[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by Gremlinn »

The requirement is to be in the common language file and somewhere before the closing } at the end of the file.

Sounds like you moved it around just right. Glad it's working.
saberj

Post by saberj »

Just installed 095, and I'm still have the issue with the name not appearing in the body of the pm, and it breaking the line immediately after the blank name space. The from name, and the subject line are both correctly giving the name of the person sending the award. Only the body is displaying it incorrectly.

Let me know if you need any additional information.
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Can you get me a screen shot? I would like to see what it looks like so I can try to pull it apart to see if I know what is going on. Although, I must say, you're the only one reporting an issue like this.

Also, do you have any other mods installed related to PMs?
saberj

Post by saberj »

I have no other mods installed at all. It is a bit bizarre.
Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape »

I can confirm that my PMs are also appearing in the same way, identical to the above screenshot.
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Ok, confirmation. I'll have to see if I left out some logic between all my edits. :?
saberj

Post by saberj »

Another question while you are looking at that. Is there a way to fix the width of the user details column in a style? My medals end up going about 150px wide. But they refuse to push the column width, so they wrap instead. Whereas if I have an Avatar (Max 160px width), it pushes the width out wide enough to where it looks fine.

I was wondering if anyone know where I can find the setting to force it to always be that width.
TexasBartender

Post by TexasBartender »

Is there a way a member can choose there medal that is displayed on there post
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

No.
TexasBartender

Post by TexasBartender »

Gremlinn wrote:No.
Well i would suggest you add these feature because the mod is whether pointless if members can choose there favorite badge on the view topic display because ev1 would be showing the same page also is there a way to make the medals.php page not so long i have over 100 medals maybe they can choose a category or something
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

TexasBartender: You can set up the post display to show more than one medal. Check the configuration panel in the ACP. If you would like to see a feature added, then please feel free to post a feature request at my Test site where I can keep track of them.

If I see value added to a feature request for my purpose, then I will code it. If I think it wouldn't bennefit me and it's not a simple thing, then I will not code it. But, if someone else codes it as an add-on, then I would be happy to include contributions. See, I only took over this mod because I wanted this mod on my site.
Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

Gremlinn wrote: See, I only took over this mod because I wanted this mod on my site.
... and I'm very glad that you did so!

many thanks for sharing it with us!
TexasBartender

Post by TexasBartender »

Gremlinn wrote:TexasBartender: You can set up the post display to show more than one medal. Check the configuration panel in the ACP. If you would like to see a feature added, then please feel free to post a feature request at my Test site where I can keep track of them.

If I see value added to a feature request for my purpose, then I will code it. If I think it wouldn't bennefit me and it's not a simple thing, then I will not code it. But, if someone else codes it as an add-on, then I would be happy to include contributions. See, I only took over this mod because I wanted this mod on my site.
OK man i will take a look at your test site thanks btw i wasn't trying to give you a hard time my bad :ugeek:
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

The second paragraph was less pointed at you. More of a general statement. There isn't an easy way to tell people that I don't want to spend the time to add a feature that I don't want. But, I certainly do want to hear about the ideas. Sometimes it leads me to something better. If I like the idea, I will make the change. Of course if anyone else wants to do it, less work for me!

Also, my Anti-bot Registration mod has been official released to the mod database. That's one thing down. I am getting closer to getting the bugs done with this. I have the latest batch of bugs cleared, I have a little code cleanup to do (learned from releasing the Anti-bot Registration mod). I'm going to clean up that and then setup the next release. This mod is so much bigger that most of the mods I have added to my test site that I am not sure if I will push it fully through the release cycle with the ModDB. I think I might push it through once just to see what becomes of it. Then it will be an RC and not a Beta ;) Symantics at that point.

Then, I have a lot of work to do with my Squad site to get it ready for migration to phpbb3.
Agnostik

Post by Agnostik »

Argh, my install failed on the Configuration page (Medal Management install) - I believe - due to the incompatibility of the install script with MSSQL. MSSQL can't interpret "(8)" -like values for Tinyint, Varchar, etc; plus, it doesn't recognize the Auto-Increment command (I think MSSQL uses "Indentity (1,1)").

Not sure how to proceed except perhaps to add the SQL table commands manually.
Last edited by Agnostik on Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”