[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
bbqsquirrelbrigade

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by bbqsquirrelbrigade »

Love the mod!

I would like to keep the medals.php page available only to registered members (ie. have to be logged in). I made the IF to hide it in the overall header, but people can still get to the page with a direct link while logged out. What include or additional coding is required to redirect people to the index/login screen if they try to access the medals.php page while logged out?
Richazey

Post by Richazey »

Open medals.php

find

Code: Select all

// Start session management
$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
$user->setup('common');
afterwards put

if ($user->data['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS)
{
    login_box('', $user->lang['LOGIN']);
} 
this mean if anyone access the page direct it will ask them to login.
bbqsquirrelbrigade

Post by bbqsquirrelbrigade »

Thanks!
zepherion

Post by zepherion »

I've re-installed the mod. Setup everything and tried to get it working with the current style that's on the boards we use. But somehow it's not willing to work. Is there anyone who's willing to check out what I might be doing wrong? Or is there anyway that I can post information in here so someone could figure out what's going wrong on our boards?

Thx in advance!
The-Lord

Post by The-Lord »

When a user gets nominated. It shows a (!) sign in his medals section below the avatar. Is there any way we can change it with an image?
hiakungfu

Post by hiakungfu »

As shown in the picture, the message showed up after I tried mywebboard.com/medals.php
Seems like a problem with my style/theme or language? but I thought I edited and put proper file in the right place though.

Please can someone give me a clue. 8-)
Giace

Post by Giace »

hiakungfu wrote:Image

As shown in the picture, the message showed up after I tried mywebboard.com/medals.php
Seems like a problem with my style/theme or language? but I thought I edited and put proper file in the right place though.

Please can someone give me a clue. 8-)
You forgot to upload medals.html into your template map of your style.
You need to upload it in here:
styles/Dark-Shines/template/
hiakungfu

Post by hiakungfu »

Didn't know I have to upload those files. :? However, I just did and now I am able to access mywebboard.com/medals.php and give someone a medal which I did, and it seems I did it alright, but it doesn't show the guy has been awarded or any medal.

Thanks in advance guys. ;)
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

hiakungfu: You need to complete the template install for the style you are using. The install xml file has links to the included template install files (or look in the templates folder).

The-Lord: I would be possible. Look for this in the info_medals.php language file:

'USER_IS_NOMINATED'				=> ' [<a href="%s" title="This user has been nominated for a medal!">!</a>]',
zepherion: What about it is not working? Not showing in the ACP? Not showing in the overall_header? Getting an error?

Gilligan53: Can you show me an example of a user's name so I can test it?

Giace: What blank line are you looking at? The one with the work "Badges" is the category the medals belong to.

parkstee: In the includes/medals_memberlist.php file, the following statement is what you are looking for:

$sql = "SELECT m.id, m.name, m.description, m.image, m.device, m.dynamic, m.parent,
				ma.nominated_reason, ma.time, ma.awarder_id, ma.awarder_un, ma.awarder_color, ma.bbuid, ma.bitfield,
				c.id as cat_id, c.name as cat_name
			FROM " . MEDALS_TABLE . " m, " . MEDALS_AWARDED_TABLE . " ma, " . MEDALS_CATS_TABLE . " c
			WHERE ma.user_id = {$user_id}
				AND m.parent = c.id
				AND m.id = ma.medal_id
				AND ma.nominated = 0
			ORDER BY c.order_id, m.order_id, ma.time";
Try changing the ORDER BY line to the following:

ORDER BY c.order_id, ma.time, m.order_id";
Else, remove the , m.order_id from the line.
hiakungfu

Post by hiakungfu »

Gremlinn, you are the master !!! :ugeek:

One quick question here : is it possible to give permission to Global Mod or Mods to award medals? I know only Admins will be able to do it.

Great Mod anyway !!!
8-) 8-) 8-)
zepherion

Post by zepherion »

Gremlinn wrote: zepherion: What about it is not working? Not showing in the ACP? Not showing in the overall_header? Getting an error?
Hi Gremlinn,

After changing all files as instructed it's somehow not showing up on the boards.
I got the ACP pages no probs. But nothing on the boards can be found in relation to the Medal mod.

I can send you the forum where it's been installed onto in a PM if you PM me first :) As I've not reached my post count yet :)
Giace

Post by Giace »

Giace wrote:okay i have another problerm... when i go to medals.php there will be a empty line of the top of the page, and the text will be ways biggger. Does somebody else have this problem too?

a picture of it:
Nobody?
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Gremlinn wrote:Giace: What blank line are you looking at? The one with the work "Badges" is the category the medals belong to.
^work^word
Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

haikungfu: You can set permissions for medal moderators. They can award medals and approve nominations. Use the phpbb permissions system.

zepherion: Have you refreshed the style template? Cleared your forum cache? If we keep going like this, then you should get to the PM post count quickly ;)
zepherion

Post by zepherion »

Gremlinn wrote:zepherion: Have you refreshed the style template? Cleared your forum cache? If we keep going like this, then you should get to the PM post count quickly ;)
Hehe, so true. Yes I refreshed the style template, cleared the forum cache :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”