Notify Admin on Registration

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
User avatar
iyeru42
Registered User
Posts: 1120
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:22 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by iyeru42 »

Crelby1 wrote:Hi!
Tried to use your MOD to email about new reports (report.php), but exped a problem.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /forum/report.php on line 161

line 161:
$messenger->template('admin_notify_registered', $row['user_lang']);

Have you any idea about that?

Thanks in advance! :)
What kind of editor did you use to edit the files?
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."
ameeck
Former Team Member
Posts: 6559
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:57 pm

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by ameeck »

Well, the MOD isn't intended to be used this way and I don't have a more wider idea of what you have done and edited. I suggest you create a topic in the MOD Writer's Disussion with your current source code and the error; I would rather try to solve it in another topic than this one.
User avatar
iyeru42
Registered User
Posts: 1120
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:22 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by iyeru42 »

ameeck wrote:Well, the MOD isn't intended to be used this way and I don't have a more wider idea of what you have done and edited. I suggest you create a topic in the MOD Writer's Disussion with your current source code and the error; I would rather try to solve it in another topic than this one.
The error "Call to a member function on a non-object" stems from one of the following problems:
  • UNIX File turned into a Windows File (Just by hitting enter in a windows editor causes the change)
  • The function was not a member of the superclass ( IE: $user->function(); ) where function() is the problem.
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."
ameeck
Former Team Member
Posts: 6559
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:57 pm

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by ameeck »

In most cases the error is thrown because the class hasn't been initalized :)
Crelby1
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by Crelby1 »

iyeru42 wrote:What kind of editor did you use to edit the files?
Edit Plus.
However, after editing with it other files there was no problem.
johnj7l
Registered User
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:52 pm

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by johnj7l »

The Op said he was goign to ad a feature while back to :

turn this mod off without having to redit files??

Didi you yet?
ameeck
Former Team Member
Posts: 6559
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:57 pm

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by ameeck »

johnj7l wrote:The Op said he was goign to ad a feature while back to :

turn this mod off without having to redit files??

Didi you yet?
I'm sorry, but time is pressing me a bit and I don't have a chance to get to this. If I say a term add a month or so,… I'll try to do what I can.
Crelby1
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by Crelby1 »

iyeru42 wrote:The error "Call to a member function on a non-object" stems from one of the following problems:
  • UNIX File turned into a Windows File (Just by hitting enter in a windows editor causes the change)
  • The function was not a member of the superclass ( IE: $user->function(); ) where function() is the problem.
Your answer gave me idea, so its OK now.
Thank you.

For All.
Actually, this MOD possible to use in a different cases of email notifications on forum. With minimal edition :)
User avatar
iyeru42
Registered User
Posts: 1120
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:22 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by iyeru42 »

Crelby1 wrote:
iyeru42 wrote:The error "Call to a member function on a non-object" stems from one of the following problems:
  • UNIX File turned into a Windows File (Just by hitting enter in a windows editor causes the change)
  • The function was not a member of the superclass ( IE: $user->function(); ) where function() is the problem.
Your answer gave me idea, so its OK now.
Thank you.

For All.
Actually, this MOD possible to use in a different cases of email notifications on forum. With minimal edition :)
Actually, manually editing is the BEST way to install a modification. Automatic Editing is never a good way to do it.
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."
User avatar
nhseacoast
Registered User
Posts: 625
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:31 pm
Location: NH, USA
Contact:

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by nhseacoast »

Will this mod work on the latest version 3.0.0?
http://nhgunforum.com phpBB v3.2.1
http://wtprise.org phpBB v3.3.2
ameeck
Former Team Member
Posts: 6559
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:57 pm

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by ameeck »

Yes, it should work just fine :)
User avatar
skletzi
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:16 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by skletzi »

nhseacoast wrote:Will this mod work on the latest version 3.0.0?
Yes, it works. I installed it in my board today an it works fine!
Great Mod, but why can`t i upload here anything within my Post? I could give you the German Translation...
shadyy510
Registered User
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:06 am

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by shadyy510 »

Thank you for making this mod... works great on Version 3.0.0, Released 2007-12-13.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Blazer870
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:29 pm

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by Blazer870 »

can you make your mod compatible with this one, please? ---> MOD Version Check
lfitzhugh
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:43 am

does it do multiple fields?

Post by lfitzhugh »

sorry, i looked through all four pages but i could have missed this-- which fields does it email to admin? all the registration fields? because if it is just the username and email, admin already gets that. thanks for your help with this info. laurel
Post Reply

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”