[ABD] Armory World of Warcraft Tooltip

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Shantalya

Re: [RC3] Armory World of Warcraft Tooltip

Post by Shantalya »

alohastone wrote:Jaaa, das sieht schon wesentlich besser aus. Aber einen Ticken könnte es noch rüber, ragt immer noch ein bisschen über den Rand hinaus. 20 Pixel vielleicht, viel isses nicht.
I'm no expert in java script and i'm actually not well versed in this language ^^
anyway it's better than before :)

reiserfs took a look at my first version and, as far as I know, said, that he works on a new version with multi-language and it will contain my modifications and advancements.
Problem is, that I don't know, if he still works on it, otherwise I would alternate my version to support multi-language (primarily english and german).

And with speaking german; I didn't find any rule, which forbid speaking german.
abouthere

Post by abouthere »

It's great to hear that someone else has picked up (and bettered) the original code!

I realise that my comment may have come across rather harshly - all I meant by it was I thought we had to post in English only, but I've since realised that this was an Area 51 (PHPBB olympus test site) rule and presumably isn't across on this site too else the moderators would have deleted your posts by now.

I eagerly await either an English version of your version, or for the original author to finish off with some of the newer code since the later SVN releases of the php armoury use caching (great for us EU folk). Whichever comes, I'm happy to wait since I'm getting it for free and realise folk have real lives to be getting one with.
soniix

Post by soniix »

hmmm, any chance to have this mod supporting fopen instead of cURL because my host doesnt support cURL :(
timhor

Post by timhor »

k, first, i don't have time actually to merge my diff & shantalya diffs.
This mod is quite buggy for eu armory items (it would need a partial rewrite)

here is the version i use for the cache to work, it actually only work for fr atm
cache version
orintyie

Post by orintyie »

Nisaru wrote:Hello,

I have a problem with the mod ;(
The links for the items show up fine and link to the correct pages in the amory but the popup tolltip will not start when I hover over them. I have checked my Javascript but this is correct. In my php.ini the options allow_url_fopen and short_open_tag is on.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you will understand my problem and you can help me ;)
I'm having this exact same issue. My forums can be found at http://carleone.orintyie.com/forums

Any help would be great on this one.
alohastone

Post by alohastone »

As far as I can see, you didn't include the javascript and css files in your template (overall_header.html):

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="ajax_tooltip/js/ajax-dynamic-content.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="ajax_tooltip/js/ajax.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="ajax_tooltip/js/ajax-tooltip.js"></script>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="ajax_tooltip/css/wow-item.css" type="text/css" />
Just put it somewhere in between the <head> Tags.

@Shantalya: I'm alright with what it looks like now. Thanks for fixing :)
Does your version already support caching? That sounds like a good thing to have...
my personal weblog: alohastone.com
orintyie

Post by orintyie »

I double checked and it is between the HEAD tags. Put all the lines right above:

Code: Select all

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{T_STYLESHEET_LINK}" type="text/css" />
Thanks for the quick response.
draenari

Post by draenari »

I seem to be having trouble getting the tooltip to pop up on my forum... I installed it just how the instructions said to and read the last few pages of this thread to see if this mod still worked with the newest version of phpbb and it appears to. Any suggestions on what I can try to solve this issue?

my forum is http://oga.mmorpgnut.com/forum
orintyie

Post by orintyie »

draenari wrote:I seem to be having trouble getting the tooltip to pop up on my forum... I installed it just how the instructions said to and read the last few pages of this thread to see if this mod still worked with the newest version of phpbb and it appears to. Any suggestions on what I can try to solve this issue?

my forum is http://oga.mmorpgnut.com/forum
Not cool at all. Glad to hear I'm not the only one though. I've only tried this install in the WoW template so I'll try one of the default templates as a troubleshooting step.
trefex
Name: Christophe Trefois

Post by trefex »

timhor wrote:k, first, i don't have time actually to merge my diff & shantalya diffs.

here is the version i use for the cache to work, it actually only work for fr atm
cache version
This works great for me. Thanks a bunch.
Trefex
orintyie

Post by orintyie »

trefex wrote:
timhor wrote:k, first, i don't have time actually to merge my diff & shantalya diffs.

cache version
This works great for me. Thanks a bunch.
I downloaded that and replaced my phparmory folder in the root/wow folder because they looked similar. That didn't fix mine.
draenari

Post by draenari »

hmmm interesting... I put one of my older 3.0.0 R3 World of Warcraft skins on my forum and installed the phparmory code and it works. But on my newer skins it doesn't work. Looks like there's some sort of compatibility issue with newer skins, but I have no clue how to troubleshoot it since I tried a few things in the overall_header.html file but nothing worked.
orintyie

Post by orintyie »

You got a link to an older version of the WoW template?
draenari

Post by draenari »

http://oga.mmorpgnut.com/wowred.rar

Sadly I don't want to use this skin for my forum so I'll have to deal without it. :(
Shantalya

Post by Shantalya »

alohastone wrote:@Shantalya: I'm alright with what it looks like now. Thanks for fixing :)
Does your version already support caching? That sounds like a good thing to have...
No, it shouldn't work. I never had any problems so far without caching.

His version on SVN exist only for english. :/
I could rewrite it, but I'm too lazy to do that at the moment, since it also works without it.

EDIT: And his version, which can be downloaded here, is without caching.
I also don't know how far I'm allowed to change his files, they actually doesn't belong to me. Afterwards I cause too much trouble, because I've completely redone his version or so

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”