[ABD] Google User Map

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
richey

Re: [RC] Google User Map

Post by richey »

Hi,

the map isn't displayed for me ... any idea why? (RC7, Google User Map 1.1.1.zip)

I'm using the MilkyWay template and copied your subsilver2 one to the Milkyway template dir.
Google Api key is okay (no error message popping up from Google).

thanks,
r.
mark05

Post by mark05 »

hi

is use user mod and it shows the map :D and , i mutch surpised , i see all pin from my user from the old
phpbb2 phoolge map .

now my problem , i use phpbb3 rc7 ,
where is the address field at the user profil ? i dident find them.

holger
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

Go to UCP->Profile->edit profile->Location
jklnl65

Post by jklnl65 »

richey wrote:Hi,

the map isn't displayed for me ... any idea why? (RC7, Google User Map 1.1.1.zip)

I'm using the MilkyWay template and copied your subsilver2 one to the Milkyway template dir.
Google Api key is okay (no error message popping up from Google).

thanks,
r.
Same problem overhere :roll:
Jas0nC

Post by Jas0nC »

I can't get the icon to show up... I'm using semi-green theme which is based off of prosilver

there is no bidi.css

buttons*
common
content
cp
large
forms
stylesheet*
links
normal
medium
print
tweaks

Buttons and Stylesheet are the two .css files that have any comments regarding the icons. It's not too big of a deal as the people I'm putting it up for don't care too much, but it'd be nice to have it work.
luckyp79

Post by luckyp79 »

How do you change the default zoom level and location area. My site is base around the St. Cloud, MN area and it comes up defaulted at like Michigan. I would love to have it zoomed in to the St. Cloud area.

Awesome mod. RC7 working great after moving the {ON_LOAD} to the other side of the "

Thanks
luckyp79

Post by luckyp79 »

When I go to Google maps and enter my location I take the latlng from the address and I enter them into this line and I also set my zoom here.

Code: Select all

map.setCenter(new GLatLng(45.621241, -94.163818), 10);
Nothing happens.

So I take those same cords and I enter them into this line as well.

var bounds = new GLatLngBounds();
Then it zeros me in on one point of the map as it is for boundaries but then ther eare no markers.
Any help.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

Jas0nC wrote:I can't get the icon to show up... I'm using semi-green theme which is based off of prosilver

there is no bidi.css

buttons*
common
content
cp
large
forms
stylesheet*
links
normal
medium
print
tweaks

Buttons and Stylesheet are the two .css files that have any comments regarding the icons. It's not too big of a deal as the people I'm putting it up for don't care too much, but it'd be nice to have it work.
Am I right, that most of your forum's icons don't show up after you installed SemiGreen? Then you should go to your ACP-->Styles-->Imagesets and refresh the SemiGreen imageset. After that it should be working.
richey

Post by richey »

SOLVED!!

I had put the {ON_LOAD} tag to the <html>.. section of overall_header instead of the <body> tag. :roll:

sorry for the confusion...
r.
richey

Post by richey »

@luckyp79:

I put the line

map.setCenter(new GLatLng(48.#######, 16.#######), 10);
as the last line in the load() function, and positioning worked just perfect.

Applause to the developer!

Edit: does anyone have an idea about how to change the pins? I know this is possible in Google Maps, but I'm not used to it enough to know how it can be achieved in the MOD code. Any hint would be appreciated.

r.
GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme »

richey wrote:@luckyp79:

I put the line

map.setCenter(new GLatLng(48.#######, 16.#######), 10);
as the last line in the load() function, and positioning worked just perfect.

Applause to the developer!

Edit: does anyone have an idea about how to change the pins? I know this is possible in Google Maps, but I'm not used to it enough to know how it can be achieved in the MOD code. Any hint would be appreciated.

r.

are you running RC7 richey? Nevermind, just caught it.
1,000,000 Thank Yous to everyone who's been helping me on phpbb.com!
glendady

Post by glendady »

I posted to your forum http://www.theworstwebsiteever.org, but it has been offline from shortly there after. The problem that I am having is after installing your MOD, it errors out with the following.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /user_map.php on line 69: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /user_map.php on line 69: file_get_contents(http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=Meadville+MS.&output=csv&key=ABQIAAAAjvq4ypz2XRv3lo3Y5jlbHxRKpaFuEdKSgSx8wMpuHM1wUHckohTpjJFx_uk0ceNBfWiEHrDuS50mdw) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No error
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /user_map.php on line 69: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /user_map.php on line 69: file_get_contents(http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=Colchester,+England+OR+Turbotville,+PA&output=csv&key=ABQIAAAAjvq4ypz2XRv3lo3Y5jlbHxRKpaFuEdKSgSx8wMpuHM1wUHckohTpjJFx_uk0ceNBfWiEHrDuS50mdw) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No error
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /user_map.php on line 69: file_get_contents(http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=north+carolina&output=csv&key=ABQIAAAAjvq4ypz2XRv3lo3Y5jlbHxRKpaFuEdKSgSx8wMpuHM1wUHckohTpjJFx_uk0ceNBfWiEHrDuS50mdw) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in D:\xampp\htdocs\sandbox\includes\functions.php on line 2869
A live link to my website is http://www.clanthac0.com/sandbox.

My Sandbox forums is an exact copy of my production forums, with a different MySQL database behind it. The forum is RC7, and the only other MOD installed it the Welcome PM at First Login.

Thank you for your MOD,
Glen
richey

Post by richey »

yes, rc7.
nystagmu

Post by nystagmu »

I think it would be nice to have pins with more than one user on them larger, so the more users from that location, the larger the pin. For me this would be a good feature. It would certainly be useful for me :D .
champsabin

Post by champsabin »

Hi, the download isnt working for some reason :cry: .

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”