[ABD] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Ladysarajane

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by Ladysarajane » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:59 am

What style are you using?

Josh for some reason, subsilver2 is not cooperating well. (version 0.2.2)
It works well in prosilver, but when I go to edit or start a Mypage in subsilver2 editor, the tabs for BBcodes will not work and when I click to make an uploaded image file into a background, it will not enter it on the line in the Style Options of subsilver2, but it will in prosilver.
BBcodes will work if I type them in manually in the editor but clicking on the BBcode button in the editor will not work. Clicking to add uploaded files to the page in subsilver2 will not add them inline anywhere either.
When all else fails, read the instructions

MrMontana

Post by MrMontana » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:45 am

Thats what i said... BBCodes does not work, and the Colour Table either..

Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:16 am

MrMontana wrote:Thats what i said... BBCodes does not work, and the Colour Table either..
:bangshead:
But WHAT style are you using??
Are you using prosilver, or subsilver2? Saying they don't work and not answering questions about WHERE they don't work doesn't help the Mod author to track down the problem. If you had said earlier that this problem was on a subsilver2 style then maybe the fix would be out by now.
Using a BETA mod on a live forum is not a good ideal without testing it first. There are too many variables on a live forum. (mods, users, different PHP versions, MySQL versions, styles etc). I use a copy of my forum on a localhost (WAMP) and try new Mods that I want on that. If all seems to go well, then and only then do I use it on a Live forum for more thorough testing, but not before BACKING up so I can restore my forum if something happens.
If you are going to test in a live enviroment, that is your prerogative. But if something goes wrong, give a little more info on EXACTLY where the problem you encounter is. Do you have the error in debug? Does it occur on viewtopic? Does it occur on prosilver? Does it occur on subsilver2? What other mods are installed on your board? Not all mods play nice together. It could be a different mod interfering with another mod and that is something the mod author could or could not fix. You may have to chose between the mods.

So I guess my point is be responsible. If you put a BETA mod on a live forum don't come back and insult the mod author if it doesn't work for you. Mod authors take time out of their own lives to make these for us to enjoy. They usually are happy to work the problem out if you give them specifics like I described above instead of blaming them for a faulty Mod. THAT is why it is called BETA. Because the software could have bugs in it.

@scottbu123 Do you see the settings in the ACP under settings? If you see it then it was installed sucessfully. Go to Permissions ->Group Permissions->Your groups and click on advance settings and alter the settings for MY Page. You may not be able to see the tab in the UCP until you give the correct permissions for it to show to the Groups.

himtuna

Install Failure

Post by himtuna » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:39 am

I modified all the files and uploaded the required ones.
I moved to url ....mypage_install/index.php
and got this error

Code: Select all

General Error
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./../styles/prosilver_se/template/install_main.html does not exist or is empty
and i dont think there is any file "template/install_main.htm" packed with the mod?

downloaded from
http://jtsenterprises.biz/phpbb_mypage.php
( i have removed the mypage_install for now, for safety reasons)

MrMontana

Post by MrMontana » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:40 am

I am on SubSilver2.

Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:27 pm

MrMontana wrote:I am on SubSilver2.
I confirmed the subsilver2 bug then.
If you try it in prosilver it will work. Hopefully Josh will now be able to narrow the problem on why subsilver2 does this and give us a fix on it. I use both styles on my forum, but my default is a subsilver2 based style so I can't use this mod either until this is fixed.

@himtuna- do you have a style on your forum called prosilver_se? If so you need to upload the root file of styles/prosilver/template to your prosilver_se/template folder. It is looking for a file in that style folder for a file.

If that doesn't solve it, then try making prosilver the default style on your forum for the install, then switching it back after the install. (I have not tried installing it with a different style other than prosilver, so I am not sure what errors it will give)

himtuna

Post by himtuna » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:46 pm

I have uploaded the template file to its correct location, but the problem is that its trying to access a file that is not packed with the mod.
Might be that prosilver_se has something else.
but thing is that i just cant install with prosilver because the forum heavily moded.
still i'll give it a try!
thanks

Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:48 pm

Did you make the edits on prosilver_se that are listed for prosilver?
Second question is prosilver still in your style folders? You shouldn't delete it because a lot of mods/updates look to that style before installing.(doesn't need to be default style, it just needs to be active) Be sure to upload the root style folder also to prosilver.

jjjohan

Post by jjjohan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:05 am

Hmm, I'm having some difficulties getting this to function. I've installed it, uploaded everything, made the modifications, but nothing happened.

I can find the settings in the administrator control panel, but I see no changes in the forum itself. The member list remains the self, I see no option to visit anyone's page let alone my own, or in any way access any "my" pages.

Where am I supposed to see these?

I'm using an acidtech theme based on subsilver2, but it should at least do something, right?

BiggDawgg

Post by BiggDawgg » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:59 pm

The only place you will see anything is a new tab in the User Control Panel called MyPage

Once someone adds a page (and numbers it) you will see a link in that persons profile and next to his/her posts

himtuna

Post by himtuna » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:55 am

I tried activating the prosilver files and uploaded them.
And even installed by making prosilver as default theme.
But got the same error.

Code: Select all

General Error
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./../styles/prosilver_se/template/install_main.html does not exist or is empty

But got the the options in system>acp and ucp

but there is not option in user control panel. no "My Page" tab.
purged cache, tried adding them from system...

can we have sql queries to be executed manually?

barryoneoff

Post by barryoneoff » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:39 pm

Has this beta project been abandoned? It's a shame if it has, but I notice josh has not been around for some time. :(
I don't really want to install it while there are still bugs to be found.
Click above to support St. Josephs Hospice.
Barryoneoff's London. ... City of London walks.

Josh18657

Post by Josh18657 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:52 pm

barryoneoff wrote:Has this beta project been abandoned? It's a shame if it has, but I notice josh has not been around for some time. :(
I don't really want to install it while there are still bugs to be found.
Not abandoned but put on hold for a bit while I finish up some other projects. I think most people are using it without a problem.

Josh
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.

barryoneoff

Post by barryoneoff » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:47 pm

That's good. :D I thought you'd given up. I'm tempted to try the beta but reluctant (frightened even) in case it crashes my forum.
Click above to support St. Josephs Hospice.
Barryoneoff's London. ... City of London walks.

Josh18657

Post by Josh18657 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:53 pm

barryoneoff wrote:That's good. :D I thought you'd given up. I'm tempted to try the beta but reluctant (frightened even) in case it crashes my forum.
If you have your own hosting you could always set up a test forum to try it out on.
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”