[ABD] Topic Preview 0.5.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
fryed_1

Re: [BETA] Topic Preview 0.5.3

Post by fryed_1 »

Try putting this in it's place for testing

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_TOPIC_PREVIEW -->Enabled!<!-- ELSE -->Disabled!<!-- ENDIF -->
If you see enabled/disabled, then it's working and it's not pulling topic_preview.html in correctly.

If you don't see either, then something is wrong with your install.

sputnick

Post by sputnick »

i never get that install in ACP, is it cuz i installed 0.5.2 it is the same1

fryed_1

Post by fryed_1 »

That line is in a different place in 0.5.2 than 0.5.3. Put 0.5.3 on and you should see it.

Like I said, if you made the test mod above, it will show Enabled or Disabled (depending on what it's set in ACP) just above the first topic. If you see it, then the switch is working and you need to check to make sure topic_preview.html is in the right place and readable (check perms?). If you can't see either, then something is wrong in either viewforum.php or includes/functions.php.

amiava

Post by amiava »

Hi,

Tried the 0.5.3 but still cant get it to work.
Fryed1, in the xml file in includes/functions.php instructions you mentioned the changes b ut did not mention what is it Add after or before.
Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

Code: Select All
'S_USER_LOGGED_IN' => ($user->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS) ? true : false,

Code: Select All
//----------------- Topic Preview
'S_TOPIC_PREVIEW' => $topic_preview,
//----------------- Topic Preview

Thx

fryed_1

Post by fryed_1 »

Sorry fixed in the next update. Either or, doesn't matter, but I think mine is after.

sputnick

Post by sputnick »

i installed it again and now i have topic showing up in a small box, but not the topic preview

sputnick

Post by sputnick »

how do i remove these topic title attributes?

fryed_1

Post by fryed_1 »

What do you mean the topic is showing in the box but not the topic preview?

What title attribute do you mean?

sputnick

Post by sputnick »

I mean that the topic title is showing in a small box just above the topic. Thought that i should remove the topic title attributes like its said in install.xml:

You may need to remove title attributes if they are showing up over the preview.!

fryed_1

Re: [BETA] Topic Preview 0.5.4

Post by fryed_1 »

0.5.4 uploaded. Let me know if I missed anything.

fryed_1

Post by fryed_1 »

sputnick wrote:I mean that the topic title is showing in a small box just above the topic. Thought that i should remove the topic title attributes like its said in install.xml:

You may need to remove title attributes if they are showing up over the preview.!
If you're talking about when it says "no new posts" or "new posts" when you hover over (pre-topic preview mod), then yes, in functions_display.php you should comment out the line. Eventually when it nears release, I'll put a switch in there to display them if topic preview is turned off.

plazm

Post by plazm »

*UPDATE* Re-uploaded the original RC8 /language/en/ucp.php and /language/en/acp/common.php files and these issues are not showing up anymore. Obviously the mod does not work without these changes, but hopefully this information helps in troubleshooting.

Just updated my forum to RC8 and had a previous version of this mod installed. I was running RC3 of phpBB3 and I just did a full update. I am installing this mod first and after making the changes I am seeing the following error upon logging into the ACP:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3436: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3438: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3439: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3440: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)

The code at those lines is:

Code: Select all

// application/xhtml+xml not used because of IE
	header('Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8'); //Line 3436

header('Cache-Control: private, no-cache="set-cookie"');
	header('Expires: 0');
	header('Pragma: no-cache');

return;
}
The errors aren't really an issue until I try to log into the ACP. I get the ACP redirect page, then once it redirects i get the "Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions" page.

Not sure if this is a possible RC8 issue or if I need to be looking in the /language/en/acp/common.php file. I've gone through and rechecked the install and didn't see any errors, but I'll check again. TIA for the help and the most requested MOD on my site :)

fryed_1

Post by fryed_1 »

I hadn't realized RC8 was out for download. I'll try to install RC8 on my test site sometime next week and see if everything works the same.

fryed_1

Post by fryed_1 »

Your error doesn't appear to have anything to do with my mod. I've just updated my own test site to RC8, and did a clean install of the mod to a clean RC8 package and both worked fine.

plazm

Post by plazm »

fryed_1 wrote:Your error doesn't appear to have anything to do with my mod. I've just updated my own test site to RC8, and did a clean install of the mod to a clean RC8 package and both worked fine.
Ok, great. Thanks for the confirmation. I'll get back to the drawing board. Thank you!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”