Notify Admin on Registration

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Mario_AU

Re: Notify Admin on Registration

Post by Mario_AU »

this is more a general question, but will this mod and others get implemented in the next release of the board software ? is there a list i can view that has what the next definite features added to the next release of phpbb ??

and pardon me, isn't in curious why some of these mods are not in the software to begin with ??? very strange!! conspiracy ?

and thanks, installing now...
johnj7l

Post by johnj7l »

Mario_AU wrote:this is more a general question, but will this mod and others get implemented in the next release of the board software ? is there a list i can view that has what the next definite features added to the next release of phpbb ??

and pardon me, isn't in curious why some of these mods are not in the software to begin with ??? very strange!! conspiracy ?

and thanks, installing now...

Yo must be kindding me... !! conspiracy ?

Do you sleep with one eye open and keep a tight chain on your spouse?
daxdavis

Post by daxdavis »

Is there a way to include Custom profile fields in the email? I have added several fields and would love to have them emailed to me when a user registers.

Dax
hazreen

Post by hazreen »

Hello there,

I've downloaded this mod and installed on phpBB 3.0.0 and followed the instruction but nothing happen.
Is it to configure Contact e-mail address and Return e-mail address in Admin E-mail settings?

Could someone please give a detail instructions to me? :cry:
geeklife

Post by geeklife »

How about sending a PM to Admin when a new user registers. If Admin are logged in (we are most often) a PM would be faster than having to keep our email programs open. :D
hazreen

Post by hazreen »

finally i figured it.
thanks.. :mrgreen:
darylt

Post by darylt »

hazreen

What did you do.

I too am having the same problem.

MOD installed, but no email recieved!!!
geeklife

Post by geeklife »

geeklife wrote:How about sending a PM to Admin when a new user registers. If Admin are logged in (we are most often) a PM would be faster than having to keep our email programs open. :D

Any idaes on this? Thanks.
johnj7l

Post by johnj7l »

geeklife wrote:
geeklife wrote:How about sending a PM to Admin when a new user registers. If Admin are logged in (we are most often) a PM would be faster than having to keep our email programs open. :D

Any idaes on this? Thanks.

I would think email would be better, if your online all you have to do is see who is your last register user.
hazreen

Post by hazreen »

dear my friend darylt and geeklife,

When a new user registered, u should have receive an email. I mean e-mail address in your User Control Panel. NOT e-mail from Administration Control Panel.

U got it what i mean. Sorry for my bad language. :lol:
Anyway, make sure you followed the instruction exactly.
darylt

Post by darylt »

I am sorry but I don't know what you mean.

I have not recieved an email sent to me or a PM sent to me when a new person signs up.
geeklife

Post by geeklife »

hazreen wrote:dear my friend darylt and geeklife,

When a new user registered, u should have receive an email. I mean e-mail address in your User Control Panel. NOT e-mail from Administration Control Panel.

U got it what i mean. Sorry for my bad language. :lol:
Anyway, make sure you followed the instruction exactly.
I know what you mean. Thank you. :D

I would think email would be better, if your online all you have to do is see who is your last register user
Email is fine, but if we are on the main forum I think it would be easier to be notified while we are browsing the forums, then we can go to the ACP to activate new users. Why have your email program open all time waiting on an email notification of a new user registration (we do get the emails)? If my email program checks mail every 15-30 mins, I think having a PM notification of a new registration would be much faster if I am browsing the forums.

There is another board out there (XMB) that uses that function. Both email notification and PM notification. In the PM notification there is a link to go activate the new user. When that link is opened you are at a confirmation screen to approve such user. In our case the link would take you to the ACP screen to activate user.

Just my thought on that.
darylt

Post by darylt »

hazreen wrote:When a new user registered, u should have receive an email. I mean e-mail address in your User Control Panel. NOT e-mail from Administration Control Panel.
Do you mean a PM?

Still haven't been sent one of those either!
hazreen

Post by hazreen »

geeklife wrote:
Email is fine, but if we are on the main forum I think it would be easier to be notified while we are browsing the forums, then we can go to the ACP to activate new users. Why have your email program open all time waiting on an email notification of a new user registration (we do get the emails)? If my email program checks mail every 15-30 mins, I think having a PM notification of a new registration would be much faster if I am browsing the forums.

There is another board out there (XMB) that uses that function. Both email notification and PM notification. In the PM notification there is a link to go activate the new user. When that link is opened you are at a confirmation screen to approve such user. In our case the link would take you to the ACP screen to activate user.

Just my thought on that.
geeklife,

I think you right, notify using PM much better and faster but at this time, i never get via PM and i don't know whats wrong with my code. I followed the instruction installation 5 times but still can't receive notify via PM.

Btw, i don't make activate the new user by admin. I make the user must activate by the links in their email. Anyway, if you can get the notify via PM, let me know please :mrgreen:
daxdavis

Post by daxdavis »

daxdavis wrote:Is there a way to include Custom profile fields in the email? I have added several fields and would love to have them emailed to me when a user registers.
Any thoughts on this?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”