[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
madmartyau
Name: Marty

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by madmartyau »

FacTor-X wrote:Hey there, sorry to bother you again, but after I installed the mod and saw the medals tab. I just got around tot trying to add in medals. However, I don't exactly see where this is done. Are medals suppose to be added in the ACP? All I see is this:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z265 ... medals.jpg
You haven't installed the ACP modules properly. Read the installation instructions again.
Call me Grumpy.
FacTor-X

Post by FacTor-X »

madmartyau wrote:
FacTor-X wrote:Hey there, sorry to bother you again, but after I installed the mod and saw the medals tab. I just got around tot trying to add in medals. However, I don't exactly see where this is done. Are medals suppose to be added in the ACP? All I see is this:

You haven't installed the ACP modules properly. Read the installation instructions again.
Oh, okay, so I should see more options in the ACP right? Here is what my medals management module looks like:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z265/fac7orx/mod.jpg

I tried to follow the instructions, but maybe I did something wrong there?
madmartyau

Post by madmartyau »

FacTor-X wrote:
madmartyau wrote:

Oh, okay, so I should see more options in the ACP right? Here is what my medals management module looks like:

Have a look at one of my previous posts. http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9218905
Call me Grumpy.
FacTor-X

Post by FacTor-X »

madmartyau wrote:
FacTor-X wrote:
madmartyau wrote:

Have a look at one of my previous posts. http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9218905
My setup already looks like this:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z265 ... alspic.jpg

Is that correct? It says you have to have it inside the medals control panel, but I believe mine already is.

EDIT:

I managed to fix it. I missed a major step. I had to put the whole medals control panel in .mods ;). Sorry for the inconvenience and I appreciate the help you provided. Thanks for making such a a cool mod once again. Cheers.
garytay

Post by garytay »

Hi to the poster above... I just installed this and noticed that the instructions did not specify putting .MOD as parent (as such causing the above problem)... Instinctively i read this and change it to .Mod

New question :
Is there a way to see all nominations on a page and approve them (either one by one or en-masses)?
I'm dread the thought of clicking through everyone's nomination page just to see if someone nominate them.
sifon4o

Post by sifon4o »

After almost an hour of searching I wasnt able find someone with a similar problem as me. I just installed it and when I tried to give it a test run, I wasnt able to find any medals. I added all the files in the root/images/medals and even in the root/images/medals/devices directory. When in the header menu I click medals:
Medals Description Recipients Award
No Available Medals
When from the user profile I try to give someone a medal I can't choose 1 from the menu (it says no available medals).
madmartyau

Post by madmartyau »

sifon4o wrote:After almost an hour of searching I wasnt able find someone with a similar problem as me. I just installed it and when I tried to give it a test run, I wasnt able to find any medals. I added all the files in the root/images/medals and even in the root/images/medals/devices directory. When in the header menu I click medals:
Medals Description Recipients Award
No Available Medals
When from the user profile I try to give someone a medal I can't choose 1 from the menu (it says no available medals).
You need to go in to Medals Management in the ACP and add the medals first.
Call me Grumpy.
dkdkdkdk

Post by dkdkdkdk »

Hi,
I wanna ask you, how to link a medal picture (under avatar) to some new page in forum?

...like it´s in here http://www.rhino3d.sk/viewtopic.php?p=11928 - they have "clickable" medal.
Daryl Grant

Post by Daryl Grant »

Gremlinn, im still using version 0.9.5, can I simply replace the existing files with the new ones from the latest version, and same goes with all the edits.

Or do I need to follow and edit as instructed in each update. (dont want to lose all medal info, as ive awarded hundreds)
Balsa

Post by Balsa »

Suggestion for medal entries:
First I just wanna say I really love the medals system! ^_^

profile medals...
When a medal is awarded it shows in the profile of a user. Let’s say a user has earned 99 medals of some kind. There will be one medal image and 99 medals description (a very, very long list). It would be great if there were something like a automatic pagination or selection list for the entries (newest to oldest) for each specific medal.

edit awarded medals...
Also I could find a way to edit medal descriptions (for example because I want to correct a typographical error) after they were awarded to a user (or I couldn’t find the edit button ^_^).

Thanks for your effort until now and keep up the good work.
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

adzyboy wrote:Must say I'm liking this.
Making new medals tho, ribbons don't do it for me. I'm also rewriting the style pages too, while all of prosilver is done using proper xhtml and divs and stuff, this is done using non-strict html and uses tables where it's not exactly needed.
Something I have been meaning to work out. adzyboy, would you mind sharing with me and I can see about putting it into the release?
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

garytay: I'm not reading the instructions at the moment... But, I do believe it says to go into the .MODs and then create a medals control panel (or some such thing). Then inside that panel to add the two modules.

As for your question... View the medals page (the one from the menu). If there are any nominations for a medal, it will have a link to view the nominations on the right.

Balsa: pagination... that's an idea. Have you submitted it to my test mod site so that the idea doesn't get lost?
Also, I don't recall making the ability to edit a medal's award reason after it is awarded. You can edit it after it is nominated, just before you award it. On the crude side, you can edit it with in the database directly. You can post this as a feature request too if you would like.
Balsa

Post by Balsa »

Hello and thanks for the fast reply!

I registered at the Support Site under another nickname and wanted to post there, but didn’t really like the COPPA and fax/email idea (because I never tried something like that before ^_^). I am born 1983… seems I clicked the wrong registration button, because I got the email.

Pagination and an edit feature for awarded medals would be great, because if I find an error in the description I mustn’t delete and award them anew.

Also I want to make another feature suggestion, if it doesn’t cause inconvenience.
My community members post fanarts and fanfictions on my board and we also announce fan competitions from time to time. At the moment my team and I discuss the different medals/awards for that. The medals system gives you the opportunity to nominate a user and mention a reason for the nomination. But it would also be great if an admin could define some fields for some medal categories, so that users can nominate not a person but a specific post (users could fill in some information, if they wish to nominate someone for a specific fanart or fanfiction posted in a thread). I don’t think that medals system could show how often a specific fanart (uploaded or linked in a post) was nominated, but it would be easer for my users and mods if they could fill out some fields for their nominations. For example see picture below… Image
FacTor-X

Post by FacTor-X »

Hey I am back and I just have one other question. Is it possible to make it so admins can award medals as well? Right now I am the only one who can give out medals and accept nominations. I would like help from the admins over at my site. Is this possible?
SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR »

FacTor-X wrote:Hey I am back and I just have one other question. Is it possible to make it so admins can award medals as well? Right now I am the only one who can give out medals and accept nominations. I would like help from the admins over at my site. Is this possible?
Should be able to via the permissions system for the Admin group.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”