[ABD] Profile comments/ Feedback/ Karma (1.6.6)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
mykee

Re: [RC3]Profile comments/ Feedback/ Karma (1.6.2)

Post by mykee »

And next fix for subsilver template!
Search this code in this mod:

Code: Select all

<tr> 
								     <td class="row1" width="50%"><b class="genmed">{L_NOTIFY_ON_COMMENT}:</b></td>
								     <td class="row2"><input type="radio" class="radio" name="notifypm" value="1"<!-- IF S_NOTIFY_COMMENT --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /><span class="genmed">{L_YES}</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="radio" class="radio" name="notifypm" value="0"<!-- IF not S_NOTIFY_COMMENT--> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /><span class="genmed">{L_NO}</span></td>
							     </tr>
And replace with this:

Code: Select all

<tr> 
								     <td class="row1" width="50%"><b class="genmed">{L_NOTIFY_ON_COMMENT}:</b></td>
								     <td class="row2"><input type="radio" class="radio" name="notifycomment" value="1"<!-- IF S_NOTIFY_COMMENT --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /><span class="genmed">{L_YES}</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="radio" class="radio" name="notifycomment" value="0"<!-- IF not S_NOTIFY_COMMENT--> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /><span class="genmed">{L_NO}</span></td>
							     </tr>
Bad link to notifycomment in original code (was link to notifypm)

Ģermans

Post by Ģermans »

I have problem - i cant add module in acp.
In ACP -> System ->MODULE MANAGEMENT ->Administration Control Panel i dont have ACP_PC_SETTINGS/ Profile comments settings
:cry:

janmyszkier

Post by janmyszkier »

ok people i'm back from 3 week absence!

Germans: find 'Add module' part on the given page - then select the proper phrase from drop-down box. then, add module. it should be ok. it has to be there, install file is ok ;)

regarding 1.5.5 - yes, some files were'nt edited since 1.5.5 release, so i havent edited versions in them either, will chenge them when everythings ok, dont tell me to change numbers - i dont have enough willpower to do it now ;)

mykee, thank you for subsilver fixes, will apply them this evening.
will also try to look on everything you all have posted and fix it. especially user 'elet' problem.

mykee

Post by mykee »

ÉLET problem fixed with profile_comments.php fix. ;) Old line no put username with UTF8 coding to my database, but my fix was solved.

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Does anyone have demo up? the one on the first post hast been locked for a week or since I've poked in here. screen shots maybe?

Ģermans

Post by Ģermans »

janmyszkier wrote: Germans: find 'Add module' part on the given page - then select the proper phrase from drop-down box. then, add module. it should be ok. it has to be there, install file is ok ;)
Nop, stiil dont have install in dropdown box. I cant install

janmyszkier

Post by janmyszkier »

mykee: hehe whoopsie, now you see it was hard enough to read and understand just after i was back ;) thank you for username fix aswell, will apply it in a moment.

Peter77sx: in the first post there is a link to demo board, thanks to john we have demo board up ;)

Ģermans: send me printscreen of where are you trying to add my module, will see what happened.

btw, i've sent the next/previous/blahblah fix to kevinroxx and waiting for his mail. also, i reuploaded 1.6.2 with fixes, again, thank you mykee.

Ģermans

Post by Ģermans »

I just dont have module in that list.

janmyszkier

Post by janmyszkier »

check if you have applied the instructions for all acp files. seems you haven't done it all.

hars

Post by hars »

anobody have a 1.6.2 demo board i can take a peek at?

InternetMafia

Post by InternetMafia »

Good job on the mod. I do have one minor complaint though. When my users get an email about comments it is titled "You've recieved a comment" Where do I fix the code to change spelling from "recieved" to "received"
Thanks in advance.

Oh and not really a complaint but is there a way to change the font size to a little bigger size when the user is viewing the comments?
Dangerous But Worth The Risk

janmyszkier

Post by janmyszkier »

language/en/mods/profilecomments.php

find proper line there ;)
'COMMENT_EMAIL_SUBJECT' => 'You\'ve recieved a comment',

bigger fonts can be achieved by modifying the template of course

Nitta

Post by Nitta »

sekaianime.com/forums
try on any member
the comment is added but with no redirect after profile_comments.php

Paul Cavanaugh

Post by Paul Cavanaugh »

I had a couple of issues with this mod, if anyone would mind helping :oops:

For one, it kept getting clashes saying could not edit header information or something, I deleted the clash though, so that is gone, but now when I click post a comment it goes to profile_comments.php but it is a blank page :oops:

if someone could please help, that would be awesome

Thank You

janmyszkier

Post by janmyszkier »

if you tried editing any files you propably saved them with BOM, which results in seeing the header info,

also, you could make a bad move somewhere while following install instructions, especially when you don't see profile_comments.php file in your browser. check if it is in your forum root directory.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”