[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by Gremlinn »

You would need a new field in the users table to store the per user setting.
Then you can check if that setting is set and wrap the include statement in the memberlist. If you are looking to also turn them off in the topics, you would need to wrap the section in the viewtopic.

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

I had an opportunity to look into the bbcode url issue you mentioned Gilligan. It is correct that is does not work. It is not actually intended to work. I was purposely leaving URL tags out of the medals. What is strange is that it is working with the medal details. In the future, I may rewrite the PM process and make it handle it. But, at this point, it is not a problem by design. However, if anyone would like to figure out how to make it work, I would be happy to put it in.

I also had the opportunity to fix up a couple of defects. I will be packaging the next release now.

Gilligan53

Post by Gilligan53 »

Can I ask why it is not intended to work...?

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

I set all options in the award description for URLs to be false (don't use). I do not have any reason to use provide a link in the medal award description.

Now, with that said, I have said before along time back. I am creating this mod for my use. Any feature that I do not have a need for, I will evaluate and decide on an individual basis to implement.

I don't see anything wrong with having the URLs, I just didn't implement them. From what I can tell, the way the PM message is being created and submitted is not written the greatest. This is original code that I inherited from the original creator of the phpbb3 version of the medals mod. I have not done much to it. I would like to get it to look more like the phpbb3 coding, but at the moment, this release will leave it as is. In a future release, I will look more at that type of code cleanup.

Unless, someone else would like to handle it for me :)

For now, might I suggest removing the bbcode tags and leaving the URL as plain text? At least it won't look bad.

katib

Post by katib »

I have the same probleme as this user:
azzurri wrote:For some reason in the ACP I can only see "configuration" but not "Medals Management" beneath it so I cannot add medals or do anything really. I followed the instructions and I created the "medals management" module, but it won't show up for me to click on.
additionaly, I am having the following error while in ACP

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_modules SET module_auth = 'acl_a_manage_medals' WHERE module_id = 206

Query processed succesfully.

CREATE TABLE phpbb_medals ( `id` tinyint(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(30) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', `image` varchar(100) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', `dynamic` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `device` varchar(32) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', `number` tinyint(2) NOT NULL default '1', `parent` tinyint(5) NOT NULL default '0', `nominated` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `order_id` tinyint(5) NOT NULL default '0', `description` varchar(256) NULL COLLATE utf8_bin, `points` smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `order_id` (`order_id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

There was an error while processing this query.

CREATE TABLE phpbb_medals_awarded ( `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, `medal_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0', `user_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0', `awarder_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0', `awarder_un` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', `awarder_color` varchar(6) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', `time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `nominated` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `nominated_reason` text collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `points` smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `bbuid` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `bitfield` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `time` (`time`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

CREATE TABLE phpbb_medals_cats ( `id` tinyint(5) NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(30) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '', `order_id` tinyint(5) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `order_id` (`order_id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

INSERT INTO phpbb_styles_imageset_data (image_name, image_filename, image_height, image_width, imageset_id) VALUES ('icon_post_approve', 'icon_post_approve.gif', '20', '20', '1')

Query processed succesfully.

Medals MOD version 0.9.11 installed

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

katib: Look in your database and see if you have those tables. If not, try to run that SQL manually. What database are you using and what version?

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Update: Version 0.10.2 is now available. A couple reported bugs should be fixed now. Also, I have removed upgrade support for pre-0.9.11 installs. The upgrade instructions are still in place at the moment. You will need to update the medals mod version in the config table manually to 0.9.11 and then visit one of the ACP module.

Next version will remove the rest of the old files and history information.

I tested the upgrade instructions. Worked for me. Hopefully, I didn't miss something in packaging.
I also installed on a fresh phpbb3.0.4 site. Worked 100%.
One change made the database install text appear on a RED background. I am currently looking for how to change the color. Read the output to make sure the text does not display any errors.

katib

Post by katib »

Gremlinn wrote:katib: Look in your database and see if you have those tables. If not, try to run that SQL manually. What database are you using and what version?
Thank you Gremlinn for reply
I suspected a bad edited /includes/functions.php from preveiws mods
I desintalled it and I will install the newlly posted version on a fresh vanilla phpbb3

then I will let you know
Last edited by katib on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wuerzi

Post by Wuerzi »

Hello Gremlinn,

i find a mistake in the Medals_System_MOD-0_10_1-0_10_2.xml :oops:

Find in memberlist.php

<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN and S_NOMINATE --><dt>&nbsp;</dt> <dd><a href="medals.php?m=nominate&u={USER_ID}"><strong>{L_NOMINATE}</strong></a></dd><!-- ENDIF -->
:? Thats wrong :oops:

The next:
Find in styles/prosilver/templates/memberlist_view.html

<!-- IF S_CAN_AWARD_MEDALS --> [ <a href="medals.php?m=awarded&u={USER_ID}">{L_MEDAL_CP}</a> ]<!-- ENDIF -->
Replease with:

<!-- IF U_CAN_AWARD_MEDALS --> [ <a href="U_CAN_AWARD_MEDALS}">{L_MEDAL_CP}</a> ]<!-- ENDIF -->
:? Thats wrong :oops:

Right is replease with

<!-- IF U_CAN_AWARD_MEDALS --> [ <a href="{U_CAN_AWARD_MEDALS}">{L_MEDAL_CP}</a> ]<!-- ENDIF -->
it's missing one {

Thanks for the medal mod. Works very well :P

vwrmic

Post by vwrmic »

Great mod Gremlinn. ;)

Just a quick question. I noticed a post which I can't seem to find now about setting the permissions of who can award medals and such. I cannot seem to find where this is in my ACP. I only want the admin to be able to do it, could you tell me how I can achieve this?

Thanks.

Infact I trawled through the thread and found my answer. Thank you anyway. :)

Professional

Post by Professional »

hi i want to install this mod,does any one have other attractive medals like VB?
انجمن تخصصی نسل جدید موبایل ها
My Mobile Forum: M4P Forum
Every Thing That U Feel,Is Every Thing That I Feel.

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Professional: Have you looked on my Mod Test site? One user has created a number of other medals. The ones I included where just thrown together samples.

Wuerzi: You are correct. The memberlist.php find you mentioned should have been for memberlist_view.html.
And the you are right, there is a missing {

Bug ticket created on my test site.

dgrillo

Post by dgrillo »

Gremlinn wrote:FYI: I have figured out what the problem was oddfish. I have it fixed for the next release. I also took care of the flags variable.

I'll be packaging this up today or tonight.
I just started having this issue with my site, if you click on the details it goes right to the group page.

www.sourceofevil.com

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

dgrillo: What version are you on? That issue has been fixed for quite some time.

dgrillo

Post by dgrillo »

Gremlinn wrote:dgrillo: What version are you on? That issue has been fixed for quite some time.
I installed it from the first post on this thread. od version check shows current version 0.10.2

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”