[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by Gremlinn »

Check the edits. There were some if statements that were recently added. Do they have an ! in them? If so, remove it. Back a few pages, there was an explanation of this. Unfortunately, I can't remember if I posted the fix and don't have my development drive with me at the moment :oops:

scouthostinguk

Post by scouthostinguk »

Hi all,
I'm getting a error on my memberlist_view.html to show the medals in the profile, but when I add the code needed

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE medal_memberlist_view.html -->
before

<!-- INCLUDE jumpbox.html -->
it does not show the medals the users has.

What have I done wrong here and how do I fix this.

I've tryed adding the code from the file that it's trying to use to show the medals information, but this has not helped.

I use the Glacier style if that helps.(I think it uses the prosilver as a base for code)

Thanks all that reply.

madguy

Post by madguy »

Gremlinn wrote:Check the edits. There were some if statements that were recently added. Do they have an ! in them? If so, remove it. Back a few pages, there was an explanation of this. Unfortunately, I can't remember if I posted the fix and don't have my development drive with me at the moment :oops:
I think that I have to remove !s in memberlist_view.html - I did it and the only result was these IF statements in the page... can you tell which IFs exactly mustn't have !s?

Also, that's only about { MEDAL_CP } thing or this had to fix unshowed award info?

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

madguy: The exact list of IF's can be found back a few pages or by looking at the last upgrade script in the package ( specifically: if ( $config['medals_active'] ) ). It is specifically to fix displaying award information. The MEDAL_CP piece would be due to the language files.

scouthostinguk: Did you set the ACP setting to show the medals there?

scouthostinguk

Post by scouthostinguk »

Gremlinn wrote:scouthostinguk: Did you set the ACP setting to show the medals there?
Medals Configuration tab in my mods tab, I have 2 areas that show. Medals Configuration Settings and Viewtopic Display Settings. Should there be more??

Both are set to yes in "ACP_MEDALS_ACTIVATE:" and "Allow Medal Display in Viewtopic:".

Does that help??

madguy

Post by madguy »

Gremlinn wrote:madguy: The exact list of IF's can be found back a few pages or by looking at the last upgrade script in the package ( specifically: if ( $config['medals_active'] ) ). It is specifically to fix displaying award information. The MEDAL_CP piece would be due to the language files.
Okay, it all helped. Thanks! :)

EDIT: Now I have another problem. Never mind, solved it right after posting (which happens to me frequently :D )

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

scouthostinguk: I think I am seeing a problem. There is a missing language file in the version you downloaded. I have another version just about ready to go out with the file and another fix. Read back a few pages, oddfish posted the missing file. As for the information not showing, try what I suggested to madguy.

scouthostinguk

Post by scouthostinguk »

Gremlinn wrote:scouthostinguk: I think I am seeing a problem. There is a missing language file in the version you downloaded. I have another version just about ready to go out with the file and another fix. Read back a few pages, oddfish posted the missing file. As for the information not showing, try what I suggested to madguy.
No the error i'm getting is with the

<!-- INCLUDE medal_memberlist_view.html -->
not showing the medal the user has.

Other site with it working: Image

My Site Not working: Image My site is not showing the medal information from the file

medal_memberlist_view.html

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Correct. Check the code in the memberlist.php file to make sure that it is as said or it will not display because the code is logically backwards.

**Danny**
I've Been Banned!

Post by **Danny** »

Gremlinn can you check your support site please :D

scouthostinguk

Post by scouthostinguk »

Gremlinn wrote:Correct. Check the code in the memberlist.php file to make sure that it is as said or it will not display because the code is logically backwards.
Ok will do

Richazey

Post by Richazey »

On the medals page im wanting to remove the code that displays what catagory the medals are in.

**Danny**
I've Been Banned!

Post by **Danny** »

Ok, well I try and award a medal to someone and it does let me.

It logs me out and says that I don't have permission to do this...!?

Any help please?

Also Gremlinn, where do I go to add my own Medals? I have them right now... but where do I go to put them up?

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Replied to all latest posts on the test site.

To add your own medals, put the image files in the images/medals folder (if device files, in the images/medals/devices folder). Then, go into the medal management panel in the ACP to set them up for use.

**Danny**
I've Been Banned!

Post by **Danny** »

Ok thanks Gremlinn, I will use your support site now :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”