[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ikkeook

Re: [Beta] Medal System MOD for phpBB3

Post by ikkeook » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:33 pm

Yest installed the medal mod very nice work
how do i add medals to users?
i did create medals set the configuration etc etc its all there and working in the acp
now as i want to edit a user en give him or her a medal how woul di be able to do so?

warm greetings from holland
Need help with your board we setup a board for you for free yest contact me

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:28 pm

There are two ways to do it. You can go to that user's profile and click on Medals Control Panel or you can do it from the Medals page where you will see a Medals Control Panel. The second location will allow you to award the medal to more than one person.

estoyer

Post by estoyer » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:42 pm

Is there a download mirror for this mod anywhere? I haven't been able to access the download/test site linked in the OP. I like this mod's feature list a lot -- it sounds perfect for my board's needs, so I'm hoping to be able to get my hands on it and start tinkering soon. :)

oddfish

Post by oddfish » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:30 am

estoyer wrote:Is there a download mirror for this mod anywhere? I haven't been able to access the download/test site linked in the OP. I like this mod's feature list a lot -- it sounds perfect for my board's needs, so I'm hoping to be able to get my hands on it and start tinkering soon. :)
temp download here :
http://www.odfish.com/mods/Medals_System_MOD_0.10.3.zip
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net

estoyer

Post by estoyer » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:21 am

Got it, thanks a bunch!

vert5

Post by vert5 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:16 pm

[quote=Gremlinn]vert5: I set a limit on the size of the entry field. You could adjust that in the includes/acp/acp_medals.php file. I am sorry I don't know exactly where at the moment (code is not with me). There will be a limit in the database field, I don't remember what I set that to either. If you don't find it or someone else doesn't point you to it, I will try to remember to get you the information.[/quote]

Hello,

I was searching for the set of this number.
Please, could you find how should I do if I want unlimitted awards of one medal to one user ?

Thank you very much

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:45 pm

Thanks oddfish. My webserver hard drive is suffering. I am in the process of recovering what I can and putting it on another drive. Hope to be back up tonight. Unfortunately, I may have to roll back to my last offline backup.

vert5: I will see if I can help you after I get my server back up. But, if someone else can come up with the answer first....

oddfish

Post by oddfish » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:35 pm

Gremlinn wrote:Thanks oddfish. My webserver hard drive is suffering. I am in the process of recovering what I can and putting it on another drive. Hope to be back up tonight. Unfortunately, I may have to roll back to my last offline backup.
Ouch - goodluck. Grab what ya can or try running a HDD Regenerator, followed by an image without booting the OS
Gremlinn wrote:vert5: I will see if I can help you after I get my server back up. But, if someone else can come up with the answer first....
Is that the medals table number of tinyint(2)?
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Got the site back up. Nothing lost (that I know of). 8-)

There may be two places to make the change. One is the form where the amount of medals available are entered. d'oh just thought about that. It would be in the adm/style html file. And, maybe in the database for the number of available medals. I'll have to see which field that is, unless you can find it oddfish.

lupo87

Post by lupo87 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:37 pm

Hello!
Is there any way to make clickable the number of medals showed in post (below the avatar) in order to open profile page and see earned medals?

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:13 pm

You can click on the user's name to go to their profile. I do not have this mod coded that way.

F.Gozalo

Post by F.Gozalo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Gremlinn, first of all I would like to THANK YOU for this Awesome mod. It works as advertised.

Still, considering my peers intentions and forum, I would like to ask some help from you, that would make this mod a little simpler for me and everyone in my forum.

First of all I would like to ask you if is there a way, instructions, to award a medal withoud adding anything into the award reason box, thus, actually removing that field completely, making it much simplier. This may sound weird, but in my forum I'm using this mod to add games to the user's profile, so there is no need o reason for it to be award. (Question is, how to remove the award reason box, and allow "medals" do be awarded without it)

Please take a look: MEDALs (Games) PAGE http://www.clafab.com.br/forum/medals.php
Profile: http://www.clafab.com.br/forum/memberli ... rofile&u=2

Thanks in advance, and if possible, please do reply.

Ps. Sorry for my English, it's not my first language nor second.

madmartyau
Name: Marty

Post by madmartyau » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:34 pm

F.Gozalo wrote:Gremlinn, first of all I would like to THANK YOU for this Awesome mod. It works as advertised.

Still, considering my peers intentions and forum, I would like to ask some help from you, that would make this mod a little simpler for me and everyone in my forum.

First of all I would like to ask you if is there a way, instructions, to award a medal withoud adding anything into the award reason box, thus, actually removing that field completely, making it much simplier. This may sound weird, but in my forum I'm using this mod to add games to the user's profile, so there is no need o reason for it to be award. (Question is, how to remove the award reason box, and allow "medals" do be awarded without it)

Please take a look: MEDALs (Games) PAGE http://www.clafab.com.br/forum/medals.php
Profile: http://www.clafab.com.br/forum/memberli ... rofile&u=2

Thanks in advance, and if possible, please do reply.

Ps. Sorry for my English, it's not my first language nor second.
I've made a "Games" mod based off Gremlinns Medals Mod. I haven't released it but you can see how I'm using it here. I've made it so users can add games themselves through their UCP. If you are interested, I could give you the package I've put together.
Call me Grumpy.

F.Gozalo

Post by F.Gozalo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:31 pm

madmartyau wrote: I've made a "Games" mod based off Gremlinns Medals Mod. I haven't released it but you can see how I'm using it here. I've made it so users can add games themselves through their UCP. If you are interested, I could give you the package I've put together.
I would love too. Please do reply. One more thing, I just visited your forum and saw that there is no game description in the games section, would it be to difficult to implement it? Plus if you want the "game boxes" i created I can send them all to you 512x512 resolution, they look kinda cool I think.

Cheers.

MANY THANKS.

madmartyau
Name: Marty

Post by madmartyau » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:45 pm

Your boxes do look cool but I've got about 700 games so I need to keep the file sizes low. I'm going to release my version in a couple of days. I'll pm you when it's up so as not to derail gremlins thread.
Call me Grumpy.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”