[ABD] Post Bot Mod - New Version 1.0.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
HEADLINE

Re: [RC] Post Bot Mod - New Version 1.0.2

Post by HEADLINE »

poppertom69 wrote:This has been fixed locally!
The specified fix ( here ), however, brings no solution!?
Gazanimal

Post by Gazanimal »

Is this still working with 3.0.7-PL1 ?

I've re-installed the mod but I can't get it to work. It was working prior to 3.0.7 as my board was 3.0.6 to begin with.

It's just not posting anything. Even the welcome messages aren't working, when they used to.

topspeeds

Post by topspeeds »

possibility to stick the post bot to one forum just like with registration now it can post everywhere which is not my intention :p

and when the action is post in topic the make also that you have first to choose the forum and then the topic as the topic list is now long very long

http://methoo.com
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

I'm using the openID Mod as well as this, and when people register via openid the bot does not make a welcome post. Could I get your help to make it work? I can do all of the programming if you could just point me to the right direction as to what file might need to be effected or what code I might need to add to the openID mod when someone successfully registers.
kevinaf

Post by kevinaf »

kevinaf wrote:
kevinaf wrote:Hello guys,

I installed the mod but i don't use a standard style. Ik get an error that the overall_header.html from the style prosilver was missing :roll: i don't have that style installed on my board but my own style.

Is there in the files somewhere a setting for the to use style? I have solved it quickly by making a folder prosilver/template and put into that only the overall_header.html from my style and that works well, but that's not a nice solution for the future. I hope someone can help me out with this one.
Could you please give us the changes to fix this bug? I really want to delete the uneaded prosilver overall_header.html
Anybody knows how to work around for the problem that the mod is searhing for the overall_header,html in the style prosilver? i don't use that style.
Sarrene
Name: Sarrene Grant

Post by Sarrene »

I am curious about this also. I would love to get this working as it is something I have been looking for since i left smf several years ago.

Anyone have any news? this is a great mod. I would love to be able to get it to work just like others here.

:D Thank you for the hard work and time put in already. Hope to hear from someone soon.

Peace,
Sarrene'
poppertom69
Name: Tom Martin

Post by poppertom69 »

MasterZ wrote:I'm using the openID Mod as well as this, and when people register via openid the bot does not make a welcome post. Could I get your help to make it work? I can do all of the programming if you could just point me to the right direction as to what file might need to be effected or what code I might need to add to the openID mod when someone successfully registers.
It shouldn't matter, the welcome post is done on first login. if this doesn't work please let me know.

coding will be started on this again soon, a few things I am looking at changing, but think they are going to wait for the next big release I'm just going to get this mod fixed of bugs then get it in the modb before I rework the new code etc
Do one thing everyday, that scares you!
Sarrene

Post by Sarrene »

I use jomsocial for registration and jfusion for my "bridge". Could this effect the post also? Or just the same unknown issue as others have?

I thank you for the time you have spent on this. I understand the hard work and time that goes into development. Hopefully we can get this working for those of us using other forms of registration then phpbb3's default. This is the one mod I have been searching for for a few years and I was and still am very happy to see someone like you working on this. Thank you.

Peace,
Sarrene'
poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 »

No the code to call the script lies in includes/functions.php, this code could therefore be copied into your reg script.
Sarrene

Post by Sarrene »

Okay, cool...

Just so I understand, I would go ahead and copy the script that is placed in phpbb3/includes/functions.php and put it inside my jomsocial registration?

I will give that a try if i am understanding this correctly. Thank you for the tip and any others you might have. Once I get done with all my backups and updates, I will give that a try and let you know how it worked out and where I might possibly have messed up.

Peace,
Sarrene'
poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 »

dont copy the code directly if you probaly need a bit of tweaking to work outside of phpbb, if you send me a copy of the reg page you use, the php side and i will look at it for you!
Sarrene

Post by Sarrene »

Okay boss, and Thank you so much! I will do that but give me a few hours. I am still making backups from my site (five domains currently) and then have an appointment this afternoon. But once I get back I will send that file.

I think this is great and can actually help out others as well that might have the same set up as I do. I know many do. Though I am not sure how many would want this mod. But I can surely spread the word.

How do you want me to send the file? Via email or pm, or just post up here?

Peace,
Sarrene'
poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 »

pm will be fine
Sarrene

Post by Sarrene »

Okay, thank you so much! I am about half way done with my backups. I am a wee bit of a stickler for liking to have a backup on my own system and a hard copy. So I should be done by the time I get back from my appointment this afternoon.

Ill send you a PM and post up when I get back and get started on this next project.

Once more, you will probably get tired of me saying this... Thank you so much!

Peace,
Sarrene'
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

poppertom69 wrote:
MasterZ wrote:I'm using the openID Mod as well as this, and when people register via openid the bot does not make a welcome post. Could I get your help to make it work? I can do all of the programming if you could just point me to the right direction as to what file might need to be effected or what code I might need to add to the openID mod when someone successfully registers.
It shouldn't matter, the welcome post is done on first login. if this doesn't work please let me know.

coding will be started on this again soon, a few things I am looking at changing, but think they are going to wait for the next big release I'm just going to get this mod fixed of bugs then get it in the modb before I rework the new code etc
Thank you very much for this reply. I do not think this worked on my site http://jonzenor.com/phpBB3. Although there have only been a couple of people that registered so there has not been a huge amount of test data... I'll let you know when I know more. Thank you. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”