[ABD] Knowledge Base 0.2.14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Bruno36
Name: bruno astie

Re: [BETA] Mini Knowledge Base 0.2.10

Post by Bruno36 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Bruno36 wrote:Hello!

I put in ID of the forum post forums Mechanics and maintenance that ID 8.

When I create an article and I click on View topic I arrive in the forum and the topic is empty

To understand a Test
http://www.scooter-chinois-4t.com/knowl ... w.php?id=9
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak french
Bruno36

DoYouSpeakWak
Name: Hans Lassen

Post by DoYouSpeakWak » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Jume wrote:
DoYouSpeakWak wrote:A little advise seems in order.

This mod is incomplete and will cause problems for most people. And there are so many better options out there. for example. Install mediawiki with a bridge to phpbb3, joomlba,drupal etc. Loads of other way better options.

There are a few problems with this mod that have been pointed out soo many times. But the author of this mod have not fixed them for years. When the last update 0.2.10 came out i tried to install it. Still has major bugs in functionality.
Really? I just installed this mod in order to test it and everything seems OK.

I could use it as a band manager (users can add their band to the database, with a link to their site and a list of their gigs ...). I haven't found a mod that could be used for this purpose.

It lacks some functionalities though:

- users can't rate an article
- users can't add comments an article (this sucks big time)

If you have a better idea for a band manager, I'd be glad to hear it :)
Dont know if you think is better. But if you use a forum to do this. (that what this mod really does) You can make a forum called bands, with subforums in diffrent genres that can be displey on index. These forums you can add rating mods to, points, what ever mod you like. AND since your using a forum to do this you have support. Here the support are limited compared to what you can get using the support forum on this site. There are no addons for this mod and one man working on it. If you use a forum you can times that with 1000.

I know its alway fun to add something new to your site for you members to enjoy. But imo you gotta match the negative stuff up against the positive. :)
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid phpBB help and System administrator services.

Souleyman

Post by Souleyman » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:03 pm

How to force to work mini KB with Reimg Image Resizer?
This mode works perfect with all images (bbcode and attachments) in the forum (3.0.4), but mini KB doesn't want to work with it.
No errors indicating just images in mini KB are not resized.
Can't find the difference between algorithms of display images in forum and in mini KB.
Maybe something need to edit in functions_kb.php or in kb_show.php?

I understand that is the question more for mates who use both of this modes, but maybe somebody can help me?

bog_tom
Translator

Re: [BETA] Mini Knowledge Base

Post by bog_tom » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:27 pm

passat3233 wrote:How to install the Knowledge Base ACP items:
ACP->System->Administration Control Panel->.MODS
Create New Module, type in "Knowledge Base"
Enable it
Then enter this Module
Then select a item at "Knowledge Base" then click "Add Module".
Repeat it with the other 2 items at "Knowledge Base".
Enable all 3 items.

After that, you find the Knowledge Base ACP items here: ACP->.MODs
I tried that (even clean the cache) but .MODs category doesn't show up in the ACP menu: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1536295

Any ideas ? Thanks !

NicksNet

Post by NicksNet » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:46 pm

nice mod, but one little problem :(

i can only attach a file wich is allowed to attach in EVERY forum - example: if a pdf-file is not allowed to attach in only one of my forums i cant attach a pdf-file in knowledge base

how can i fix this? i dont like to allow every extension in every forum to attach every file in knowledge base

greetz
Sorry, my English isn't the best...

the.ronin

Post by the.ronin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:53 am

DoYouSpeakWak wrote: I know its alway fun to add something new to your site for you members to enjoy. But imo you gotta match the negative stuff up against the positive. :)
Very well said.

Neverbirth

Post by Neverbirth » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:32 am

I've added commenting and rating support yesterday... although it's not complete yet (missing edition, deleting of the comments, and permissions), and the main code is from the phpBB Gallery. Also, I want to make some other changes to the MOD, I contacted Toby to see what he thinks and if my changes could be later added or adapted to an official release.

I've also made a dynamic reviews form system for the KB.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9246885

Neverbirth

Post by Neverbirth » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:09 am

I haven't heard back from the author, dunno, maybe he is rather busy or don't speak English? dunno, it's a shame, I made some fixes and improvements to the MOD, some additions, etc... and I'd like to change the permissions system as well, so they can be configured for each category, and define that way if you want the users to rate and comment on articles, but that would be a "big" change, and I think making and releasing it without the author's consent isn't right, plus the changes would have to be made for every new release...

adzyboy

Post by adzyboy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:54 pm

Maybe wait and see what comes from this mod? If it eventually dies off, or is very rarely updated then go for your own mod release..
I've finally got this mod working myself, but renamed a bunch of the files and stuff, inconsitency drives me crazy.. naming one file kbsearch, another kb_show and another kb-posting.. does my head in lol. I've got it working anyway, and I'm editing it to add it as a review system (just the renaming of the files etc..), but adding comments and ratings would be very cool.
The only way I think that can be achieved atm with this is adding the option in the ACP to post in a forum, then commenting through there, but that defeats the point of this entire feature then.

I also discoverd how he's put his copyright in this, added it through the translation_info in the overall_footer, can't say I've seen any other mod do it this way.

dragnaar

Post by dragnaar » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:36 pm

whether to add Support Ticket System MOD to Mini Knowledge Base?
Its possible?

Neverbirth

Post by Neverbirth » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:12 pm

adzyboy wrote:Maybe wait and see what comes from this mod? If it eventually dies off, or is very rarely updated then go for your own mod release..
I don't know phpBB rules on this subject, but I bet this isn't allowed without the original author's permission.
adzyboy wrote:The only way I think that can be achieved atm with this is adding the option in the ACP to post in a forum, then commenting through there, but that defeats the point of this entire feature then.
Well, as I posted, I've already added support for it. Although there are no permission support for enabling/disabling it, and just admins can delete or edit comments right now, it wouldn't be hard to add at all, but again, I'd like to completely change the permissions system of the MOD, so they can be set for each category... I'll wait a bit and see if Toby finally writes me back...

If you want the modified files and the SQL scripts send me some PM.

Neverbirth

Post by Neverbirth » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:25 pm

OK, so I've asked about the issue of releasing a modified MOD version, and it's possible... I'll look more into improving the MOD in the future then.

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:08 pm

Neverbirth wrote:OK, so I've asked about the issue of releasing a modified MOD version, and it's possible... I'll look more into improving the MOD in the future then.

Good. This MOD is in need of some cleaning up! :)

Jume

Post by Jume » Wed May 06, 2009 11:13 am

Neverbirth wrote:OK, so I've asked about the issue of releasing a modified MOD version, and it's possible... I'll look more into improving the MOD in the future then.
Thank you Neverbirth.

Any idea when we might expect a new release? :oops:

Features I'd like to see in a new version:

- ratings !
- comments (not really necessary, since one can use the topic link option)
- the ability to decide in which order the entries are listed (e.g. highest rating, most viewed ...)
- maybe a 'wikipedia' kind of option: if allowed in the acp, all members can not only create but also edit some articles (not only the ones they started themselves)
- uploads

Neverbirth

Post by Neverbirth » Wed May 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Jume wrote:Any idea when we might expect a new release? :oops:
I expect to organize all the changes I've made so far and upload them this weekend, but of course, it all depends of how busy I'll be...
Jume wrote:Features I'd like to see in a new version:

- ratings !
- comments (not really necessary, since one can use the topic link option)
- the ability to decide in which order the entries are listed (e.g. highest rating, most viewed ...)
- maybe a 'wikipedia' kind of option: if allowed in the acp, all members can not only create but also edit some articles (not only the ones they started themselves)
- uploads
Well, most of that is already covered... uploads? the original MOD already has an option for attachments...

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”