[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by Gremlinn »

It looks like you do not have permission to view the Medals Management panel. Your image is of the Configuration panel. Use the php permissions facility to give Medals Management access to the user you are logged in as. Or, login as forum admin and setup the medals first.
RoCkFoRdGuN

Post by RoCkFoRdGuN »

Mrraider wrote:Forum can not find uploaded medals!
I'm trying to nominate medals to this user but get this *beep*:

Code: Select all

Information
There are no medals available to nominate to this user

Return to the previous page
I have uploaded Medal in this folder
myforum/images/medals
sounds like a similar prob i had try this
have u set your permissions on the folder /images/medals to 777
femu wrote:rosilver based st
i got the guild wars style running and when i add it some of the things look out of place ill check if i can get screenshot
-tribe-

Post by -tribe- »

help i get this while trying to access the modules in the acp, the board is a fresh install, however the database is from a board which had the medal mod previously installed, i have downloaded and install version 0.10.1 on to the new board but i get this error in the acp, any help appreciated
You have an older version of Medals MOD installed.
You will need to uninstall that version first
Be sure to make backups first.
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

run this sql:

update phpbb_config set medals_mod_version="0.9.11";
Then re-visit that ACP page.
Vecia666

Post by Vecia666 »

Is there a way to change the background color for the Medals Control Panel page from transparent to another color?
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

The pages are controlled by your styles theme. And, you can adjust the html to fit as needed.

However, I'm not sure what part is transparent?
Vecia666

Post by Vecia666 »

This is a picture of the Medals page.

The style I have modified is the X-Static Style from Skin-Lab and I have been able to modify pretty much every part of the color scheme on your Mod but for some reason I can't find the reference to the background on this particular page.

Is it medals.html or some other file? I have just about changed every single color reference in every .html and .css file that I can find. The ones that screwed up the board visuals I went back and restored but this page is killing me.

I have tried going to "view style information" in the Firefox web developer tools plugin and the only place it takes me is the standard stylesheet.css file and every color code has already been changed. I have a feeling I am going to end up having to add in the code somewhere but I am lost on that issue. Every attempt to do that has shifted the page in some manner that is ridiculous...lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Gremlinn!

By the way, this freaking mod is so freaking awesome! Other than my own lack of knowing how to customize the visuals to suit my board, I wouldn't change a freaking thing! Good job, seriously.
madmartyau
Name: Marty

Post by madmartyau »

Vecia666 wrote: The style I have modified is the X-Static Style from Skin-Lab and I have been able to modify pretty much every part of the color scheme on your Mod but for some reason I can't find the reference to the background on this particular page.

Is it medals.html or some other file? I have just about changed every single color reference in every .html and .css file that I can find. The ones that screwed up the board visuals I went back and restored but this page is killing me.

I have tried going to "view style information" in the Firefox web developer tools plugin and the only place it takes me is the standard stylesheet.css file and every color code has already been changed. I have a feeling I am going to end up having to add in the code somewhere but I am lost on that issue. Every attempt to do that has shifted the page in some manner that is ridiculous...lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Gremlinn!

By the way, this freaking mod is so freaking awesome! Other than my own lack of knowing how to customize the visuals to suit my board, I wouldn't change a freaking thing! Good job, seriously.
The style class you are looking for is .bg1 and .bg2 but beware that if you mess with those it will mess with other parts of your forum. It might be better to make a couple of new classes called .mbg1 and .mbg2 for example and then replace the instances of .bg1 and .bg2 in medals.html with the new classes.
Call me Grumpy.
Vecia666

Post by Vecia666 »

I wouldn't even begin to know how to do that. Where would I create those instances and how would I refer to them? I understand what you are saying but I am defiantly not a coder.
madmartyau

Post by madmartyau »

Vecia666 wrote:I wouldn't even begin to know how to do that. Where would I create those instances and how would I refer to them? I understand what you are saying but I am defiantly not a coder.
What's the address for your site? I can't quite make it out from the image. I'll have a look for you if you want.
Call me Grumpy.
Vecia666

Post by Vecia666 »

http://questforarrakis.com/phpBB3.1/medals.php

That will take you to the Medals Page and you will see the background I am talking about.

The planet and moon image in the deep background I want to keep there as it is the main background for the entire site but I am looking to place placemats behind the Medal descriptions as well as the nomination page and so on just like on the main page here:

http://questforarrakis.com/phpBB3.1/index.php

You will notice that I was able to change the background color of the Announcement to #FFDEAD as it also was transparent like the medals page. All I had to do in this case was alter the color under .tablebg (line 355) in the stylesheet.css file. this aided me quite a bit as it altered the color on every page on the site giving me the color scheme I was looking for.

However, it did not change the color on the Medals page.

If you would like to see the rest of the site, PM me and I will get you access. You can view the Medals page without logging in.

Thanks a lot, Madmartyau!
madmartyau

Post by madmartyau »

A username and password are being requested by http://questforarrakis.com. The site says: "Password Protected"
A little problem here.
Call me Grumpy.
Hangly Man

Post by Hangly Man »

What is the point of making medals cost points if people can still add them when they have no points?

Hang on, I think I found the relevant section:

if ($result && $config['points_enable'] == 1)
	{
		$sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . " 
					SET user_points = user_points + $points
					WHERE user_id = $user_id" ;
		$db->sql_query($sql);
        }

$message2  = sprintf($user->lang['PM_MESSAGE'], '[img]' . generate_board_url() . '/' . $medals[$medal_id]['image'] . '[/img]', $medals[$medal_id]['name'], $color );
	$message2  .= $message;
	if ( $config['points_enable'] == 1 )
	{
		if ( $points < 0 )
		{
			$plural = $points < -1 ? 's' : '';
			$message2 .= sprintf($user->lang['PM_MESSAGE_POINTS_DEDUCT'], $points * -1, $plural);
		}
		else if ( $points > 0 )
		{
			$plural = $points > 1 ? 's' : '';
			$message2 .= sprintf($user->lang['PM_MESSAGE_POINTS_EARN'], $points, $plural);
		}
	}
if (user_points < 1) {
cancel?
};

???
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Medals do not "cost" points. When awarded a medal, the use earns points. Of course, if you put a negative number in, it will essentially remove points.

That function is not verifying that the user has points. It is checking the medal points to know if it is adding or subtracting points.

if points are less than 0, then the number is negative and have been subtracted - Message says points have been deducted. If the points are more than 0, then the message says they have earned points. If the points are equal to 0, then no message is made saying they have earned or lost points since they were 0.

The "points" referenced are medal points, not user's points.
Hangly Man

Post by Hangly Man »

So is there any simple way to cancel the badge add if it will make the user's point total go negative?

I'm using your mod in kind of an unusual way. I let people add their own badges.

Got it maxed out too--94 badges right now. :mrgreen:
http://www.theneweffort.com/forums/medals.php

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”