[ABD] phpBBFolk - Topic tagging system

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
nanothree

Re: [RC1] phpBBFolk - Topic tagging system

Post by nanothree » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:16 pm

Released another version, the new version includes the suggest part from above and supports other character sets.

Check the first post.

** PLEASE NOTE ** - There is a small issue with IE that i'm working on, when you are adding tags in the topic posting screen the input box mysteriously grows, its nothing too important though, its just slightly annoying. If anyone knows how to fix it please let me know
Last edited by nanothree on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nanothree

Post by nanothree » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:17 pm

Feuerwolf - Try installing the new version and see if that fixes your problem

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:37 am

ac_roma wrote:great
but do u have mod rewrite to it :)
i need it appear like

http://www.site.com/tag-(TAG WORD).html

and i need to make the title for every page as it in the link
example this link
http://www.nanothree.net/phpbb/forum/ph ... tag=phpbb3

how i can show title page
Tag Search Results- phpbb3
do you add please more seo for this mod ;) to be more useful
can you help me to make optimization to the title in every page

because we will have the same tiltle in every page by this way

and pages like that not useful for SEO

Zappix

Post by Zappix » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:44 am

Thanks, this is awesome!

However, there's just one problem... it rejects every tag that I may add for not being unique, even though they are. http://forums.imapcsite.com

:S

Edit:
Fixed the problem, in includes/functions_phpBBFolk.php there was

Code: Select all

if($row !== false)
	{
		return false;
	}
in function insert_tag

so changed it to

if($row != false)
	{
		return false;
	}
and success! :D

Nathan Brittles

Post by Nathan Brittles » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:42 pm

This tag is cool. It was one of the reasons, to relaunch my board with phpBB3.

But now I'm in trouble : As my board is in german, these german umlauts like "Ä" appear in the tags. But they cannot be found in the database ...

Any ideas ? Seems like some kind of UTF8 issue ...

denney

Post by denney » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:56 pm

I don't know if everyone just missed my post so I'll try again...

What are the current permissions like on the mod? Specifically, can I restrict use of the tags to certain user groups and can forums?

Looking at the demo board it looks like anyone can use the tags anywhere. I would like to use this as a kind of "blog" tool, allowing only a certain user/group to use tags.
Check out Mantra Software for my phpBB3 modifications and Denney's Dimension for my blog.

Twill

Post by Twill » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:54 pm

When adding a tag to a new post, I get the following in the "suggestions" window:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /phpBBFolk.php on line 218: main(logger.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /phpBBFolk.php on line 218: main(logger.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /phpBBFolk.php on line 218: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'logger.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
I can't find a logger.php in the phpbbfolk files, so I'm assuming this is a php core file I don't have? Or am I missing something from the install?

It does include a suggestion for a second tag, but not the first. For example, if I have several posts tagged with test and post and tag a new thread with test and post I will get the warning and then the "post" suggestion under it. If I only tag with "test" then I get "no suggestions" (the same is true if I reverse post and test)

Also....I don't seem to be able to add tags to a post unless I'm the original poster. Part of the brilliance of tags is that anyone can add them so even when the OP doesn't tag their own work then someone else can tag it.

I would suggest allowing a tag-on-reply that publicly logs who tagged with what (so people know who is messing with the tags if someone goes nuts with them)

It would also be nice to be able remove tagging rights from certain people in cases of abuse (and, a someone said, only give them to certain people, but I think that defeats the purpose of crowdsourced tagging), right now if someone abused the tag system the only recourse seems to be to ban them from posting, which seems a bit silly.

Great work, great potential.

Nielk1

Post by Nielk1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:54 pm

This will realy help me with my site, but there are a few things it needs before I will. These may already have been sugested or even completed, but I came up with these just looking over your demo board (Order of list of preference):
  • Make tagging a right that can be set on a group/forum basis.
  • Write to a log who has tagged what.
  • Rout it though the phpbb word sensor. (Option would be nice)
  • Rout it though the phpbb bbcode/emote parser. (Option would be nice)
  • Allow for fixed choices on a by forum basis. In other words, you can only pick one of 3 prefabs in 1 forum, but in another force a differnt set, and in the rest have it set to allow type-ins (as it is now). (Pre set choices should ignore the word sensor if possable but definitly ignore the check if the bbcode/emote parser is on and use it anyway.
As it is now, I would have to enstate some 'tag moderators', but if the above is not possable I may do that anyway.

I hope these sugestions bring the mod togeather. I know I said I would not use it untill some of these are met, but I just keep thinking how close it is to what I need. You have one wonderful mod here.

Filosoff

Post by Filosoff » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:04 am

Your mod is really nice. I've built a website based on phpBB posts with tagging - http://erased.info/

I'd like to contribute one small fix for regional character sets:

$tag = utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('tag', '', true));
in phpBBFolk.php line 223

ecwpa

Post by ecwpa » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:25 pm

Filosoff wrote:Your mod is really nice. I've built a website based on phpBB posts with tagging - http://erased.info/
amazing! can you share with us how to make a news page like that?
carefull, not english speaker native here

nanothree

Post by nanothree » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:17 am

This project is on hold at the moment. Im very busy at work with other things. i will be adding some more functionality ina couple of weeks but that is at the request of my employers. I will not be able to spend any time working on other features.
Hoefully i will get back to work on this after my job has finished.

Nielk1

Post by Nielk1 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:28 pm

Good to hear you still have it in mind.

Please don't take my earlier post as some sort of selfish orders, I started off with must have features and ended up with a mere request.

So, this mod is for your 'employers' ?
Glad you took the time to share it with us!

lindhardsen

Post by lindhardsen » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Hopefully not a dumb question - but how can one as automatically as possible submit the tags to del.icio.us or any other tagging network ?

Would be nice right ? So many tools have been built around del.icio.us and the like.

Thanks for this mod. Greatly appreciated.

idiotnesia
Name: Pungky Putra

Post by idiotnesia » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:18 am

nanothree wrote:This project is on hold at the moment. Im very busy at work with other things. i will be adding some more functionality ina couple of weeks but that is at the request of my employers. I will not be able to spend any time working on other features.
Hoefully i will get back to work on this after my job has finished.
glad to hear from you...

my request is just user/moderator can edit and delete tags...

nanothree

Post by nanothree » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:13 pm

Hello guys. I have made a small change to the mod at my employers request, they have wanted the tag cloud to appear on every page at the top of the it. (Screen shot attached)

I was wondering if people wanted it like this or left as it is, with the tag cloud only being on certain pages and specific to the page you were on.

Here are the choices:
  • Use different tags based on which page the user is viewing. So a board wide tag cloud, category specific tag clouds, forum specific tag clouds viewed on index, category view and forum view respectively
  • A board wide cloud on every page, either at the bottom or top (configurable)
Any other suggestions?

This is based on the whole board not a specific area.

Also, please bare in mind that the second option means it takes less than 5 minutes to install now.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”