[ABD] Topic Preview 0.5.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Cleori

Re: [BETA] Topic Preview 0.5.4

Post by Cleori »

Found another little issue:

This is the correct section of install.xml

Code: Select all

<open src="language/en/acp/common.php">
      <edit>
        <find>?></find>

<action type="before-add">
//----------------- Topic Preview
$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
        'ACP_TOPIC_PREVIEW'             	=> 'Topic Preview',
        'ACP_TOPIC_PREVIEW_CONFIG_UPDATED'  => 'Topic Preview Configuration Updated',

));
//----------------- Topic Preview
	</action>
      </edit>
    </open>
ACP_TOPIC_PREVIEW_CONFIG_UPDATED was used, but not declared here (in the original topic_preview.zip file)

thehawke

Post by thehawke »

Just installed this on my test site but I see nothing either in the ACP or UCP that lets me configure it. Its as if I didn't just spend 20 minutes changing all the files. Yes, I purged my cache but that didn't seem to help either. I just went thru and checked all the code to make sure I didn't place any of it where it doesn't belong. According to the instructions, everything is set properly.

Any clues as to what could be going on?

OOPS had to enable it in ACP to show up at all. So, I enabled it but just get a blank preview box when hovering.

clight77

Post by clight77 »

thehawke wrote:Just installed this on my test site but I see nothing either in the ACP or UCP that lets me configure it. Its as if I didn't just spend 20 minutes changing all the files. Yes, I purged my cache but that didn't seem to help either. I just went thru and checked all the code to make sure I didn't place any of it where it doesn't belong. According to the instructions, everything is set properly.

Any clues as to what could be going on?

OOPS had to enable it in ACP to show up at all. So, I enabled it but just get a blank preview box when hovering.
Look here for that fix:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p3896885
I Follow Up On My Posts.
So Should Everybody...

thehawke

Post by thehawke »

Nope, tried that fix and still get a completely blank box. Not even .... Just completely blank.

yais

Post by yais »

demo board not working.

can you post new demo.

KellyBean

Post by KellyBean »

Okay... anyone want to summarize all the changes for a noob? :lol: I installed this as-is and can't get it to work... I'm having the same "..." issue. I went back and tried a couple of the fixes but either they're contradicting each other or I'm missing something (which is entirely possible :oops: ). My users really miss this feature from phpBB2 and I think once I get it working it'll be perfect. I really like that it can be turned on/off in the UCP! Thanks in advance for the help.
My Forum | My Design/How-to Site
Need help MODing or customizing your site? I can do it for a very reasonable fee. Contact me!

johnfosteruk

Post by johnfosteruk »

is there any word on the flashy ony offy bit that happens in ie yet guys?

ttuu

Post by ttuu »

hii.

i install this mode an preview is not work. always i see the preview box and always its not work generally.
also whan is work i see big box. and inside the box i see 5-10 letter (i configer to 20 letter limit in the ACP)
look the picther (the site in hebrew lang):
http://www.enativ.com/forum/download/1.jpg

i very happy if somebody cen help me

thanks

pgarvin76

Post by pgarvin76 »

I PM'd the OP asking if it was OK if I posted up a revision since he hasn't had the time. But he hasn't visited the board since Jan 23. So here is my version of the MOD. All the changes mentioned in the last few pages are incorporated. Please note that I changed the look of the popup. I didn't like it looking just like the forum list.

Edit: I have taken over development of this mod. Please see the new development thread for the latest code.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=794905
Last edited by pgarvin76 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

KellyBean

Post by KellyBean »

Thanks for taking the time to take this on!!

However, I'm running into a problem... When I make the edits to viewforum_body.html, I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /var/www/html/mo/mommy-zone.com/phpBB3/includes/template.php(175) : eval()'d code on line 96
Which is weird in and of itself because there were no edits to template.php. I restored the backups for viewforum_body.html and everything is fine. Any insight? Thanks! :)
Need help MODing or customizing your site? I can do it for a very reasonable fee. Contact me!

pgarvin76

Post by pgarvin76 »

Sorry. I made a typo in the code to modify viewforum_body.html.

Add before:

<-- IF S_TOPIC_PREVIEW --><!-- INCLUDE topic_preview.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
Should read:

<!-- IF S_TOPIC_PREVIEW --><!-- INCLUDE topic_preview.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
One ! was missing.

FYI: If you see an error in template.php where it mentiones "eval'd code" that is a problem with the syntax of the template.

I'll try to update the install file on my website tonight.

KellyBean

Post by KellyBean »

Yay!! It worked! I'm :oops: that I didn't pick up that missing ! myself. Shame on me for installing a mod with two toddlers running around. :D

One minor question... not a big deal I was just curious... what are these little parenthesis for:

I figure I won't know unless I ask, right? :D

Thanks again for this!

KellyBean

Post by KellyBean »

Another question for you if you don't mind... see in the above example that the smilies aren't showing up in the preview? I wonder if I missed something else because I have Show BBCode/Smilies/etc. set to "Yes" in the ACP.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

pgarvin76

Post by pgarvin76 »

KellyBean wrote:I'm :oops: that I didn't pick up that missing ! myself.
Took me a while to figure out what was wrong first time I got that "eval'd" error.
KellyBean wrote:One minor question... not a big deal I was just curious... what are these little parenthesis for:

I figure I won't know unless I ask, right? :D
There is supposed to be the "alternate text" for the topic link inside those parenthesis. I think I know why it's not working. The orig author commented out the code to generate that "alternate text" so it wouldn't clash with the preview box. In the install file it tells you to open up includes/functions_display.php and comment out a line. Remove that comment and see what happens.
KellyBean wrote:Thanks again for this!
No prob.

pgarvin76

Post by pgarvin76 »

KellyBean wrote:Another question for you if you don't mind... see in the above example that the smilies aren't showing up in the preview? I wonder if I missed something else because I have Show BBCode/Smilies/etc. set to "Yes" in the ACP.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
If you go back to the first post you'll see that the OP put displaying smilies & bbcodes on his roadmap. But they are not done. I guess he put those options in the ACP as placeholders. They do nothing.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”