[ABD] Custom Profile Fields For Admin (1.0.3)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
HiFuGa

Re: [RC] Custom Profile Fields For Admin (1.0.3)

Post by HiFuGa »

Thanks !
Jaymie1989
Name: Jaymie

Post by Jaymie1989 »

Any change this can also be done for all groups or will that require a new modification?
Dear creators of Sesame Street,
Kids are still fat. Can I come back now?
Sincerely, Cookie Monster.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services
CoC

Post by CoC »

It would require a different mod.
richey

Post by richey »

Hello,

how can I modify this MOD in order to just display Admin-only fields (readonly) in the UCP
(instead of hiding them completely)?

thanks,
r.
adam5550

Post by adam5550 »

any idea why i am getting this error when i go into acp>usergroups>custom profile fields?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER, expecting ')' in /home/content/html/includes/acp/acp_profile.php on line 383

I added the comma in and double checked my edited files
TiTex

Post by TiTex »

how can i make this so that other groups can see the profile field for example moderators or global moderators in UCP ?
Tarrnation

Post by Tarrnation »

Any chance someone can bring this MOD up-to-date? I need this functionality for my board running version 3.0.12 as I have a few custom profile fields that all users must enter during registration and I do not want users or moderators to see them in their profiles. As admin though, I would like to retain the functionality to be able to edit them if necessary. I also have some other custom profile fields that I do want shown in user profiles so I need a solution that doesn't break the current functionality.
Tarrnation

Post by Tarrnation »

OK after doing a little more research and finding this post:
viewtopic.php?p=8342685#p8342685

And a bit of trial-and-error, I think I've figured out a solution for version 3.0.12.

NOTE: For this to work, you must check "Hide profile field" in ACP>Users And Groups>Custom profile fields>(Edit). You may also wish to check "Display on registration screen" otherwise, this MOD is pretty much pointless. Confirmed working with "Required field" checked (the post linked above did not work properly due to required fields).

Open: includes/functions_profile_fields.php

Find (line 48):

Code: Select all

if (!$auth->acl_gets('a_', 'm_') && !$auth->acl_getf_global('m_'))
Replace with:

if (!$auth->acl_gets('a_') && !$auth->acl_getf_global('a_'))
Find (line 219):

((!$auth->acl_gets('a_', 'm_') && !$auth->acl_getf_global('m_')) ? '	AND f.field_hide = 0 ' : '') . '

Replace With:

((!$auth->acl_gets('a_') && !$auth->acl_getf_global('a_')) ? '	AND f.field_hide = 0 ' : '') . '

Find (line 284):

if (!$auth->acl_gets('a_', 'm_') && !$auth->acl_getf_global('m_'))
Replace with:

if (!$auth->acl_gets('a_') && !$auth->acl_getf_global('a_'))
Last edited by Tarrnation on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

There is no need to dig up a seven-year-old dead topic to post code from 4 years ago.

viewtopic.php?p=12304255#p12304255
Tarrnation

Post by Tarrnation »

Firstly, I really don't appreciate the condescending tone. I was only trying to help those like me, who may have landed on this popular thread searching for a similar solution (not some obscure one like the one that you linked). I would expect more from a "Support Team Member" such as yourself.

Secondly, that code you linked to is INCOMPLETE just like the code from the link that I referenced and if you would have even paid any attention to the details, you would have known that. My code on the other hand, brings this MOD up-to-date with the current version (3.0.12) of phpBB and if that winds up helping just ONE person other than myself, it would certainly justify digging up a "seven-year-old dead topic" - especially considering the fact that this is STILL not a part of the core functionality despite it's usefulness and popularity.

Good day sir.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Tarrnation wrote: this popular thread
It is not a "popular thread". You are the first poster to this topic since 2008. Please do not bump up dead topics like this.
Tarrnation

Post by Tarrnation »

Way to pick apart my words and not really address the issue. And aren't you doing even worse yourself by replying to my posts and not adding anything helpful/constructive? At least when I bumped this thread, it was to add something that may be useful to others.

This thread may not be a RECENT one, but that fact does not mean it's not "popular". It is 4 pages long and as far as I'm concerned, any thread longer than 1 page makes it popular. Plus, there are many other threads regarding the same thing making the subject ITSELF "popular". Also this topic is not "dead" as I am here CURRENTLY discussing it and there are other recent threads/posts regarding the same subject.

That's all besides the point though. You obviously have a superiority complex or something to go about harassing people who are only trying to help others. If you don't want old topics being resurrected, then why don't you just lock them? But telling me that I shouldn't post in this topic even though I'm adding something constructive is just absurd.

I cannot believe that someone such as yourself is allowed to work on the support staff here. Are you guys really that desperate for moderators? I used to have nothing but positive things to say about phpBB and it's community. But as they say.... 1 bad apple spoils the bunch.
Master_Cylinder

Post by Master_Cylinder »

Is there a rule against "necroposting" here? I didn't see one:
https://www.phpbb.com/rules/

Since this is a MOD in development and he is trying to get this going again....AND he *did* add code to help develop it, I have to agree that his post was appropriate.

I'm confused, was he supposed to start over and post a MOD request? Can't HE take this over since it's abandoned and not locked/marked ABD?
Tarrnation

Post by Tarrnation »

Master_Cylinder,

Thank you for backing me up on this. People like you should be on the support staff (not this other guy). I did check the rules before posting and I did not see anything against reviving old threads. Plus, I landed on this thread when searching for this issue so it made perfect sense to me that this is where I should reply. I did not see a need to add to the mess of same-topic threads that seem to plague this forum (making solutions harder to find) when this one was completely relevant to the issue I was having. Also, chances are pretty high that other people with the same issue will land here in the future as well - thus increasing the chances of my solution helping others.

Anyways, that's all I have to say about this nonsense. I am requesting that all of this off-topic riff-raff be deleted from this thread and that you guys seek additional training for your support staff so that they may be more... "supportive".
Master_Cylinder

Post by Master_Cylinder »

Just let it go and move on...pulling the tiger's tail won't help nor change anything around here. ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”