[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
accdeac20100525

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by accdeac20100525 »

Gremlinn wrote:You also need to delete medals_mod_version from the config table.
I already did so ;)
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

Then, the configuration page should try to install the SQL code. Take note of the output. If you see any red, then make note of it. Since you had this installed once, their may be some left overs, but that shouldn't be a problem. You may see "Duplicate" messages, they should be fine. If you have questions on any errors, just post them here and someone can help answer.
accdeac20100525

Post by accdeac20100525 »

The problem is: The configuraion-module does actual not do any changes to the database.
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Then, after removing the medals_mod_version row from the phpbb_config table, did you clear your cache? Then revisit the configuration acp module? Even if you have things installed, remove that row and clear the cache and it will try.
SpEeDyZ

Post by SpEeDyZ »

I might be out of access of internet so I need to give access to my global mods to the medals system so that they can award medals ...
So please how can I do that .

I want to allow my Global Mods to award medals

thanks,
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

SpEeDyZ wrote:I might be out of access of internet so I need to give access to my global mods to the medals system so that they can award medals ...

thanks,
use the permission system
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
SpEeDyZ

Post by SpEeDyZ »

darkonia wrote:
SpEeDyZ wrote:I might be out of access of internet so I need to give access to my global mods to the medals system so that they can award medals ...

thanks,
use the permission system
Can you please specifically tell me how to please ? ASAP!
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

This mod used the standard phpbb3 permission system. Go to the permissions tab in the ACP and assign permissions as you would any other part of phpbb3.
SpEeDyZ

Post by SpEeDyZ »

Gremlinn wrote:This mod used the standard phpbb3 permission system. Go to the permissions tab in the ACP and assign permissions as you would any other part of phpbb3.
ah I am a noob please tell me exactly what I need to do .... I mean I can make mods and global mods from that tab but please Dont know how to allow Global mods access to the medals panel

Thanks,
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Go to the Permissions tab and click on Groups' Permissions -> select Global Moderators. On the Misc tab, see the "Can award medals to users"
Anubis_The_Jackal

Post by Anubis_The_Jackal »

Hey Gremlinn, how much is there left to do before this goes gold and gets submitted for the database? It looks really good right now, and works great on my sites that use it. :)

I know there is a points and cash mod functionality planned - but could that not be done as an addon after the mod is databased and golden? Kind of like a treat after the main course.
PHPBB since 03
Jackuul Empire-MSRP V
Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator »

SpEeDyZ wrote:I am a noob please tell me exactly what I need to do
Stop running a website?
Sorry for my bad Engrish !
gleason|design

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Anubis: Now that they released a new MODX standard, I will have to convert to that before I can release it. Unfortunately, I have had little time to work on the code as of late. But, I will see about getting it to RC status and continue with the add-ons soon.
Anubis_The_Jackal

Post by Anubis_The_Jackal »

Okay. It is a great mod, good luck with the new Modx.

I was just thinking that if you stripped out the hook into the cashmod, pointmod, or whatever else, and then just had those as supplemental additions, you could release the mod as 1.0 sooner. Had no idea that you had to convert it to a new standard.

Good luck :)
PHPBB since 03
Jackuul Empire-MSRP V
drewtscott

Post by drewtscott »

This isn't a bug request, but a feature request :)

I would love to see URLs be parsed in medal nominations/award reasons. We use one of our medals for users with excellent topics, so when someone nominates a user for a specific topic (or even views that medal in the profile) it seems odd that the link is not parsed. Smilies are already parsed, so it seems logical to extend that for URLs as well :)

Edit: It looks like links work correctly when using the [ url ] bbcode, but is it possible to use automatic URLs for when someone just copies the URL into the nomination?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”