[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by Gremlinn »

Check your config table. You should have config_name "points_enable" with config_value "1".

mahdi22

Post by mahdi22 »

Gremlinn wrote:Check your config table. You should have config_name "points_enable" with config_value "1".
it 1 on the table its stall not working

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Double check your users table and make sure you have a user_points column. Then, just to make sure, the medal(s) have a point value?

mahdi22

Post by mahdi22 »

Gremlinn wrote:Double check your users table and make sure you have a user_points column. Then, just to make sure, the medal(s) have a point value?
ok i have in user table user_points
and the medals have point v

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

You said "point v" Did you assign a Roman numeral for the points? It must be a numeric integer (positive or negative).

It sounds like you have everything required for points to be awarded. Check the files that came with this mod to make sure they are unchanged. You can copy the php files from the mod and overwrite the ones in your forum. Not your edits, just the php files.

ANgelArvil

Post by ANgelArvil »

Bro, do you mean that this feature is already a stable release since your future progress will CASH mod integrated which I don't need anymore, only the MEDAL system is all I need, can I already release this to my live forum? :roll: Maybe not good, but you will support this MOD isn't it?

Thanks in advance and more power.

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

It's pretty much there. I have it on my Squad site. I only have a couple things here and there to figure out. But, nothing that should be worried about. I would say "use it".

I have two bugs on the plate (again, very minor)
I have to convert the XML files to the new standard
I will provide the DB changes for new installs in a separate file for those that want to see them.
I will provide cash mod changes in a separate contrib XML file

Then, I might add more features later.

The first two are needed before this could be released.

mahdi22

Post by mahdi22 »

ok i tryed in my old forum 3.0.0 ok its ok i can give point when i copy the files to my new forum the problem stall mybe its not complected with my version

ANgelArvil

Post by ANgelArvil »

Gremlinn wrote:It's pretty much there. I have it on my Squad site. I only have a couple things here and there to figure out. But, nothing that should be worried about. I would say "use it".

I have two bugs on the plate (again, very minor)
I have to convert the XML files to the new standard
I will provide the DB changes for new installs in a separate file for those that want to see them.
I will provide cash mod changes in a separate contrib XML file

Then, I might add more features later.

The first two are needed before this could be released.

weeeeeeeeee.. Thx bro! Gotta install it now! haha it is very useful, for my members not to move out hehe

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

mahdi22: There is absolutely no compatibility issue. The function to add/delete points from a user is completely contained within this mod. The only requirements for points to work is to set the medals up with points, have user_points in the users table and points_enable=1 in the config table.

Look in the users table and see the point value for a user. Then give them an award setup with points. Check if the database points changed.

Other than that, I can not tell you why it's not working on your site. Is there anyone else with this problem? Or someone else verify that this feature is working for them?

MagicMike304

Post by MagicMike304 »

Gremlinn wrote:mahdi22: There is absolutely no compatibility issue. The function to add/delete points from a user is completely contained within this mod. The only requirements for points to work is to set the medals up with points, have user_points in the users table and points_enable=1 in the config table.

Look in the users table and see the point value for a user. Then give them an award setup with points. Check if the database points changed.

Other than that, I can not tell you why it's not working on your site. Is there anyone else with this problem? Or someone else verify that this feature is working for them?
I don't have the points mod installed, but I did follow your directions you gave me a long time ago. I added user_points to the user's title and then turned it on in config. It works for me. Their was a problem some time ago, but you got that fixed. But. . . . .it all works for me without having the points mod installed.

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Thanks for the report MagicMike. I too don't have the points mod installed. I pulled apart that mod to figure out what I had to do to get this to record the points in the right spot and to detect if it is installed (or faked out ;) ). Like I said, this mod does does the addition or subtraction to the user_points field.

Make sure that you haven't modified the files from this mod and that they are in UTF-8 format (language files should be in UTF-8 with out BOM).

Bredirish123

Post by Bredirish123 »

I'm currently having a few troubles with this right now.

I followed the instructions to the letter but the actual Medals link doesn't appear on my index page and it doesn't show medals awarded on the posters viewtopic info.

Here, take a look yourself:

http://madforums.vndv.com/forums

But I can access the Medals Center by manually typing it in as shown here:

http://madforums.vndv.com/forums/medals.php

I appreciate any help I can get. I really want to work this out.

drewtscott

Post by drewtscott »

Bredirish123 wrote:I'm currently having a few troubles with this right now.

I followed the instructions to the letter but the actual Medals link doesn't appear on my index page and it doesn't show medals awarded on the posters viewtopic info.

Here, take a look yourself:

http://madforums.vndv.com/forums

But I can access the Medals Center by manually typing it in as shown here:

http://madforums.vndv.com/forums/medals.php

I appreciate any help I can get. I really want to work this out.
have you cleared your forum cache?

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Did you apply the appropriate template edits?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”