[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
drewtscott

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by drewtscott » Thu May 15, 2008 1:51 am

Gremlinn wrote:You may need to refresh your cache before you hit the config page
Yep, that did it :)
Information

UPDATE phpbb_modules SET module_auth = 'acl_a_manage_medals' WHERE module_id = 197

Query processed succesfully.

CREATE TABLE phpbb_medals ( `id` tinyint(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(30) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', `image` varchar(100) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', `dynamic` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `device` varchar(32) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', `number` tinyint(2) NOT NULL default '1', `parent` tinyint(5) NOT NULL default '0', `nominated` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `order_id` tinyint(5) NOT NULL default '0', `description` varchar(256) NULL COLLATE utf8_bin, `points` smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `order_id` (`order_id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

There was an error while processing this query.

CREATE TABLE phpbb_medals_awarded ( `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, `medal_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0', `user_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0', `awarder_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0', `awarder_un` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', `awarder_color` varchar(6) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', `time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `nominated` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `nominated_reason` text collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `points` smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `bbuid` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `bitfield` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `time` (`time`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

There was an error while processing this query

CREATE TABLE phpbb_medals_cats ( `id` tinyint(5) NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(30) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', `order_id` tinyint(5) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `order_id` (`order_id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

There was an error while processing this query.

INSERT INTO phpbb_styles_imageset_data (image_name, image_filename, image_height, image_width, imageset_id) VALUES ('icon_post_approve', 'icon_post_approve.gif', '20', '20', '1')

Query processed succesfully.

Medals MOD version 0.9.6 installed

« Back to previous page
Are the failed queries just because those tables already exist?

Unfortunately I'm still having the problem where every time I try to award a medal is says "Medal could not be awarded to the following user(s):
USERNAME_HERE"

I'm going to try to uninstall all file changes and redo it ... I've re-uploaded the included files numerous times, so I don't really know where the issue is :]

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Thu May 15, 2008 2:45 am

Yes, those errors are because the tables still exist.

You shouldn't have to uninstall the mod. The issue can only exist in the medals.php file. I am looking into the issue. I have to make accommodations for UTF-8 as well. It may be possible that this is where your issue is.

danielnguyen

Post by danielnguyen » Thu May 15, 2008 5:56 am

I cannot give medal for the nickname that typed with UTF-8. Can you help me?
Regards!
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net

atfreeforum

Post by atfreeforum » Thu May 15, 2008 8:55 am

Does anybody know where we can get more medal images?
free forum hosting - phpBB 2.0.22 (31 mods) - phpBB 3.0 (13 mods)

danielnguyen

Post by danielnguyen » Thu May 15, 2008 10:09 am

atfreeforum wrote:Does anybody know where we can get more medal images?
I think that you can use CorelDRAW or Photoshop to draw more medal images as your likes!
You can see my designed medal at http://www.congdongteenonline.net/medals.php
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn » Thu May 15, 2008 11:29 am

danielnguyen: Correct, you can not give medals to UTF-8 names. I am looking into a fix for that. However, you should be able to use the non-UTF-8 equivalent. If you look in your phpbb_users table, there is a column for username and one for clean_username (I think the column is). Try the clean version and see if that works.

atfreeforum: The sample medals I provided are not high quality but just a sample for people to understand how to make their own. One contributer was kind enough to provide a set of military images available on my test site (link in my signature). If you are interested in other types, do a google (or other favorite search engine) search for images that your interested in.

atfreeforum

Post by atfreeforum » Fri May 16, 2008 5:38 am

danielnguyen,

They are very nice. Do you offer custom design service?
free forum hosting - phpBB 2.0.22 (31 mods) - phpBB 3.0 (13 mods)

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn » Fri May 16, 2008 11:28 am

I would if I had time. Too many things to get done. Home improvement projects and a few sites to finish preparing for upgrade.

naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam » Fri May 16, 2008 2:05 pm

can we have sub categories under a parent category?
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn » Fri May 16, 2008 2:57 pm

Simple answer: No, too much coding

naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam » Fri May 16, 2008 4:02 pm

Gremlinn wrote:Simple answer: No, too much coding
no problems :D
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )

iBotPeaches

Post by iBotPeaches » Tue May 20, 2008 12:09 pm

When I view a nomination as an admin there is only a delete button. I'm using prosilver. I updated the style.cgf and manually through ACP and it even showed the image, except it doesn't load at all.

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn » Tue May 20, 2008 1:55 pm

Did you clear the cache? Did you refresh the style's theme? Every once in a while when I install on prosilver, I have these kinds of problems with this style. It has to do with the way the style gets stored and used from the database and the caching system. Also, try closing the browser after clearing the cache.

Are you using English or other language? I am working on a fix related to the image and the language.

Panic.fo

Post by Panic.fo » Fri May 23, 2008 3:21 pm

First of all.. I love the concept of this mod and will be implementing it on a clan website in the near future :D

For those of you who are looking for medals.. I suggest you take a look at http://www.medals.org.uk which has a huuge selection of medals from most countries around the world. The picture quality is top knotch on a great many of the medals displayed there too.

What I'm doing atm is singling out the ones I like and then doing a bit of Photoshop magic to cut them down to size and adjust the contrast etc. so that they look a little "cartoony".

Hope this post helps and keep up the good work!

Regards
Panic

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi gremlinn, I am working on my Last.fm statisticks mod and I need to add to admin panel select like in your mod. I want to add some images to images/lastfm_themes/ and i want select bar with names of this images. It's like your select bar with medals. I need to show image by click on option in select. Can you cut all codes i need and post here? is it possible? i really need it, thx for reply :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”