[ABD] phpBB Calendar

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
BigRed01

Re: [DEV] phpBB Calendar

Post by BigRed01 »

I'm using snailsources CalPro. It has evrything I need. The re-occuring events is big for me. We have a local r/c club, makes it easy for listing our club races. I'm really excited on how this calendar turns out. I need one before I upgrade to phpbb3.
digitalchaos13

Post by digitalchaos13 »

how close are you to releasable code?
alightner

Post by alightner »

What I have working is stable... but I keep saying I need to work on the ACP and permissions. I haven't worked with permissions before, so there is a learning curve and I'm working on it. I've also been working a lot of overtime for the last two weeks (and that will continue throughout November) so my time is limited this month. I can't commit to a release date at this time. This is the one thing preventing me from upgrading to V3, so I'm as anxious as the rest of you - but my day job must come first ;)
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.
digitalchaos13

Post by digitalchaos13 »

This mod looks awesome. cant wait.
imagick

Post by imagick »

Just as a side note: this "pressure" to get a release isn't meant as criticism of your work but only shows how anxiously we await the possibility to use your great work ... ;)

So it's more of an applause ... :oops:
alightner

Post by alightner »

As soon as this overtime lets up a little (at the end of the month) I plan to move forward as fast as I can.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
WebSnail

Post by WebSnail »

BigRed01 wrote:I'm using snailsources CalPro. It has evrything I need. The re-occuring events is big for me. We have a local r/c club, makes it easy for listing our club races. I'm really excited on how this calendar turns out. I need one before I upgrade to phpbb3.
Just to note I am working on making CalLite and Pro compatible... Currently I'm working on an abstraction layer so my core code will work as well in phpBB2 as 3.. and ultimately in other CMS systems too :)
Klepto

Post by Klepto »

Hopefully the overtime is not crushing you too bad :)

Bump for great justice!
alightner

Post by alightner »

Sorry - In addition to my day job, I'm also a wedding photographer too - and I shot a lot of weddings this fall. I'm trying to get all the proofs ready and fill Christmas orders - luckily I'm taking time off from weddings in 2008, so after the Christmas rush slows down I'll have much more time for things I love... like coding ;)
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
YushDon

Post by YushDon »

Let me add my voice to this calendar mod and say it is the most promising one I have seen for phpBB with due respect to others like CalLite, etc.

I am eagerly awaiting its release so much that I won't commit to using phpBB3 unless a decent calendar mod like this is available for it.

If it hasn't already been suggested I'd like the following to be added to your to do list:-
  • Event categories (with colours if possible)
  • Ability to export calendar events (in iCalendar or other format) if possible
  • Ability to prune events that have passed or expired
  • Ability to archive past or expired events maybe to a separate file or category.
We wish the best with this mod and hope to see it soon!
alightner

Post by alightner »

YushDon wrote:
  • Event categories (with colours if possible)
  • Ability to export calendar events (in iCalendar or other format) if possible
  • Ability to prune events that have passed or expired
  • Ability to archive past or expired events maybe to a separate file or category.
Event categories are already implemented - and while they don't have colors yet, I was hoping to add that and/or let the admin specify icons for each event category.

I have no idea how to export events, so that's not on the to-do list at present... I'd need help with something like that.

Ability to prune events would get added whenever we implement recurring events - because it's related to how we would populate the occurrences in the calendar to keep things "up to date" - but that won't be available in the first release - it will be an add on after I get the basic permissions and ACP work done.

I hadn't really thought about archiving events - not sure if I'll do this - but it's something to think about. I have a nightly backup of my own database, so if I want to review an old post (after it's been pruned) I look at the old sql file - I would probably do the same thing with the calendar events. I'll look at enhancement requests like this after the main functionality is in place :D

Thanks for the suggestions!
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
moifest

Post by moifest »

Looking forward to this mod being ready for use 8-)

Im sure this was mentioned back a bit in the topic but just to clarify if events other than birthdays will be able to display in a seperate page from the calendar.

Something like the nest 5 upcoming events dispalyed like they are on the minical for phpBB2, this is something we found really useful for keeping members up to date with what shows are on and would hate too loose it on the switch over to phpBB3.

Ta
alightner

Post by alightner »

moifest wrote:Looking forward to this mod being ready for use 8-)

Im sure this was mentioned back a bit in the topic but just to clarify if events other than birthdays will be able to display in a seperate page from the calendar.

Something like the nest 5 upcoming events dispalyed like they are on the minical for phpBB2, this is something we found really useful for keeping members up to date with what shows are on and would hate too loose it on the switch over to phpBB3.

Ta
I don't know anything about "nest 5 upcoming events" please provide a link to a site that uses this functionality to help me understand what you're talking about.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

alightner,

I think he's asking for a modification to be added to index.php to (admin configurable) to allow the next X upcoming events to be displayed on the index page.
alightner

Post by alightner »

Ah - yes - I like that feature too in my current phpbb2 calendar - but I'll try to get the ACP and permissions done first.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”