[ABD] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
JohnnyBoy928

Re: [BETA] My Page - Personal web page for your members

Post by JohnnyBoy928 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:32 am

I am having same issue as above.....
but my database shows 8 with _mp_ and one called UCP_MYPAGE

So I have
UCP_MYPAGE overview acl_u_mp_allowed_1 || acl_u_mp_allowed_2 ||
UCP_MP_MAIN overview acl_u_mp_allowed_1 || acl_u_mp_allowed_2 || mypage ucp 206 58 59 UCP_MP_UPLOADS uploads acl_u_mp_uploads_1 ||
UCP_MP_ADD add acl_u_mp_create
UCP_MP_EDIT edit acl_u_mp_allowed_1 || acl_u_mp_allowed_2 || acl_u_...
ACP_MP_MYPAGE
ACP_MP_MAIN o
ACP_MP_LIMITS
ACP_MP_STYLE

I can only set permissions for mypage and manage it under system in ACP thats all... no tab for it...

Please help me I have fallen and cant get up.... GREAT MOD if I can get it to work... this is very important to me... please help bro... thanks in advance....

JohnnyBoy928

Post by JohnnyBoy928 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:25 pm

I got the user end to work great... I now can create a page and all... only issue is in the ACP... I have no options for Mypage besides permissions... I can not set values or change value for limits ABC or whatever...

Please help
I also posted topic in the mypage forum at josh18657 site

muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:19 pm

JohnnyBoy928 wrote:I got the user end to work great... I now can create a page and all... only issue is in the ACP... I have no options for Mypage besides permissions... I can not set values or change value for limits ABC or whatever...

Please help
I also posted topic in the mypage forum at josh18657 site
How did you get the UCP tab to show? As many of us are having trouble with this, a guide from anyone who has solved an issue would be a big help!
Muggins

woipi90

Post by woipi90 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:22 pm

i had the problem with the ucp too, but then i didn't edit the permissions for each person on my test account but for every group and then it functioned....

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";

muggins

Post by muggins » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:36 pm

Interesting. Should I remove the individual permissions, then add permissions for all groups?

If so, that would seem to defeat the purpose of having groups with different permissions.

I had sort of the same idea, actually..

I gave mypage permissions to administrators, global moderators, and to my specific user account. I have dropped tables and reinstalled at least four times now, and the result is still the same.
Muggins

JohnnyBoy928

Post by JohnnyBoy928 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:42 pm

OK here is what I did in the ACP.... I went into the groups permission and set the permissions for what group i want... also went under certain users....

I also deleted the table inserts in the database a reinstalled a fresh copy....

If you are having particualr issues you can ask me and I can see if I can help... I am still working kinks myself...
Will let you know as I go now... will document what I do...

JohnnyBoy928

Post by JohnnyBoy928 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Also I set permissions on both ends ... groups and individual users.... this is fine for now... Once a new user registers with groups permissions they will be allocated to that user... plus a small group will have mypage permissions for me so not a big deal to start with...

So set permissions for both the group and particular user...

I am still working on Admin section... think we have the database sorted... what exactly do you see?? a site link would be nice so I can see if you have same issues I had... or if I can help you...

muggins

Post by muggins » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:44 pm

I appreciate it.

As I have said before, The modules are in the database, for at least the third or fourth time with no errors. Group and individual permissions have been set, the ACP information is there, but the tab the the UCP does not appear.

I have completed removed all the modification's edits and tables, then reinstalled. All these steps seem to go well, but still no UCP tab. If you want to have a look, please do. My profile here has my site link. :|
Muggins

JohnnyBoy928

Post by JohnnyBoy928 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:41 pm

Hmmm not sure yet... I can not see permissions so I do not know... one thing for sure.. if that person or group does not have permission to use mypage it will not show up...

I now have all ends working great ACp and UCP... quite a nice little mod... I want some DJs to make profiles but not have such the intensity as a myspace or face book...

This is quite perfect...

I created a seperate group just for DJs on my page and they will have mypage... and I set that group to allow mypage... then I took my memship and add the group to my list and then allowed mypage permissions also... worked fine now... showed right up...

User: Ambrosio - has the quicky profile... (will make it more HTML fancy soon)
http://www.spunhardradio.com

muggins

Post by muggins » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:44 pm

I will set your permissions right now.

PM me when you log in again.
Muggins

toomedic

Post by toomedic » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:00 am

JohnnyBoy928 wrote:I am having same issue as above.....
but my database shows 8 with _mp_ and one called UCP_MYPAGE

So I have
UCP_MYPAGE overview acl_u_mp_allowed_1 || acl_u_mp_allowed_2 ||
UCP_MP_MAIN overview acl_u_mp_allowed_1 || acl_u_mp_allowed_2 || mypage ucp 206 58 59 UCP_MP_UPLOADS uploads acl_u_mp_uploads_1 ||
UCP_MP_ADD add acl_u_mp_create
UCP_MP_EDIT edit acl_u_mp_allowed_1 || acl_u_mp_allowed_2 || acl_u_...
ACP_MP_MYPAGE
ACP_MP_MAIN o
ACP_MP_LIMITS
ACP_MP_STYLE

I can only set permissions for mypage and manage it under system in ACP thats all... no tab for it...

Please help me I have fallen and cant get up.... GREAT MOD if I can get it to work... this is very important to me... please help bro... thanks in advance....
This is a great Mod. I had to get Josh to help me. But what I did with his direction, was go in and delete the modules you do have, then run the install again. You should have 9, thats your problem. I had too many modules... After I did that worked like a charm.

muggins

Post by muggins » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:04 pm

So how many times do you have have to delete and reinstall before it works?

I have done it at least five times now, and each time I end up with the correct number of modules, according to everything I've read here, and according to JohnnyBoy's take on it.

:twisted:
Muggins

JohnnyBoy928

Post by JohnnyBoy928 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:44 pm

lol... you dont have to keep doing it.. hahahah but I think... do not quote me... but if you reinstall this mod over one already existed then the database can get funky with the module_langname numbers...

I now how the mod working perfectly... I am now trying to either get it to accept HTML code or convert html tags to bbcode and do it that way.... would rather allow it to do HTML

Now if you have it that HTML is allowed on site you should be able to just use it in the mypage mod... but so far I have HTML enabled and as a bbcode around [html] [ /html] but for some reason it accepts the html but not all tags... like I have a cell centered in there with differnet bg colors... it shows table but its like 3 inches from the start of the profile body... lol...

You ever put up that temporary site to check it out yet???? See if maybe another module is conflicting with it??? sounds logical...

muggins

Post by muggins » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:51 pm

I haven't reinstalled the mod, I just ran the module installer multiple times, after dropping the previous tables... You saw my table entries and said it looked OK as far as the numbers went I thought.

I will have the site ready sometimes Monday. I am hammered this weekend. :|

I would just love to hear from Josh on this, but I've already paid enough in terms of head and heart-ache over this mod. If the test board won't hunt, I will just do it the hard way. :evil:
Muggins

toomedic

Post by toomedic » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Did you goto Josh's site,and PM him there? thats what I did He helped no problem...

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”