[ABD] Multiple File Upload 0.0.3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Spaldo

Re: [ALPHA] Multiple File Upload 0.0.3

Post by Spaldo »

This is a great idea and needs to be implemented into phpbb...

However, until it is, it would be great to see this mod developed.

Is it still being worked on?

I would like this for my forum, as it is very very painful adding one attachment at at time!
superj707

Post by superj707 »

pretty sure andy is going to have a look at this mod. He's one of the best in my opinion. He's super busy but when he gets around to this (if allowed) he will really make this the ultimate.
superj707

Post by superj707 »

wish somebody ... anybody would have a look at this. WE need some small things fixed here. please pleeeeeeeeeeeease.
timb111

Post by timb111 »

I got this mod to work, but when I'm uploading 6 attachments then I'm often receiving this error:
Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.
..and then when I press the Retry button then it sometimes gives this error:
CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.
How can this be fixed? Do I need to change some setting in my phpBB admin control panel?
superj707

Post by superj707 »

pretty sure this is an ABD mod. It's sad too because I really want this one to move forward. It just needs a few things. the comments along with attachments do not work and the picture upload order isn't right. someone could make this better just by fixing that.
Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi,

I'll take a look at this, even it's possibly ABD. Maybe I can come up with a few fixes.

Regards,
Bálint
superj707

Post by superj707 »

Balint wrote:Hi,

I'll take a look at this, even it's possibly ABD. Maybe I can come up with a few fixes.

Regards,
Bálint
so awesome of you. I assure you that although many are to lazy to thank you that your efforts will be massively appreciated. many many many thanks. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Holger

Post by Holger »

Any progress Bálint? :D

Also: support for subsilver2 is important!

/Holger
Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi,

I'll have some spare time in the next 4 days and I hope to get to this MOD too.

Regards,
Bálint
Holger

Post by Holger »

Cool! Thank you!

Just FYI:
The installation went smooth, but in subsilver2 the page reloads and the messagefield and title is empty again. Also, added file upload-fields are resetted.

Greetings from Hannover
Holger
superj707

Post by superj707 »

I installed 3.0.5 and it caused this mod to fail. any ideas ? any help ?
Balint

Post by Balint »

phpBB 3.0.5 changed some things so it's difficult to bring this MOD to life. There are also issues with the comment fields, especially when you add additional attachments. And the subsilver implementation is very buggy. I installed the MOD locally and tried to debug it, but there's still a lot to do there.
Holger

Post by Holger »

We will wait eagerly! :mrgreen:
Thank you for trying!
superj707

Post by superj707 »

Balint wrote:phpBB 3.0.5 changed some things so it's difficult to bring this MOD to life. There are also issues with the comment fields, especially when you add additional attachments. And the subsilver implementation is very buggy. I installed the MOD locally and tried to debug it, but there's still a lot to do there.

oh no this is not good because I am running it on a live forum that does picture uploads as part of the focus of the forum. YIKES !!!

The entire upload attachment feature is down right now. :(

I shall look forward to your earliest word on this. Thank you so very much.
gratefully,
Jason.
Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi,

first off, a small fix for the subsilver2-folks (this assumes you already installed 0.0.3)...

NOTE: please post the REPLACE WITH's in one line!

FIND in posting_attach_body.html

Code: Select all

<input class="btnlite" type="submit" style="width:150px" name="add_file2" value="{L_ADD_FILE}" onclick="popup_progress_bar();" /></td>
REPLACE WITH

<input class="btnlite" type="submit" style="width:150px" name="add_file" value="{L_ADD_FILE}" onclick="popup_progress_bar();" />
(yeah, it's just a small "2", that screwed the stuff up)

and in posting_buttons.html:

FIND

td.innerHTML = "<input type='file' name='fileupload" + id + "' size='40' maxlength='{FILESIZE}' value='' class='btnfile' />&nbsp;<input type='button' class='btnfile' name='files_" + id + "' value='-' style='width: 40px' onclick='remove_more_upload(" + id + ")' title='' />";
REPLACE WITH

td.innerHTML = "<input type='file' id='fileupload" + id + "' name='fileupload" + id + "' size='40' maxlength='{FILESIZE}' value='' class='btnfile' />&nbsp;<input type='button' class='btnfile' name='files_" + id + "' value='-' style='width: 40px' onclick='remove_more_upload(" + id + ")' title='' />";
and FIND

td.innerHTML = "<table border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='2'><tr><td><textarea class='post' name='filecomment" + id + "' rows='3' cols='35'></textarea></td></tr></table>";
REPLACE WITH

td.innerHTML = "<table border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='2'><tr><td><textarea class='post' id='fileupload" + id + "' name='filecomment" + id + "' rows='3' cols='35'></textarea></td></tr></table>";
This posts the attachments and closes the progress bar.

As for the prosilver people out there: there's no progressbar in prosilver. We could hack something like subsilver2 has, but this is a small concern and I'll deal with it later on.

@superj707: what exactly doesn't work anymore? Can you provide a test-account to your forum?

Regards,
Bálint

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”