[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
zaien

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by zaien » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:54 pm

Gremmlin i posted again on your site pls help me with that :d . thanx

rapid2008

Post by rapid2008 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:38 am

hi am having problem with this bit

i have installed this mod on subsilver 2 Xtream Base Style the problem is i dont know what i have to do with

[Repeat for "Medals Management"]
Enable each module
Go to another page within the ACP (like clicking on the "GENERAL" tab or "Admin index")
Then you should be able to go to the .MODS tab and visit the "MEDALS CONTROL PANEL -> Configuration link"
This will install or update the mod (If the light is green, the trap is clean)

please help me thanks in advance

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:40 am

You need to use the ACP facilities to add the Medals modules to the ACP. Then, you will need to browse to the newly added Medals Configuration Module (as the management module will not show at first). Once you go to that module, it will apply the SQL additions (tables, configuration and initial permissions) (pay close attention to the SQL code output for success or errors).

Added the modules is done in the System->Module Management->Administration Control Panel. If you don't have a .MOD category, I suggest you create one first, enable it and go inside, then add the modules (if you want, create a Medals category within the .MOD category. Add the modules from the drop down list.

patheticcockroach

Post by patheticcockroach » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:55 pm

Re,

Is anyone here experiencing trouble with this mod and the captcha? For some reason, it seems that when I install this mod, my captcha stops working... I did it 3 times (install this mod, noticed a few days later that captcha was broken, reinstalled phpBB from scratch and captcha was working again), and I'm pretty sure there is a relationship between installation of this mod and my captcha breaking, see for yourself:
- first time I had quick reply mod, a few theme edits by me and medals mod 0.9.8 (installed in that order, I added the medals mod just after migrating the forum from a server to another)
- second time I had exactly the same (I thought that the broken captcha came from a server migration I did and/or from a problem while upgrading from phpBB 3.0.1 to 3.0.2)
- third time I had only my few theme edits and medals mod 0.9.9 - the captcha was still working immediately after installation, but broke soon later.
- now I only have my edits and the captcha keeps working... (I reinstalled 3 days ago)
But I checked Gremlinn's forums, and I saw that he has the medal mod running fine along with the captcha... So my guess is that I am doing something wrong when installing the mod, although I'm quite sure I followed installation instructions to the letter... Any idea? Did anyone else have the same problem (and managed to solve it)?
-

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Wow. That is the first I have heard of this sort of issue. This mod does not relate to the captcha function. I am curious as to what is happening.

Just the basic questions...
Be sure that the edits were done correctly (ADD BEFORE or AFTER as required, etc..)
It there any error message or is it just telling you that you entered the code incorrectly?

patheticcockroach

Post by patheticcockroach » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:46 pm

Gremlinn wrote:Wow. That is the first I have heard of this sort of issue. This mod does not relate to the captcha function.
Yeah, I noticed that there is no edit to ucp.php, nor in any files within includes/captcha/, that's why it took me a while to decide whether or not it would be relevant to post there, but the only clue I have about my captcha problems leads me here (because of the consecutive installations I mentioned in my previous post)...
Gremlinn wrote:Just the basic questions...
Be sure that the edits were done correctly (ADD BEFORE or AFTER as required, etc..)
I've been very careful when reinstalling the mod, I really don't think I may have missed the same point 3 times...
Gremlinn wrote:Is there any error message or is it just telling you that you entered the code incorrectly?
Worse than that: the captcha picture isn't displayed. I tried loading the captcha picture (viewing the source to get the session token and stuff like ucp.php?mode=confirm&id=7a65d870bc4089485ee34de5a6de3968&type=1) and Firefox eventually says something like "the picture cannot be displayed because it contains errors" (Opera just displays a blank/empty square - a bit like the old style missing picture in MSIE 6-). Configuring php to display errors doesn't outputs anything more... so basically, I get no helpful error message. I just see that the captcha picture doesn't show up :/
-

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:17 pm

have you set the debug in the config.php file? See if you get errors through that.

patheticcockroach

Post by patheticcockroach » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Gremlinn wrote:have you set the debug in the config.php file? See if you get errors through that.
Ooh... I didn't know about this debug mod... I'll try it next time I install the medals.
-

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:46 pm

Do you have a development server for doing the installs and updates? Then when you are happy it's working, you only have to upload the changed files and do the steps for database updates (varies between mods).

danswano

Post by danswano » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:21 pm

Buddy i have a suggestion, i don't if it's posted before:

Please make 2 version of each medal picture
1. for view profile (small)
2. one for medals page (big)

putting a big image and resizing it with acp will make huge load on the topics, you know there is images, avatars, signature and contents.

patheticcockroach

Post by patheticcockroach » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Gremlinn wrote:Do you have a development server for doing the installs and updates?
Hm, no I make a backup, make the changes locally and then upload the new files while in maintenance mode. Anyway, I'll take extra care next time I try to install the medals, which isn't scheduled for soon (busy with uni stuff ATM ;)).
danswano wrote:Buddy i have a suggestion, i don't if it's posted before:
Please make 2 version of each medal picture
1. for view profile (small)
2. one for medals page (big)
putting a big image and resizing it with acp will make huge load on the topics, you know there is images, avatars, signature and contents.
If this suggestion was for me, I don't see how it could fix my problem, since the captcha is being displayed on pages where no medals are shown (ie registration page and topic reply page)
-

moselekm

Post by moselekm » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:38 pm

Okay, I installed everything, no problem.

But how the heck do you use this thing?

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:48 am

moselekm: I have posted many times about how to use this. Please try to read more posts.

Setup medals in the ACP.
Award them to people by looking at their profile (you'll see a link near their name if you have permissions) or via the medals page.

danswano: Might I suggest not using images that are too big? And, it's possible for me to do that. It is not on my list of things to do however. If you would like me to look into doing this, then I would suggest creating a feature request on my test site so that it's on the list of things that people want.

However, as I have said before. I am creating this mod for me. If I have use for what gets suggested or if a suggestion is simple to program, then I will get it in. If it is a feature I do not want for myself, then I will leave the option up to anyone who would like to write up and I would be happy to include it in the contrib folder.

yeti_c

Post by yeti_c » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Suggestion for the Medal System (as suggested at ConquerClub.com)
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... &p=1581835
yeti_c wrote:Concise description: In the Medals section on the right (left) hand side underneath posters name - could the medals be linked to the "Award" details section of your profile? i.e. you click the medal - and you get taken to the players profile at the Award details section - with it expanded.

Specifics:
  • Add Link to all medals to Award Details section of Profile.
This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Allow easy checking of what the user got that medal for (this works best for the "contribution" medals).
  • Easy to do.
C.

moselekm

Post by moselekm » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:01 am

nvm

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”