[ABD] Knowledge Base 0.2.14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
MydnyteSyn

Re: [BETA] Mini Knowledge Base

Post by MydnyteSyn »

Can someone help me correct the issue I posted a few posts above? The site it's being used on is about to go live and it'd be great to get this finished so information can be added to it.
MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn »

:cry: Hello?
g unit

Post by g unit »

hello, this mod looks great! But, I'm having a few issues...

1) When I click on an article from the KB index, everything works just fine. But, when I try to access an article from the sub-category view, it does not take me anywhere... that is, it just reloads the sub-category view. :?

2) When I am in the view article screen (kb_show.php) and I click on "View Info", I get the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/content/w/e/i/username/html/battlegrounds/forums/knowledge/kb_log.php on line 110

3) When I try to delete an article, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: delete_attachments() in /home/content/w/e/i/username/html/battlegrounds/forums/includes/functions_kb.php on line 705

I've got all the modules installed, ran all the SQL as prescribed in the install file, made all edits as I needed to, all permissions are set appropriately... I have no idea where to go from here...

Any ideas? :|

BTW, here's the installation of the KB... http://www.thebattlegroundsgaming.com/forums/knowledge/
The Pub Playin Killas is a DOD:S and COD:WaW Team.
g unit

Post by g unit »

anybody?
The Pub Playin Killas is a DOD:S and COD:WaW Team.
xxxgamer

Post by xxxgamer »

any chance this will be release for subsilver2 style?
Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon »

xxxgamer wrote:any chance this will be release for subsilver2 style?
When you view the directory /templates/subsilver2/template/kb/ you will see its also design for subsilver2 styles :)
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me for fair prices and good service!
pardesi

Post by pardesi »

i did all that was possible
edited permissions at the knowledge base tab bith individually and for groups permissiions
purged my cache n number of times still i don't get the link to posta new article :cry: :cry: :cry:
arukAdo

Post by arukAdo »

Not sure whats your problem, tough, until i understood you need a main and sub category to be able to add article, i was thinking it was a security problem, well it was not lol

You cant add an article it seem from a empty main (kinda logic after all...)

It was not so obvious to understand because the author forgot to mention you need to activate modules in acp (3) to create/manage categories ect...

This might not be the problem, just trying to help ;)

This is probably not the good place to ask for problems (seem php.de is more active...), but for myself i founded an anoying one, i cant use the attachment feature, they just dont display in article
Looked a bit in the code, there is an error about declaring delete function it seem (is why you get the error message when trying to delete, its not declared as a function :/ )
So i guess the attachment code is still very young and untested, will have to wait a bit more to have them realy working

g-unit : remove that delete attachment statement and you should be ok, for the rest im not sure

MydnyteSyn : basicly if you dont see the tabs in perms, something went wront in install, i see them OhO, double check your edits and files to update (including templates...), i use prosilver
xxxgamer

Post by xxxgamer »

hmmm.. so the delete function doesnt work yet?
arukAdo

Post by arukAdo »

I think it does work well, but he added the attachments feature on the last verion (.27), and the error occur since that (shame old versions are not accessible to compare :/ )

I believe he went a bit too fast, he call the delete attachment function, but its not declared :/ , so i guess its the problem

Removing this statement fixed the problem for me at least (functions_kb.php)

Code: Select all

//			delete_attachments('attach', $attachments, false);
Just comment it like this and it will not try to delete them (and dont make an error...)

You can delete attachments from acp or users ucp, it will work, in case your stuck with orphaned attachments

In my case, so far i could not manage to make attachments displaying in the article body (im dont think i made something wrong tough)
xxxgamer

Post by xxxgamer »

hmm I have a small problem that when I click on an article in a sub categorie it takes me to the knowledge base index. When I click on the "last post" it takes me to the topic.

Anyone know how to fix this?
pardesi

Post by pardesi »

i already have a maina nd sub category and edited all the persissions(individually and group wise) have activated the mod...still the post article tab doesn't show up :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
xxxgamer

Post by xxxgamer »

Ok I just noticed that the link to the topic from categorie works fine in "modern" mode. In "classic" the link to the posted topic doesnt work :S it just redirects me to the knowledge base index. Any ideas?

Cheers
arukAdo

Post by arukAdo »

I didnt saw any difference "visualy" between classic to modern, i just use modern and its fine lol

For the problem with creating new article i have no idea, when i got permissions i see the small link "add article", when i dont have them its hidded, seem to work good for me
Professional

Post by Professional »

i can't dl it.
can u plz give another link? :shock:
انجمن تخصصی نسل جدید موبایل ها
My Mobile Forum: M4P Forum
Every Thing That U Feel,Is Every Thing That I Feel.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”