[ABD] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
marunooo
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by marunooo »

Josh18657 wrote:
marunooo wrote:WIll try that... which table is it?
in the modules table, make module_auth blank for modules with language names of ACP_MP_STYLE, ACP_MP_LIMITS, ACP_MP_MAIN and ACP_MP_MYPAGE
No luck.

I've done this:

Before:

Code: Select all

>select * from forums_modules where module_langname in ('ACP_MP_STYLE', 'ACP_MP_LIMITS', 'ACP_MP_MAIN', 'ACP_MP_MYPAGE');
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+-----------------+
| module_id | module_enabled | module_display | module_basename | module_class | parent_id | left_id | right_id | module_langname | module_mode | module_auth     |
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+-----------------+
|       195 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | acp          |         9 |     102 |      109 | ACP_MP_MYPAGE   |             | acl_a_mp_change |
|       196 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | acp          |       195 |     103 |      104 | ACP_MP_MAIN     | overview    | acl_a_mp_change |
|       197 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | acp          |       195 |     105 |      106 | ACP_MP_LIMITS   | limits      | acl_a_mp_change |
|       198 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | acp          |       195 |     107 |      108 | ACP_MP_STYLE    | style       | acl_a_mp_change |
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+-----------------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)
Executed:

Code: Select all

update forums_modules set module_auth='' where module_langname in ('ACP_MP_STYLE', 'ACP_MP_LIMITS', 'ACP_MP_MAIN', 'ACP_MP_MYPAGE');
Query OK, 4 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 4  Changed: 4  Warnings: 0
After:

Code: Select all

select * from forums_modules where module_langname in ('ACP_MP_STYLE', 'ACP_MP_LIMITS', 'ACP_MP_MAIN', 'ACP_MP_MYPAGE');
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+-------------+
| module_id | module_enabled | module_display | module_basename | module_class | parent_id | left_id | right_id | module_langname | module_mode | module_auth |
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+-------------+
|       195 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | acp          |         9 |     102 |      109 | ACP_MP_MYPAGE   |             |             |
|       196 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | acp          |       195 |     103 |      104 | ACP_MP_MAIN     | overview    |             |
|       197 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | acp          |       195 |     105 |      106 | ACP_MP_LIMITS   | limits      |             |
|       198 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | acp          |       195 |     107 |      108 | ACP_MP_STYLE    | style       |             |
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+-------------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)
I'll try to undo all and reinstall one last time. Sucks for my users, they were excited to get personal hompages... Thanks for the help so far anyway :)

Josh18657
Registered User
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by Josh18657 »

if it's only the acp that doesn't work, you can make the changes directly to the database, in the config table.

mypage_default_content -> default content for freshly created pages
mypage_max_uploads_size -> max size in bytes of each upload
mypage_use_board_header -> 1 uses board header and footer, 2 to not use
mypage_custom_footer -> custom footer
mypage_allowed_1 -> number of allowed pages
mypage_allowed_2 -> number of allowed pages
mypage_allowed_3 -> number of allowed pages
mypage_allowed_uploads_1 -> number of allowed uploads
mypage_allowed_uploads_2 -> number of allowed uploads
mypage_allowed_uploads_3 -> number of allowed uploads
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.

marunooo
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by marunooo »

Josh18657 wrote:if it's only the acp that doesn't work, you can make the changes directly to the database, in the config table.

mypage_default_content -> default content for freshly created pages
mypage_max_uploads_size -> max size in bytes of each upload
mypage_use_board_header -> 1 uses board header and footer, 2 to not use
mypage_custom_footer -> custom footer
mypage_allowed_1 -> number of allowed pages
mypage_allowed_2 -> number of allowed pages
mypage_allowed_3 -> number of allowed pages
mypage_allowed_uploads_1 -> number of allowed uploads
mypage_allowed_uploads_2 -> number of allowed uploads
mypage_allowed_uploads_3 -> number of allowed uploads
So, the symptoms are:
* i can't see nor manipulate settings in ACP
* UCP doesn't show the tab neither so I suppose members can't create/edit homepages
* viewing a member's profile, under "contact <member name>", I can see "MY PAGES" then "No page created"

DB lookups:

Code: Select all

select * from forums_modules where module_langname like 'UCP_MP_%';
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| module_id | module_enabled | module_display | module_basename | module_class | parent_id | left_id | right_id | module_langname | module_mode | module_auth                                                    |
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
|       191 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | ucp          |       190 |      56 |       57 | UCP_MP_MAIN     | overview    | acl_u_mp_allowed_1 || acl_u_mp_allowed_2 || acl_u_mp_allowed_3 |
|       192 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | ucp          |       190 |      58 |       59 | UCP_MP_UPLOADS  | uploads     | acl_u_mp_uploads_1 || acl_u_mp_uploads_2 || acl_u_mp_uploads_3 |
|       193 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | ucp          |       190 |      60 |       61 | UCP_MP_ADD      | add         | acl_u_mp_allowed_1 || acl_u_mp_allowed_2 || acl_u_mp_allowed_3 |
|       194 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | ucp          |       190 |      62 |       63 | UCP_MP_EDIT     | edit        | acl_u_mp_allowed_1 || acl_u_mp_allowed_2 || acl_u_mp_allowed_3 |
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Code: Select all

select * from forums_modules where module_langname like 'ACP_MP_%';
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+-------------+
| module_id | module_enabled | module_display | module_basename | module_class | parent_id | left_id | right_id | module_langname | module_mode | module_auth |
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+-------------+
|       195 |              1 |              1 |                 | acp          |         9 |     102 |      109 | ACP_MP_MYPAGE   |             |             |
|       196 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | acp          |       195 |     103 |      104 | ACP_MP_MAIN     | overview    |             |
|       197 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | acp          |       195 |     105 |      106 | ACP_MP_LIMITS   | limits      |             |
|       198 |              1 |              1 | mypage          | acp          |       195 |     107 |      108 | ACP_MP_STYLE    | style       |             |
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+-------------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Code: Select all

select * from forums_modules where parent_id=9;
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+-------------+
| module_id | module_enabled | module_display | module_basename | module_class | parent_id | left_id | right_id | module_langname | module_mode | module_auth |
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+-------------+
|        10 |              1 |              1 |                 | acp          |         9 |      80 |       91 | ACP_MESSAGES    |             |             |
|        11 |              1 |              1 |                 | acp          |         9 |      92 |      101 | ACP_ATTACHMENTS |             |             |
|       195 |              1 |              1 |                 | acp          |         9 |     102 |      109 | ACP_MP_MYPAGE   |             |             |
+-----------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+---------+----------+-----------------+-------------+-------------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

marunooo
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by marunooo »

Then my config table...

Code: Select all

select * from forums_config where config_name like 'mypage%';
+--------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------------+
| config_name              | config_value                                                                   | is_dynamic |
+--------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------------+
| mypage_allowed_1         | 1                                                                              |          0 |
| mypage_allowed_2         | 5                                                                              |          0 |
| mypage_allowed_3         | 10                                                                             |          0 |
| mypage_allowed_uploads_1 | 2                                                                              |          0 |
| mypage_allowed_uploads_2 | 10                                                                             |          0 |
| mypage_allowed_uploads_3 | 15                                                                             |          0 |
| mypage_custom_footer     | <center>This site brought to you by jts enterprises mypage phpbb3 mod</center> |          0 |
| mypage_default_content   | page not yet available                                                         |          0 |
| mypage_max_uploads_size  | 100000                                                                         |          0 |
| mypage_rate_0            | 0.gif                                                                          |          0 |
| mypage_rate_1            | 1.gif                                                                          |          0 |
| mypage_rate_2            | 2.gif                                                                          |          0 |
| mypage_rate_3            | 3.gif                                                                          |          0 |
| mypage_rate_4            | 4.gif                                                                          |          0 |
| mypage_rate_5            | 5.gif                                                                          |          0 |
| mypage_rate_none         | none.gif                                                                       |          0 |
| mypage_use_board_header  | 1                                                                              |          0 |
+--------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------------+
17 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Tempest_Wales
Registered User
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Cardiff,Wales
Contact:

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by Tempest_Wales »

Its best to go back through all the files and check you made the necessary edits (you can ignore this if you've already done this!)

User avatar
Smavy
Registered User
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:04 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by Smavy »

Hi,

here are the new translation into German (informal and formal).


@Josh
What´s with this:

Code: Select all

'acl_u_mp_vote' 
in the " permissions_mypage.php " language file?

User avatar
ameisez
Registered User
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:04 am

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by ameisez »

I'll take the plunge this evening :D

wish me luck ;)
PHPBB on HOSTGATOR SERVER. MY PERSONAL CHOICE ;)
Need phpBB images and buttons? HIRE ME
my MOD: BB3 Media Player | a phpbb based media player

Josh18657
Registered User
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by Josh18657 »

Smavy wrote:Hi,

here are the new translation into German (informal and formal).


@Josh
What´s with this:

Code: Select all

'acl_u_mp_vote' 
in the " permissions_mypage.php " language file?
it's not used and can be ignored

thank you for the translation
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.

Josh18657
Registered User
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by Josh18657 »

ameisez wrote:I'll take the plunge this evening :D

wish me luck ;)
good luck ;)
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.

kevinroxx
Registered User
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:57 pm

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by kevinroxx »

Tempest_Wales wrote:I got a little suggestion, but please feel free to say no.

Any chance that at the top of the mypage instead of having "Board - MypageName"?

Could we have "Board - ProfileName - MypageName". I think it makes it clearer who created the page.


Thanks.
I like the suggestion.

Josh great work so far on the mypage mod. Works great so far.

I think I did find one little 'glitch' though. When you reach the max # of pages and see the max # page "Page limit reached, Please delete a page before creating another.", and choose "Return to the User Control Panel" and click on this link it does not take you back to the UCP. Instead it returns you to the same max # page. If you wait long enough it redirects for you back to the UCP but this may eventually confuse a member since the link does not work.

Also the suggestion on MCP edit of mypage's is a great idea.

Can't wait for the next release and Josh you work is fantastic!

User avatar
MagicMike304
Registered User
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:04 pm

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by MagicMike304 »

What is the risk of turning HTML on? Are their checks made to check the HTML to make sure it isn't anything bad?

User avatar
ameisez
Registered User
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:04 am

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by ameisez »

Installer said it is successfully installed. I went to ACP clear cache. but I don't see any changes on my ACP nor my site? Did I miss anything?

By the way, I remove the install folder although it is not mentioned in the DIY. I just presume it is a must for every install.
PHPBB on HOSTGATOR SERVER. MY PERSONAL CHOICE ;)
Need phpBB images and buttons? HIRE ME
my MOD: BB3 Media Player | a phpbb based media player

Josh18657
Registered User
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by Josh18657 »

ameisez wrote:Installer said it is successfully installed. I went to ACP clear cache. but I don't see any changes on my ACP nor my site? Did I miss anything?

By the way, I remove the install folder although it is not mentioned in the DIY. I just presume it is a must for every install.
you did copy all the files over and make the edits correct?
you should see mypage options under the postings tab in the ACP, and a new mypage tab in the UCP
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.

Josh18657
Registered User
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by Josh18657 »

MagicMike304 wrote:What is the risk of turning HTML on? Are their checks made to check the HTML to make sure it isn't anything bad?
I personally would not allow it on my forums even though I do not know exactly what risks are involved.
No checks are done for html at this time, it's just all or nothing.
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.

Josh18657
Registered User
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by Josh18657 »

kevinroxx wrote:
Tempest_Wales wrote:I got a little suggestion, but please feel free to say no.

Any chance that at the top of the mypage instead of having "Board - MypageName"?

Could we have "Board - ProfileName - MypageName". I think it makes it clearer who created the page.


Thanks.
I like the suggestion.

Josh great work so far on the mypage mod. Works great so far.

I think I did find one little 'glitch' though. When you reach the max # of pages and see the max # page "Page limit reached, Please delete a page before creating another.", and choose "Return to the User Control Panel" and click on this link it does not take you back to the UCP. Instead it returns you to the same max # page. If you wait long enough it redirects for you back to the UCP but this may eventually confuse a member since the link does not work.

Also the suggestion on MCP edit of mypage's is a great idea.

Can't wait for the next release and Josh you work is fantastic!
I'll be adding the title change to the next version as well as fixing that link bug, thank you for the heads up

Josh
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”