[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by Gremlinn »

Mircea007: I don't know about Ultimate points. But, it only requires a user_points field for a medal to add or subtract from.

Gen.Centralnui: Oh! It is MySQL 5.X. I have used phpMyAdmin when I don't have my preferred tool (sqlyog). Can you look at the properties of the medals_awarded table? i.e. describe the table. Here is what I see:

Code: Select all

/*Column Information For - phpbb303.phpbb_medals_awarded*/
----------------------------------------------------------

Field             Type          Collation  Null    Key     Default  Extra           Privileges                       Comment
----------------  ------------  ---------  ------  ------  -------  --------------  -------------------------------  -------
id                int(10)       (NULL)     NO      PRI     (NULL)   auto_increment  select,insert,update,references         
medal_id          bigint(20)    (NULL)     NO              0                        select,insert,update,references         
user_id           bigint(20)    (NULL)     NO              0                        select,insert,update,references         
awarder_id        bigint(20)    (NULL)     NO              0                        select,insert,update,references         
awarder_un        varchar(255)  utf8_bin   NO                                       select,insert,update,references         
awarder_color     varchar(6)    utf8_bin   NO                                       select,insert,update,references         
time              int(11)       (NULL)     NO      MUL     0                        select,insert,update,references         
nominated         tinyint(1)    (NULL)     NO              0                        select,insert,update,references         
nominated_reason  text          utf8_bin   NO              (NULL)                   select,insert,update,references         
points            smallint(4)   (NULL)     NO              0                        select,insert,update,references         
bbuid             varchar(255)  utf8_bin   NO              (NULL)                   select,insert,update,references         
bitfield          varchar(255)  utf8_bin   NO              (NULL)                   select,insert,update,references         
Note the id field does default to NULL. But that should be ok because of the auto_increment. You could alter that field to default to 0 and try it. But, I don't know if that would break the auto_increment.
Gen.Centralnui

Post by Gen.Centralnui »

Thank you very much!Now I know the reason of this problem. It not was tinyint(10) with: auto_increment atributes. So I fix this. Thanks.

Now I have another problem, is when I award someone and wrote reason nominated I got this error when I press on Ok for aware:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xBD\xD0\xB0\xD0\xB3\xD1...' for column 'message_subject' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_privmsgs (root_level, author_id, icon_id, author_ip, message_time, enable_bbcode, enable_smilies, enable_magic_url, enable_sig, message_subject, message_text, message_attachment, bbcode_bitfield, bbcode_uid, to_address, bcc_address) VALUES (0, '2', 0, '', 1245940664, 1, 1, 0, 0, '�аградил вас медалью!', '[img:3soz5m3h]http://www.moh-rus.com/phorum/./images/medals/1masterstvo_snipera_1_stepeni.png[/img:3soz5m3h]\n[b:3soz5m3h]Вы были награждены медалью \"Мастер винтовки 1 степени\" от �ричина:[/b:3soz5m3h]\n\ntesttesttest', 0, 'SA==', '3soz5m3h', 'u_3554', '')

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_privmsgs.php
LINE: 1413
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: medals.php
LINE: 1107
CALL: submit_pm()

FILE: medals.php
LINE: 570
CALL: award_medal()
But medal is aware okay and message with reason is too showing up. Is exists way for fix this?
FacTor-X

Post by FacTor-X »

I edited all of the files and what not, but I can't seem to find the mod anywhere. Is there something certain I need to do to install it? Should it be located somewhere in my acp? It keeps saying mod is not activated.
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

I installed this mod on 3.0.4 and everything seems to be running flawlessly. I have only one issue: medal nomination. I see no way to nominate a user for a medal. When I go to a user's profile all I see is a link in the bottom left that says "Medals Control Panel" in prosilver (Btw, this link is not available in subsilver2...why is this?). I can see a nominate feature in that control panel but I assume this control panel is only available to me since I am the admin. I have set (in ACP) certain medals so user's are able to nominate. I searched this thread before posting. Did I miss something?
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Gen.Centralnui: I would have to think it has something to do with аградил вас медалью! :? Somehow it is not translating your language properly for insert into the database. Can you type that subject into a reply here so that I can test it myself?
- strange you had tinyint. Glad we got that straightened out.

FacTor-X: Did you do the DIY instructions at the bottom of the medals install instructions? You need to add the ACP modules. Then visit the medal configuration panel.

Mr.Victor: One point to note, you can not nominate yourself. That Medals Control Panel is where the medal moderators would work with awarding/removing/approving medals and nominated medals. You should have a link for Nominate in the view profile. Did you do the edits for subsilver2? Double check your template edits (standard answer). The link for Medals Control Panel should be near the user's avatar (near where the admin sees Administrate User).
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

Ty Gremlinn! I reviewed the edits for the styles and I was missing some edits. It was strange since AutoMOD installed everything without a hitch, but when I looked at the memberlist_view.html, it had some of the edits there and some were not there. I added what was missing and everything is working beautifully!
Mircea007

Post by Mircea007 »

how far is for this being in the database ... is there a lot of bugs left to fix ?
Flash Games like you never seen before
FacTor-X

Post by FacTor-X »

Gremlinn wrote:
FacTor-X: Did you do the DIY instructions at the bottom of the medals install instructions? You need to add the ACP modules. Then visit the medal configuration panel.

Yep, you are right, I didn't notice those instructions. Thank you. I'll let you know if I experience any problems ;) .
Gen.Centralnui

Post by Gen.Centralnui »

I know what the problem it was. Look I have both time: �. So that mean I lost 's' of both time. For example, this is going wrong:

'PM_MSG_SUBJECT'				=> '% has awarded you a medal!',
this is going right:
'PM_MSG_SUBJECT' => '%s has awarded you a medal!',
For the second time this error same. Just forgot the 's' :)
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Gen.Centralnui: Was that in my original language files? If so, you found a problem for me to fix. :roll: Glad you were able to find the problem for you.

Mircea007: I don't think I have any real bugs to fix. I have some code to work on to make installations play a little nicer for some people. This mod seems to be running well for everyone that has it installed. Time permitting, I will be trying to straighten out some code and look to run it through the MOD submission.

The hard part about looking at the code to make some of it more efficient is that it works and re-writing it gets boring after a bit :mrgreen: But, I have a few things I know I want to work on.
Gen.Centralnui

Post by Gen.Centralnui »

No it was by myself.
adzyboy

Post by adzyboy »

Must say I'm liking this.
Making new medals tho, ribbons don't do it for me. I'm also rewriting the style pages too, while all of prosilver is done using proper xhtml and divs and stuff, this is done using non-strict html and uses tables where it's not exactly needed.
Mircea007

Post by Mircea007 »

can you create your own medals?
Flash Games like you never seen before
Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 »

Mircea007 wrote:can you create your own medals?
yes
RPG MOD for phpbb3
FacTor-X

Post by FacTor-X »

Hey there, sorry to bother you again, but after I installed the mod and saw the medals tab. I just got around tot trying to add in medals. However, I don't exactly see where this is done. Are medals suppose to be added in the ACP? All I see is this:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z265 ... medals.jpg

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”