[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
User avatar
madmartyau
Registered User
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:42 pm
Location: Brisbane,Australia
Name: Marty
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by madmartyau »

RoCkFoRdGuN wrote:Hi Gremlin tried that already aswell
believe me i tried most of the things
i deleted the whole module and then recreated aswell
i double checked all the files just to see if i werent missing something
Make sure you have permissions to award medals. That module relies on that permission.

The other thing you could do is open includes\acp\info\acp_medals.php
FIND

Code: Select all

'acl_a_manage_medals'
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

'acl_a_board'
Call me Grumpy.
User avatar
Gremlinn
Registered User
Posts: 2133
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Nathan

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by Gremlinn »

When things blow over here, I will be trying to straighten out some of the methodologies used here. I took what was done before me and went with it. I didn't re-invent a lot of what was done. I think I want to redo some of it to make it nicer. Permission settings need a little thinking to see if I can make it a bit more simplified and perhaps flexible.

I am not sure the issue RoCk is facing is permission based... but, it's worth a shot to try, since I don't know at this point.
User avatar
madmartyau
Registered User
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:42 pm
Location: Brisbane,Australia
Name: Marty
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by madmartyau »

I had the same issue and it worked for me. We'll see how he goes.
Call me Grumpy.
evina
Registered User
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:06 am

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by evina »

I had this thing installed for a long time and it just suddenly started working today. For some reason, the users are able to give themselves medals through the medals control panel although they're not administrators. Why is this happening?
RoCkFoRdGuN
Registered User
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:28 am

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by RoCkFoRdGuN »

Ok i tried
madmartyau wrote:
RoCkFoRdGuN wrote:Hi Gremlin tried that already aswell
believe me i tried most of the things
i deleted the whole module and then recreated aswell
i double checked all the files just to see if i werent missing something
Make sure you have permissions to award medals. That module relies on that permission.

The other thing you could do is open includes\acp\info\acp_medals.php
FIND

Code: Select all

'acl_a_manage_medals'
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

'acl_a_board'
Ok i tried this still the same issue
i dunno if this is right but do i add the same config as the medals Control Panel?
cause its as if when i click on medals management it forwards back to medals control panel instead of the management

LOL Gremlin its ok man look as if your days at work is the same as mine LOL
User avatar
madmartyau
Registered User
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:42 pm
Location: Brisbane,Australia
Name: Marty
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by madmartyau »

RoCkFoRdGuN wrote:Ok i tried
madmartyau wrote:
RoCkFoRdGuN wrote:Hi Gremlin tried that already aswell
believe me i tried most of the things
i deleted the whole module and then recreated aswell
i double checked all the files just to see if i werent missing something
Make sure you have permissions to award medals. That module relies on that permission.

The other thing you could do is open includes\acp\info\acp_medals.php
FIND

Code: Select all

'acl_a_manage_medals'
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

'acl_a_board'
Ok i tried this still the same issue
i dunno if this is right but do i add the same config as the medals Control Panel?
cause its as if when i click on medals management it forwards back to medals control panel instead of the management

LOL Gremlin its ok man look as if your days at work is the same as mine LOL
I'm wondering if you have installed the modules properly. Can you show me a screen shot of your .mods tab?
Call me Grumpy.
RoCkFoRdGuN
Registered User
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:28 am

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by RoCkFoRdGuN »

Right here we go this is what i got
Image
User avatar
madmartyau
Registered User
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:42 pm
Location: Brisbane,Australia
Name: Marty
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by madmartyau »

You've installed medals management as a separate category. It is supposed to be inside the category "Medals Control Panel"

So....

You create the category "Medals Control Panel" as you have done.
Then you click on "Medals Control Panel" and once inside you add the Modules, "Configuration" and " Medals Management"

It should look like this.

Image

Ignore the fact that it says Games instead of Medals. The layout is the same.
Call me Grumpy.
RoCkFoRdGuN
Registered User
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:28 am

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by RoCkFoRdGuN »

Dude u a legend LOL its working now

All of u thx a mil
Largo84
Registered User
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by Largo84 »

I love this system!
It works really well for a LOTRO Guild which relies on it's members content contribution.

That said, would it be possible for the mod to create a post in a certain forum with the details of a nomination each time someone is nominated?

I'd like to be able to Discuss nominations with other Guild Officers before approving them, and this would save a lot of time.

Something like,
Title: MrX has been nominated for XMedal by XNominator
Body:
MrX has been nominated by XNominator for the XMedal
(Image of Medal)

Details: This user is very good at X'ing so deserves this medal!
(Link to Nominations Control Panel)
Something along those lines.

:D
User avatar
Gremlinn
Registered User
Posts: 2133
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Nathan

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by Gremlinn »

Evina: Double check your permission settings for who is allowed to award medals. It should not be possible for anyone to award themselves a medal unless they are given permission and then only through the medals.php page.

Largo84: I do want to do a little more with the nomination notifications. But, making them into a post, I think is more than I want to do. With that said, the function I am using to create the nomination description is the same "guts" of the create post function.

RoCk: Glad its working.
madmartyau: Thanks for helping him figure it out.
Largo84
Registered User
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by Largo84 »

Gremlinn wrote:Largo84: I do want to do a little more with the nomination notifications. But, making them into a post, I think is more than I want to do. With that said, the function I am using to create the nomination description is the same "guts" of the create post function.
That's a shame. It's a little too advanced for me to do myself. I get the general jist of what has to be done, but I'm just starting with PHP and SQL and I've not done any SQL INSERTing yet, only SELECT. :lol:
necer_cheniki
Registered User
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:45 am

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by necer_cheniki »

Hello,
I am confused , what is the difference between Nomination and medal ?
User avatar
Gremlinn
Registered User
Posts: 2133
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Nathan

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by Gremlinn »

necer_cheniki: A nomination is when someone says "I this person deserves this medal", then a medal moderator needs to approve the nomination before it is awarded.
ThomasMcKean
Registered User
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:58 pm

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by ThomasMcKean »

Excellent mod.

Or so I am assuming...? I am guessing I must have dome something wrong somewhere...

I am unable to approve medals. I can delete and edit nominations, but under where it says APPROVE there is no icon and no way to click. Just NOTHING. It goes from DELETE to EDIT with a space in the middle.

How the heck do I fix this? :)

Thomas
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”