[ABD] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
User avatar
ricky_a
Registered User
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:36 pm
Location: Trinidad & Tobago

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by ricky_a » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:43 pm

JeRicHoOL wrote:I have checked your demo site and I can't manage to find an example of how such a page could look like. Could you please give me a direct link? :)
Here's a direct link to a page that I made with this mod: http://www.islandnoise.com/main/mypage.php?id=9

I made 2 pages there actually....the link to the 2nd page is right there on top.

User avatar
madguy
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: Russia, Moscow

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by madguy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:45 pm

Nothing about that thing about charset in comments? :cry: :cry: :cry:

MydnyteSyn
Registered User
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:02 am

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by MydnyteSyn » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:14 am

I'd like to have the pages background color automatically inherit the colors I have on my forum. How can I accomplish this? I don't want the members to be able to select a different background color.

Greylock3491
Registered User
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:11 am

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by Greylock3491 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:40 pm

This is a great mod - thank you very much for all the work you put into it!

The only things I think the current version is missing is:
1 - As someone else has said, a My Pages overview page showing all the mypages (like the phpbb gallery has a user galleries listing)
2 - Unless I missed it, some way to make mypages only visible to those folks who are logged in (i.e. not everyone)

But again, great job - awesome mod ;)

PS - Here's my MyPage: http://www.CasualAdultGamers.com/mypage.php?id=1

User avatar
muggins
Registered User
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Texas
Name: Donovan
Contact:

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by muggins » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:20 am

One of my folks requested something like this, so I'll give it a shot.

Thanks! :)
Muggins

Josh18657
Registered User
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by Josh18657 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:30 am

shahinavthal
I don't see where the function is redeclared, have you gotten this error fixed?

azzam
A small bug when deleting a page, I'll fix it in the next release. For now you can create a new page, give it the order of 1, then go back and give it the order of 0. This should remove the page link. As for html, I wouldn't allow it personally. As a wise phpbb3 Developer told me "Html was left out of phpbb for a reason".

Jume
I'll have to look into the permissions settings more, that column should be 0 for all the permissions for everyone which as I understood was correct, but then again, I can always be wrong. How did you get the permissions fixed if you don't mind me asking?

madguy
thank you for pointing out a few more language errors, I'll be fixing them soon





Options to add
add mypage templates
add preview of pages in progress
polls?
mypage page listing
admin set default mypage style components
admin allow / disallow style elements
member make page only visable to logged in members
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.

azzam
Registered User
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 11:33 am

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by azzam » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Thankyou fro answering...

I have few advice though:

1)A main page for my page where most recent, most viewed,best rated and newly created pages displayed.
2)And some pre added themes for pages.(Not just a color)
3)Support for ALMSAMIM editor.
4)Categories and sub categories...
5)Polls
6)User can grant permissions who can access and who can't

Thank you for your time
Azzam Malik
I love mods :)

sbfc93
Registered User
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by sbfc93 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:10 pm

Is it just me or do the URL's to people's mypages not appear when you are viewing profiles?

toomedic
Registered User
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:31 am

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by toomedic » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:42 am

Need Help... I have set this Mod up in another board, but can't get it to work in the board I'm working with now. I have uploaded everything, did all the alterations to the code. I ran mypage_install with success. When I go to set it up in the UCP part of the ACP, I set it up ok.. I enable it, but it does not show up in the UCP. If I edit the module and change the module to anything other then mypage [ucp_mypage] the mypage tab appears, but without mypage info. Anytime I use mypage [ucp_mypage] the tab dissapears... Any Ideas?

toomedic
Registered User
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:31 am

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by toomedic » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:15 pm

Still need help anyone? Cant get it to come up in UCP, See previous post

toomedic
Registered User
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:31 am

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by toomedic » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:19 am

Bump Again... Need help here...

Josh18657
Registered User
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by Josh18657 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:14 pm

toomedic wrote:Need Help... I have set this Mod up in another board, but can't get it to work in the board I'm working with now. I have uploaded everything, did all the alterations to the code. I ran mypage_install with success. When I go to set it up in the UCP part of the ACP, I set it up ok.. I enable it, but it does not show up in the UCP. If I edit the module and change the module to anything other then mypage [ucp_mypage] the mypage tab appears, but without mypage info. Anytime I use mypage [ucp_mypage] the tab dissapears... Any Ideas?
You don't need to set any modules up in the acp, just need to add permissions.
To fix, remove all the mypage modules from the database using phpMyAdmin and then rerun the mypage installer.
After this edit the permissions for individual users or groups.
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.

Josh18657
Registered User
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by Josh18657 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:16 pm

sbfc93 wrote:Is it just me or do the URL's to people's mypages not appear when you are viewing profiles?
the order needs to be set in ucp -> mypage, anything with a 0 is hidden
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.

jmjm003
Registered User
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:05 pm

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by jmjm003 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Interesting...

A preview page would be nice to have when creating your pages.
Some type of templates would be nice too.

Good work so far. I'll have to keep an eye on this one.
Thank you

toomedic
Registered User
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:31 am

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by toomedic » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:34 am

Josh18657 wrote:
toomedic wrote:Need Help... I have set this Mod up in another board, but can't get it to work in the board I'm working with now. I have uploaded everything, did all the alterations to the code. I ran mypage_install with success. When I go to set it up in the UCP part of the ACP, I set it up ok.. I enable it, but it does not show up in the UCP. If I edit the module and change the module to anything other then mypage [ucp_mypage] the mypage tab appears, but without mypage info. Anytime I use mypage [ucp_mypage] the tab dissapears... Any Ideas?
You don't need to set any modules up in the acp, just need to add permissions.
To fix, remove all the mypage modules from the database using phpMyAdmin and then rerun the mypage installer.
After this edit the permissions for individual users or groups.
Ok, I did that still the same problem... It adds 4 tables to the database.. But I still get no mypage tab in UCP. If I click on a users name to view their profile, it shows mypages (no pages created) But nothing in the UCP, almost like its missing the file to create the mypage. It seems like there is a missing sql command or something...

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”