[ABD] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
playerfr

Re: [DEV] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by playerfr »

Yes did you saw the first post ? he has updated to version RC3 ;) it is becoiming very nice :D
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com
jerx

Post by jerx »

playerfr wrote:Yes did you saw the first post ? he has updated to version RC3 ;) it is becoiming very nice :D
Are you talking to me? Of course I did, as I said "I know you wrote ...". There must be some hidden text in the first post. I cannot read anything about guestbook, blog, gallery, music or video player, only about other improvements of existing features. Moreover he said that final version is getting closer. This might be an indication that there won' t be many changes until final version.

On the other hand he confirmed that it will be similar to myspace, but without ads and spam. Since he did not say guestbook, etc. he probably add those features, too.

But before we go on guessing, we should give Josh the chance to answer for himself. ;)

Besides, Jadestone has created a similar mod (myspace clone) for phpbb2 already, but it looks like he is focusing on phpbb2 in the upcoming month. I do not expect him releasing a phpbb3 version until December, because recode of phpbb2 version will be released in October/November. Anyway, you two might want to cooperate, so that you do not have to do all the work alone.

You might event want to use existing mods, but I think that is not a good option. Jadestone has done that in the beginning and there seem to be good reason he codes/recodes the mod all by himself now.
playerfr

Post by playerfr »

jerx wrote:
playerfr wrote:Yes did you saw the first post ? he has updated to version RC3 ;) it is becoiming very nice :D
Are you talking to me? Of course I did, as I said "I know you wrote ...". There must be some hidden text in the first post. I cannot read anything about guestbook, blog, gallery, music or video player, only about other improvements of existing features. Moreover he said that final version is getting closer. This might be an indication that there won' t be many changes until final version.

On the other hand he confirmed that it will be similar to myspace, but without ads and spam. Since he did not say guestbook, etc. he probably add those features, too.

But before we go on guessing, we should give Josh the chance to answer for himself. ;)

Besides, Jadestone has created a similar mod (myspace clone) for phpbb2 already, but it looks like he is focusing on phpbb2 in the upcoming month. I do not expect him releasing a phpbb3 version until December, because recode of phpbb2 version will be released in October/November. Anyway, you two might want to cooperate, so that you do not have to do all the work alone.

You might event want to use existing mods, but I think that is not a good option. Jadestone has done that in the beginning and there seem to be good reason he codes/recodes the mod all by himself now.

If I answered it is beacuse I knwo him and I am in contact with him everyday and I beta test it befor erelase here ;)

And Dont wory When he said final version it is to say about Final stable version ;)

And Next version There will be more fucntions. So you can request and I will work with him :) He is very nice and and he will add features :P
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com
Josh18657

Post by Josh18657 »

as of right now it is a good web site builder but without additions

In the near future I will either add new versions or some type of add on packs so only features an admin wants need to be installed.

As for this final release it is held up slightly do to me doing some other work that at least needs to show some progress. Hopefully in the next few days I will be able to post the download location. his will also give my testers a few more days to hopefully find all the bugs :D

Josh

also, I did update the screen shots to show what is available now
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.
Josh18657

Post by Josh18657 »

Download link added to first post

Hope everyone enjoys the script, be sure to post here with any bugs found as well as suggestions for future versions

Josh
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

I just installed this to my forum, it looks awesome, I gave permission to the admins to create a mypage. One thing I didn't figure out yet, which link do regular users have to use to see my mypage then? Or did I misunderstood something?

Grtz,

Nic
rickyschuijff

Post by rickyschuijff »

Dutch language update it gives an error

http://www.flyffworld.nl/nl_mypage_pdate.rar :D
Flyff Game go to FlyffWorld
Josh18657

Post by Josh18657 »

saaiberke wrote:I just installed this to my forum, it looks awesome, I gave permission to the admins to create a mypage. One thing I didn't figure out yet, which link do regular users have to use to see my mypage then? Or did I misunderstood something?

Grtz,

Nic
when you click on view page, use the url in the new window as the url, but remove the session id.

so your url would look like http://your_site.com/my_page.php?id=2
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Ok, thank you! :)

Nic
playerfr

Post by playerfr »

Josh just got an idea, the link to Mypage should be shown also in Viewtopic :P
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

playerfr wrote:Josh just got an idea, the link to Mypage should be shown also in Viewtopic :P
You can do that with the custom fields function. :)

Grtz,

Nic
playerfr

Post by playerfr »

saaiberke wrote:
playerfr wrote:Josh just got an idea, the link to Mypage should be shown also in Viewtopic :P
You can do that with the custom fields function. :)

Grtz,

Nic
It will be more cute with an Icon and it is not possibel with custom filed :(

Also it should be automatique for each user how it can done ?
Josh18657

Post by Josh18657 »

a planned addition for the next version, also to be shown in the users profile, if a user wants it shown
fiorefrank

Post by fiorefrank »

just great!!!
do you need an help?
if yes...well!!! i'm here!!!

regards
Arcanjo

Post by Arcanjo »

Hi!

Is there any demo?? Im working on translating to portuguese...please a demo