[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
oddfish

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by oddfish »

nothing ;)

open language/en/mods/info_acp_medals_mod.php and add 'ACP_MEDALS_ACTIVATE' => 'Medals MOD Activated', to the bottom section of that file (after 'ACP_CONFIG_DESC' => 'Here you can set options for the Medals Mod', if you want it kept alphabetically).

cheersoddfish.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net

Richazey

Post by Richazey »

Cheers oddfish one last thing a member has been nominated for an award but the approval button is not there?

oddfish

Post by oddfish »

hmm, generally, if you can award medals, you can approve also from memory.

just check the User roles for the group or individual user permissions MISC tab for "can award medal" is set.

About all I can think of other than the award image (thumbs up/down) not in place or the css not edited correctly.

oddfish.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net

Richazey

Post by Richazey »

Cheers

Ive created these medal images there are 12 altogether, Gremlin if you want to include them on your mod you can if anyone wants the full set the pm they are 6 of each version in different colours

I have sized them down to 30x30 pixels but can have originals in 118x188 pixels

**Danny**
I've Been Banned!

Post by **Danny** »

Hay Gremlinn :D

Do you think this MOD works on the SkyBlue theme I have put on my forum?
I am still trying to work out how this MOD works... Because it still doesn't... :(

So anyhelp please? Thanks :D

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

The mod should work fine with any theme. You may need to adjust the style edits to match. You will need to know if your theme is prosilver or subsilver2 based. Then, start with the edits for one of those styles.

What problem are you having?

Richazey

Post by Richazey »

For those who have used the medal icons for this great mod, I also have these icons to fit the following mods
Mood Mod
Gender Mod (didnt create these)
Annual StarMod
If anyone wants them, drop me a pm with you email and will send you them

wimsito

Post by wimsito »

Does this MOD work for phpbb3.0.4?

Richazey

Post by Richazey »

wimsito wrote:Does this MOD work for phpbb3.0.4?
Yes, im using it on my board

BioLogIn

Post by BioLogIn »

Greets

Now trying to set up 0.10.1 on phpbb 3.0.4. Uploaded files from /root/, done editing. It keeps failing after last instruction of DIY - sql operations are successful (checked this manually), but I don't see normal configuration window in acp-mods-medal-configuration; it tries to run sql install each time I go there, and
clicking on Medals Management does the same - green sql installation screen.

Re-did DIY - nothing changes. Now checking edited files. Permissions are okay, so are "select * from phpbb_modules where module_auth='acl_a_manage_medals';"

Uploaded and edited templates - {MEDAL_CP} says that "This mod is not active" (hell yeah, how can it be active?)).

Any suggestions?

Thanks forward.

upd: after some debugging was able to trace and solve the issue - somehow none of medal mode parameters were added to phpbb_config table. after I added a bunch of them manually, everything started working. if someone experiences the same issue, here are the mysql commands I used:

Code: Select all

insert phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('medals_active',1); #<-- ACP MOD page started working 
insert phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('medals_mod_version','0.10.1'); #<-- USER Medal page started working
insert phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('medal_small_img_width',0); #<-- this parameter started being affected by ACP edits
insert phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('medal_small_img_ht',0); #<-- this parameter started being affected by ACP edits
insert phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('medal_profile_across',3); #<-- this parameter started being affected by ACP edits
insert phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('medal_display_topic',1); #<-- this parameter started being affected by ACP edits
insert phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('medal_topic_row',3); #<-- this parameter started being affected by ACP edits
insert phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('medal_topic_col',1); #<-- this parameter started being affected by ACP edits

SpEeDyZ

Post by SpEeDyZ »

medals are not showing up in any topic ...... they are showing up when I go to a medal winners profile but they are showing up in the topics ...... lol I just noticed .. before they used to appear but not they arent ....
I have checked the settings and Allow Medal Display in Viewtopic: is Yes in the admin panel .... see for yourself here www.gamerzgalore.net/forums please help! :)

SpEeDyZ

Post by SpEeDyZ »

lol sorry I had to edit my viewtopic.php again ... looks like they got reset during the upgrade ... its now ok

Thanks,

madguy

Post by madguy »

I posted a question over there, but I doubt that anyone would just look at it if I didn't point at it.

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

wimsito: Yes, 3.0.4 is a minor update and this mod works fine with it.

BioLogIn and SpEeDyZ: Glad you could figure out the issue.

madguy: I posted a reply at my test site a few days ago.

madguy

Post by madguy »

Okay... I updated the mod. But now I have another problem: in profiles I see this (template refers to {L_MEDAL_CP}, and MEDAL_CP lang var exists), and I can't see awarded medals info in profiles. :roll:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”