[ABD] phpBB Calendar

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
alightner

Re: [DEV] phpBB Calendar

Post by alightner »

I tried to work on it today, but had some technical difficulties on my server... I'm hoping to have something soon, but can't give any dates yet. I'll post another update soon - hopefully within a week from today.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.
alightner

Post by alightner »

I'm making progress...
I haven't updated the demo yet, but I've been working on managing event types in the ACP (allowing the admin to add, edit, delete, or reorder the event types). Also the event types are now color coded, and you can specify an image URL to be displayed as an icon for the event type.

Here are some updated screen shots...

Calendar view with color coded event types and icons:

ACP Manage Event Types:

ACP Edit Event Type:
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
sotis

Post by sotis »

Looks very nice, I can't wait to try on my board :D
PaoDoc

Post by PaoDoc »

Fantastic :o
Kingster

Post by Kingster »

I am trying to install this mod but I am having trouble finiding some of the codes that need to be replace. will this mod work with the welcome mod that has already been installed on my board. I was wondering if the files that need to be replace with this calender mod has already been replace with the welocome mod?

Thanks
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

Kingster I think you have this mod confused with another calendar mod. At present there is no downloads for this mod. There is an SVN repository setup however alightner has not had the chance to upload anything.
alightner

Post by alightner »

Kingster wrote:I am trying to install this mod but I am having trouble finiding some of the codes that need to be replace. will this mod work with the welcome mod that has already been installed on my board. I was wondering if the files that need to be replace with this calender mod has already been replace with the welocome mod?

Thanks
If you are in the process of installing a calendar mod - it's not this mod :? This one is not yet released for download/installation.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
urednik

Post by urednik »

Hello,
Im waithing for sollution for calendar mod.
Demo fit to me, and I can do upgrade later, when mod will be finished.

What is reason, that there is no Download link ?

Keep on working on good work...
alightner

Post by alightner »

urednik wrote:What is reason, that there is no Download link ?
As I keep adding functionality I've been making lots of additions to the database and code... rather than have people complain about all the changes with each little tweak, I want to get the basic functionality in place before people begin installation. I will release a first version as soon as I finish the ACP and permissions functionality. The first release won't include recurring events, but I want the initial release to be a fully functional/customizable calendar. Then the additional releases with enhanced functionality (such as recurring events, auto-pruning, etc.) will be available as they are written/tested and people can install the upgrades as needed.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
moozer

Post by moozer »

im checking this topic allmost everyday. happy to see you are close to putting a first version online :D
it looks really great ;)
Board at http://www.noobdude.com , Running phpbb3, Template(s) used: ProSilver, Language(s) used: English, Its hosted on a local server, Version of PHP used: 5.2.0, Database and version used: MySQL 5
alightner

Post by alightner »

By the way, are there any volunteers to translate this mod into other languages? I think someone contacted me about a french translation, but I can't remember who it was.

I've tried to keep translations in mind as I write the code, but it's a complex mod, and I may have missed a few places. I would like a few volunteers to help try and translate it, so I know if I need to make changes to the code to simplify the translation process for everyone.

Thanks!
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
PaoDoc

Post by PaoDoc »

I can help, with my co-admin, to translate your mod in Italian. ;) I'm an Ingeneer and I'm quite good in English :)
Let me know.
smear3

Post by smear3 »

I can't wait for this mod. I basically haven't updated my forums to version 3 because I need a calendar. :) Any idea when this will be released.
if all else fails....ask

smear3
alightner

Post by alightner »

I don't have a release date scheduled - it just depends on how much progress I can make when. I'm as anxious to have it done as everyone else is to use it ;)
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
PaoDoc

Post by PaoDoc »

But approximatly? How much do we have to wait for a first release? a few days? weeks? months? :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”