[ABD] Lexicon / Acronym MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
JerryEvo

Re: [ALPHA] Lexicon / Acronym MOD

Post by JerryEvo »

AgeOfStrife wrote:

Code: Select all

$firstspace = (!$config['allow_acronym_in_words'] || substr($row['acronym'], 0, 1) == ' ') ? '[^\w\x{00C0}-\x{0259}](': '[^\W_0-9]*(';
        $lastspace = (!$config['allow_acronym_in_words'] || substr($row['acronym'], -1) == ' ') ? ')[^\w\x{00C0}-\x{0259}]' : ')[^\W_0-9]*';

$firstspace = (!$config['allow_acronym_in_words'] || substr($row['acronym'], 0, 1) == ' ') ? '[^\w\x{00C0}-\x{0259}](': '[^\W_0-9]*(';
        $lastspace = (!$config['allow_acronym_in_words'] || substr($row['acronym'], -1) == ' ') ? ')(?=[^\w\x{00C0}-\x{0259}])' : ')[^\W_0-9]*';
Both versions generate the following error:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_acronym.php on line 58: preg_replace_callback() [function.preg-replace-callback]: Compilation failed: character value in /x{...} sequence is too large at offset 20
AgeOfStrife

Post by AgeOfStrife »

Did you also make the change to $matchString to add the /u at the end of the string? Without out that the character codes will not be handled as UTF and so the message you see would be correct because the codes are too large for a non-UTF-8 character set.
Dan
Age of Strife owner
Greight

Post by Greight »

I have the same problem
It was started when I moved my forum to another host . Also I have changed its root. I mean it was in forum.x.x and now it's in X.X , if this makes any difference.
Greight

Post by Greight »

That error seemed to be from cache folder problems. Solved.
Now the problem is in here :
As u can see all my words are listed in one post where none of them are in that text!! :o

Please help
Last edited by Greight on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

Thanks for this mod :D
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
Greight

Post by Greight »

And now when I enable this mod from acp , vietopic pages are not shown , instead this error come up :
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.25 Server at  Port 80
What can I do ? Isn't here anyone to help me ?
Last edited by Greight on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
JerryEvo

Post by JerryEvo »

AgeOfStrife wrote:Did you also make the change to $matchString to add the /u at the end of the string? Without out that the character codes will not be handled as UTF and so the message you see would be correct because the codes are too large for a non-UTF-8 character set.
Thank you for this remark. I have forgoten this. Now with adding "u" after "i" in $matchString and modifying 2 others as it was written before works!
TomTom33

Post by TomTom33 »

Thanks for this mod!
MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn »

I installed this without a hitch. Added an entry and tested it out. The only way one can view the terms entered is by clicking "All". If I click "J", for example (the first letter of the term I entered into the mod), the entry doesn't appear.
DHMH

Post by DHMH »

Thank you for this mod, but i have a big problem.
Sometimes it doesnt work, first i must delete the cache, after that the mod works!
But i dont know when i must clear the cache, its random :( .
Why must i clear the cache that the mod is working properly ?

@the mod author:
Do you speak german? If yes, please read the text below:
Ich muss den Cache leeren, damit der mod funktioniert, warum ?
Heute kam ich online, ging der Mod nicht :( .
Was soll das ?
German Computerboard:
http://computerboard.eu
Highway311

Post by Highway311 »

DHMH wrote:Ich muss den Cache leeren, damit der mod funktioniert, warum ?
Bin nicht der Mod-Autor
Welcher Cache? Der vom Forum? Wenn ja, den muss man immer leeren, wenn man einen neuen Mod installiert hat!
Sorry for my bad English.

Live every day so as if it were your last day with the dear female students in this lovely world
DHMH

Post by DHMH »

Ja, den vom Forum, aber ich meine, ich muss ihn regelmäßig leeren, denn manchmal funktioniert der mod nicht, z.B. trage ich Test ein, aber dann ist Test ein ganz normales Wort, es ist aber nach dem Cache leeren anklickbar und es öffnet sich das kleine JavaScript Fenster mit der Erklärung...
Es liegt am Cache...
German Computerboard:
Highway311

Post by Highway311 »

Ich habe den Cache bei mir permanent deaktiviert: schau hier
Sorry for my bad English.

Live every day so as if it were your last day with the dear female students in this lovely world
reh

Post by reh »

Weil die Acronyme gecacht werden.
DHMH

Post by DHMH »

Also muss ich den Cache deaktivieren ?
German Computerboard:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”