[ABD] Post Bot Mod - New Version 1.0.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
poppertom69
Name: Tom Martin

Re: [Beta] Post Bot Mod

Post by poppertom69 »

ok i'll repackage with an update for you!
Do one thing everyday, that scares you!
poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 »

Repackaged to include the update script for everyone!
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

poppertom69 wrote:Repackaged to include the update script for everyone!
Cheers, much appreciated :D Will go and have a look now.
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Ok just ran update script and got this error:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Duplicate entry 'post_bot_version' for key 1 [1062]

SQL

INSERT INTO POST_BOT_TABLE (post_bot_config, post_bot_value) VALUES ('post_bot_version', '0.3.2')

BACKTRACE
:lol: :lol: :lol:
poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 »

that means it is all installed have a look!
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Ok sure enough the ACP module is working now, yay!

Have come across a hiccup though, I have just entered a welcome message for the welcome bot, but when submitting I get the following error message:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't hesitate to post in our [url=http://www.theparentingsanctuary.net/phpbb3/viewf' at line 1 [1064]

SQL

UPDATE POST_BOT_TABLE SET post_bot_value = 'Hello {USERNAME}! *rest of welcome message* Regards, The TPS Team :)' WHERE post_bot_config = 'welcome_message'

BACKTRACE
I was not sure if there was any new edits to make to files, I overlooked it all in the new install file and it looked the same? Please correct me if i am wrong, though.

Sorry for flooding you with all these negative error messages btw, I really love this MOD and can't wait to get it working :D Hoping that my posts will help to iron out any and all bugs for you :)
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Ok apparently it doesn't like apostrophes being used in the welcome messages :lol:

So my next question is, is the anonymous bot able to be set so that it can only be used in a specific forum/section? :D Same as how the Welcome bot can be set for a welcome section, but anonymous bot can be used in a section especially for anonymous posts iykwim?
seamusryan

Post by seamusryan »

poppertom69 wrote: Automatically posts when it is someone birthday.
Now THIS idea i like! I have been looking for something to to just this!
poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 »

RedTrinity wrote:Ok apparently it doesn't like apostrophes being used in the welcome messages :lol:

So my next question is, is the anonymous bot able to be set so that it can only be used in a specific forum/section? :D Same as how the Welcome bot can be set for a welcome section, but anonymous bot can be used in a section especially for anonymous posts iykwim?
Yes this is possible it was an original feature bu i replaced it with the old one the next release will include an option to select between the two.

did you get it all working in the end?
poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 »

seamusryan wrote:
poppertom69 wrote: Automatically posts when it is someone birthday.
Now THIS idea i like! I have been looking for something to to just this!
This will be in the next release the code is already to use but just got a couple of other features to add!
notsa

Post by notsa »

thaniks nice one :)
Last edited by notsa on Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

poppertom69 wrote:
Yes this is possible it was an original feature bu i replaced it with the old one the next release will include an option to select between the two.

did you get it all working in the end?
Not too sure yet, have just been on holiday for the last 3 weeks and just returned home this morning - so havent had a chance to properly test it since installing it late last night.

Will let you know however, have a nap on my mind atm (have been on the road for 5 hours since 5am lol) but once i get back online I will test it thoroughly and let you know how it goes.

Cheers :D
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Ok have been testing this out and having a couple of strange issues.

Firstly, I attempted to create a new topic in the admin only section using the anonymous account (via the dropdown menus). However apon result of post page, it returned me to an existing thread in a completely different section - with what was supposed to be the new topic in admin section, as a post added on the end of that thread?

It also created the topic in the admin section as well (where it was supposed to), however when you click to access it, it reports the following... "The requested topic does not exist.".

Otherwise I have tested it in general areas and it appears to work normally with those, so it looks like a bug with sections which have certain permissions (in this case it was admin only forum access). Will continue to test further!

Also had a once-off issue with default usergroups changing for admin & moderators whilst testing this MOD (I have the autogroups MOD installed so may be related) but have been unable to recreate this incident since it first happened, so will have to let you know about that one if and when it happens again.
user99

Post by user99 »

Just few questions to those used this mod :)

- Is it possible to include custom profile field inside the message text?
- Is it possible to include custom profile field inside the subject text?
- Do custom profile field gets updated in the "welcome message" when user changes those fields.
- Do BBcode work inside this "welcome message"

- Do we have possibility to predefine the forum in which "welcome message" will be posted? Can some conditions be added based on value of particular custom profile field.
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

user99 wrote:Just few questions to those used this mod :)

- Is it possible to include custom profile field inside the message text?
- Is it possible to include custom profile field inside the subject text?
- Do custom profile field gets updated in the "welcome message" when user changes those fields.
- Do BBcode work inside this "welcome message"

- Do we have possibility to predefine the forum in which "welcome message" will be posted? Can some conditions be added based on value of particular custom profile field.
BB Code works in the welcome message, and yes you can predefine which forum the welcome posts are automatically added to.

Not sure on the custom fields though, sorry. I don't believe at present that they are features but the author will have to confirm that.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”