You have no idea how happy I was to see this thread. I've been waiting for this to be ported. ^^ I actually used both WGEric's store mod and Zarath's shop mod for my various phpbb 2.0.x forums, so I'm pretty familiar with how they work. My forum members are really excited about a new shop/store system for 3.0, and we came up with a feature list. I'm reasonably confident that most of the features we thought of can be added into the store mod. Plus the store mod is such an awesome mod, and it deserves to be as awesome as possible. xP
Anyway, here's what we've got.
- first and foremost the store mod should be an option editable in the permission roles section. So basically, you can assign various users/moderators/administrators to be able to help work on the shop mod. After all, when you're dealing with hundreds of items being needed to be uploaded and added and managed into the shops, you really need some help from some other people. But at the same time, don't want to give them access to all of the admin panel. Since roles are now a part of phpbb, it seems like the perfect thing for the store mod.
- be able to organize items into collectible sets.
- be able to sell treasure boxes/goody bags where when you open them, you get multiple items, certain % chance of getting items, perhaps have it so that in the admin panel you can specify which items are possible for being in the goody bag.
- can give certain users/user groups items.
- limit total number of items that can be in existence.
- trade items with other members.
- limit the total number of items a user can have for sale in his shop.
- when a user opens up a new shop, they basically start a business.
- must pay a creation price for opening a new shop.
- user's can sell items currently in their inventory, and determine the price of the item.
- user's can also purchase a "creation" option which is part of the user shop system.
- - includes an upload utility for images.
- user can create new items.
- creation option costs certain amount to purchase.
- items that user's create are subject to a tax upon creation.
- all items sold in user's shop are subject to a sales tax based upon the price of the item.
- various tax rates are set up in the admin panel.
- User can also sell "shares" in his business.
- User can change the percentage investor's have on the return of their shares.
- Investors receive a certain percentage, based upon their shares, on a regular amount of time which is a setting.
- Investors also receive a discount on items sold in user's shop.
- If business is doing poorly, user can default and declare bankruptcy, his items will be seized and distributed among investors (investors can choose between having their portion be in coin or in items retrieved from business) Perhaps have something like the user cannot create another business for a certain period of time.
- Investors cannot own the business they invest in.
- user's shops/businesses are displayed on a ranking page of sorts. Basically the more popular/higher sales your shop has, the higher your ranking on the page.
- user's shops can grow into bigger shops, there are different levels of shops. (perhaps 3 at most? or could it be definable in the admin panel?)
hopefully you've played animal crossing, because I'm thinking of basically the way Nook's shop grows after a certain amount of money is passed through Nook's shop, either by items being bought or sold.
- so basically what would happen is the system would log all of your transactions, primarily sales, and after a certain amount was sold, your store would essentially level up. You could name the different levels in the admin panel.
- leveling up would allow you to hold more items in your shop for sale, and it would also place you at a higher ranking on the rankings page then other shop owner's who's shop was at a lower level than yours.
We also had a feature list for the Auctions as well.
The Browse Panel:
- - there you can see all current auctions in the auctions house
- select a specific item
- Bid or buyout the item you want
The Your Bids Panel:
- - there you will see all auctions you already have bidded on
- You will see there as well once you got outbid
- Bid/Buyout option is on this panel as well
The Your Auctions Panel:
- - create/cancel your auctions
- Set a starting price, the duration (max 72 hours) and pay the deposit
The Mail (Private Message), points and item system:
- - If one of your auctions expires (no bids), you will get a PM and your deposit back
- As soon another player buyouts your auction you will get a PM and the points and the item will be transfered to the winner
- As soon someone outbids you on an item you will get a PM and your points back
- As soon a auction expires that you have won you will get a PM and the item
- As soon another player cancels an auction you were interested in, you will get a PM and your points back
How is the deposit and next high bid calculated ?- Deposit = starting price * 0.002 * auction duration (rounded up with ceil)
- Next High Bid if bid placed = current_bid + (current_bid * 0.002) (rounded up with ceil)
- Next High Bid if no bid placed = starting price + (starting price * 0.002) (rounded up with ceil)
Incase you want to change the ratio, change all 0.002 in adr_auction.php
and adr_auction_body.tpl (java function) to whatever you want.
That basically means, the higher the starting price and duration, the higher
The higher the starting price, the higher will be the increment of bids
How bidding/buyout works:
- - you can't bid on your own auctions
- you can't bid if you don't have enough cash
- you can't buyout an item if the current bid is already higher/equal the buyout price
- you can't buyout your own auctions
Also, everytime someone visits the auction house, it checks first for expired auctions and does all the cash and item transfers.
In other words, this auction house works fully automatical, you don't have to worry and wait for payments like in other auction house systems.
Nobody can bid if he doesn't have the cash, his bid will be removed of his points and will be saved in the database.
Also perhaps some kinda feedback system, similar to the one on ebay.