[ABD] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
BiggDawgg

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by BiggDawgg »

Josh18657 wrote:
BiggDawgg wrote:No Subsilver instructions? :cry:
Sorry but not yet, no sub silver mypage template files available yet. It's my next project but wanted to get this released
:cry: :cry: :cry: ... I'll be waiting very impatiently ... :cry: :cry: :cry:
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

Josh18657 wrote:
damienhbg wrote:
Josh18657 wrote:New version available for download.

http://www.jtsenterprises.biz/phpbb_mypage.php

If doing an update be sure to read the update.txt file and reset all permissions in the acp

Good luck everyone :)
Josh

hey josh! quick question, this is my first UPGRADE of a mod....just go bout it like as if its a first time install?
Normally yes, but this is such a change you pretty much need to remove all the old edits and additions (do not remove the mypage db table).

then install as normal
okay, i'm confused lol... i have to take all old root files from last installed version off the root folder, also remove all edit files? i've since added other modifications, wont this cause some problems? in my case do i need to go through the edits and reverse everything?
My coolest mods: My Page; User Reminder; PJIRC CHAT
Josh18657

Post by Josh18657 »

yeah, pretty much install the old version in reverse :)

You don't really need to remove the files because some will be overwritten and others just won't be used, but to help solve problems before they are made it's easier to remove the files.

As for removing the edits, it won't hurt any other mods at all as long as you only remove stuff installed by this mod. But if they are left, it may cause errors on your pages.
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

Josh18657 wrote:yeah, pretty much install the old version in reverse :)

You don't really need to remove the files because some will be overwritten and others just won't be used, but to help solve problems before they are made it's easier to remove the files.

As for removing the edits, it won't hurt any other mods at all as long as you only remove stuff installed by this mod. But if they are left, it may cause errors on your pages.
okay, soooo for me to be clear here lol and not screw up this great mod, i must do the following...

SEE OLD VERSION root folder, remove from ftp.site/forum any files found in the root folder......

then see all edit files from old version, download them for edit with the new version...and remove the old edits, and then continue with the new edits...

dude, i'm freaken scared to do this! i just had the site crash the other day installing the arcade mod, now i gotta do the same thing for that! :(
Josh18657

Post by Josh18657 »

damienhbg wrote:
Josh18657 wrote:yeah, pretty much install the old version in reverse :)

okay, soooo for me to be clear here lol and not screw up this great mod, i must do the following...

SEE OLD VERSION root folder, remove from ftp.site/forum any files found in the root folder......

then see all edit files from old version, download them for edit with the new version...and remove the old edits, and then continue with the new edits...

dude, i'm freaken scared to do this! i just had the site crash the other day installing the arcade mod, now i gotta do the same thing for that! :(

you got it :)
I can help you edit your forums at a reasonable price, send a PM if you can't get something figured out here.
atcs2003s

Post by atcs2003s »

hey damienhbg i had to do the same thing on my forum, i have the new version installed and working fine :)

just save a back up of your files so if something does go wrong, upload your back up :)

Thanks josh for all your hard work and a great mod :)
kevinaf

Post by kevinaf »

BiggDawgg wrote:
Josh18657 wrote:
BiggDawgg wrote:No Subsilver instructions? :cry:
Sorry but not yet, no sub silver mypage template files available yet. It's my next project but wanted to get this released
:cry: :cry: :cry: ... I'll be waiting very impatiently ... :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: :cry: ower patiently is put to the test.
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

kevinaf wrote:

:cry: :cry: ower patiently is put to the test.
what dude?
kevinaf

Post by kevinaf »

about the subsilver2 theme.
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

after updating i just went to check my info, says in profile i have no mypages? did i lose my page during upgrade? have all members who had pages lost their pages?
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

nevermind i found it, i just cant seem to see it when i click view the page from the ucp, get a missing link page, yet when i click edit in the ucp i see all the code from my original page.

also when using the file upload feature, after uploading an image, its sending me to image id 1 link but the link is also a dead link... :(
frankd86

Post by frankd86 »

Hello Everybody,

I've installed the mypage mod and I must say, it was exactly what I was looking for. The only problem I have is the following,

I've installed the mod following the steps in the installation manual and refreshed my theme. (subsilver) At that point my other mod's, the Board3 mod, style got messed up. Could this have anything to do with the installation of the Mypage mod? Or did the refreshment of the style produce this issue.. Does anyone else have the same problem with the board3 in combination with the mypage mod?
kevinaf

Post by kevinaf »

I found some problems, first de NL langauge needs to be placed in the folder "mods", otherwise you get een error when trying to install.

Second when is installed the page en make a mypage page for testing, i only typed some text noting more. After that i wend to check how its is looking, and i was suprised to found a .sfw file in there from the portal page there and no text :? :roll:

the portal is alpha portal.
sotis

Post by sotis »

The same problems whith language charachters
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... s#p5733615

After submiting the Default content and footer appear like question marks ???????????? ??????????.

There is not language variables for background style.

When the colors and the font size are translated:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Data too long for column 'bg_color' at row 1 [1406]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_mypage SET allow_comments = '0', allow_ratings = '1', parse_bbcode = '1', parse_html = '0', parse_smiles = '1', parse_url = '1', bg_color = '?????????? ??????????', bg_img_url = 'none', bg_style = 'repeat', bg_style_fix = 'scroll', fnt_size = '?????????? ??????????', fnt_color = '????????????', mypage_title = 'Пробна страница', content = '???????????????????? ?? ?? ???????????? ???? ????????????????????????\n\nПробен текст \n\n[color=#0040FF:2d7y14lw]яьаьяаяаяаяьаья[/color:2d7y14lw]', bbcode_uid = '2d7y14lw', bbcode_bitfield = 'Ag==', bbcode_options = 7 WHERE mypage_id = 2

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_mypage.php
LINE: 219
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 481
CALL: ucp_mypage->main()

FILE: ucp.php
LINE: 310
CALL: p_master->load_active()
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

just out of curiosity, the user blog mod has a feature that shows all users whom have blogs, on one list, is there a way to have something similar to display all member pages?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”