[ABD] Topic Preview 0.5.4

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ghettowboy

Re: [BETA] Topic Preview 0.5.4

Post by ghettowboy »

plazm wrote:*UPDATE* Re-uploaded the original RC8 /language/en/ucp.php and /language/en/acp/common.php files and these issues are not showing up anymore. Obviously the mod does not work without these changes, but hopefully this information helps in troubleshooting.

Just updated my forum to RC8 and had a previous version of this mod installed. I was running RC3 of phpBB3 and I just did a full update. I am installing this mod first and after making the changes I am seeing the following error upon logging into the ACP:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3436: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3438: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3439: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3440: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)

The code at those lines is:

Code: Select all

// application/xhtml+xml not used because of IE
	header('Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8'); //Line 3436

header('Cache-Control: private, no-cache="set-cookie"');
	header('Expires: 0');
	header('Pragma: no-cache');

return;
}
The errors aren't really an issue until I try to log into the ACP. I get the ACP redirect page, then once it redirects i get the "Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions" page.

Not sure if this is a possible RC8 issue or if I need to be looking in the /language/en/acp/common.php file. I've gone through and rechecked the install and didn't see any errors, but I'll check again. TIA for the help and the most requested MOD on my site :)
seen errors like that all the time... usually it means that the editor added extra spaces or maybe some junk characters at the begining of the php file... there are many examples and posts on this... all it takes is to learn how to use the search feature... ;)

try using a different editor...

plazm

Post by plazm »

ghettowboy wrote:seen errors like that all the time... usually it means that the editor added extra spaces or maybe some junk characters at the begining of the php file... there are many examples and posts on this... all it takes is to learn how to use the search feature... ;)

try using a different editor...
What's search? :mrgreen:

nouveau

Post by nouveau »

can this mod be turned off by the individual user if they do not want to see the preview?
Formerly known as xceler8shun

plazm

Post by plazm »

xceler8shun wrote:can this mod be turned off by the individual user if they do not want to see the preview?
Yes if you enable the option in the ACP to turn on the selecting Yes/No option in the UCP. Read back in the thread and it explains the details if you need them.

fryed_1

Post by fryed_1 »

That's correct.

Admin can turn it on or off globally from ACP.

Admin can decide if the users get to turn it on or off for themselves in their personal UCP

Admin can turn it on or off for bots and/or guests from ACP.

Right now, it doesn't work on the search pages, I'm working on a fix for that one and it will have the same options with admin being able to turn on/off from ACP and users will be able to decide individually as well.

clight77

Post by clight77 »

I get the preview box but no text is visable, using phpbb3 gold and prosilver ?

I have redone viewforum.php 3 times and no change.
Have also purged cache.

I Follow Up On My Posts.
So Should Everybody...

amiava

Post by amiava »

Will try it on Phpbb3 gold. Could not get the earlier version working.

Sr X

Post by Sr X »

Code install.xml needs to be fixed because it have not the attribute <! [CDATA [...]]>

Code: Select all

<! [CDATA [... code word, PHP, etc. ...]]> 
for this many users install this mod wrong.

one question, how set the mod to that the default user option will be "enable topic preview"?
thanks.

*Capmaster*

Post by *Capmaster* »

Dead link.

Sr X

Post by Sr X »

is possible set this mod from ACP to that this mod work only in any forums and not in all forums? (difficult true?) uhmmm so perhaps this do less queries... :?:

clight77

Post by clight77 »

Hi
Has anyone got this to work in phpb3 gold ?

I am still getting just a blank box, i have installed this mod 4 times and still no go.

Thanks
I Follow Up On My Posts.
So Should Everybody...

KidneyBoy

Post by KidneyBoy »

I'm anxious for a good working version for GOLD! Thanks for this MOD!

*CHEERS*

benyboi

Post by benyboi »

I have gold and it works :?

Sr X

Post by Sr X »

i have phpbb3 gold and work (with little problems) but because i know that the install.xml has any errors.
i think that the better is wait to the next version

Shadow of Wishes

Post by Shadow of Wishes »

Is there a way to make this little mod to print out a snapshot of a site (eg. if i put http://domain_name.com to see the site preview in that popup window, something like the one used by alexa.com when you submit a site).

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”