[ABD] Knowledge Base 0.2.14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Neverbirth

Re: [BETA] Mini Knowledge Base 0.2.10

Post by Neverbirth »

Jume wrote:Neverbirth, are you aware of this mod? Maybe this might be interesting for your mod or maybe the two mods should be merged.

Just a suggestion :)
Yes, I'm aware, but I feel it a bit strange, and am not much interested on trying it at this moment. Of course this may change in the future, and is always nice to have alternatives, plus we may see more advance on this other MOD.
padlets wrote:I wanna add a block to board3portal, i use this code

Code: Select all

<strong>{L_ST_TOP}</strong><br />
		{L_ARTICLE_CONT}<strong>{COUNT_ARTICLE}</strong><br />
		{L_CATEGORIES}<strong>{CONT_CATS}</strong><br />
		{L_ARTICLE_NEWEST} <strong><a href="{U_NEWEST_ARTICLE}">{NEWEST_ARTICLE}</a><strong>
but i'm only see { ARTICLE_CONT } { CATEGORIES } { ARTICLE_NEWEST } and not the data.
Of course... you must program de php side of the block to make it work as it should...
The-Lord

Post by The-Lord »

Neverbirth, any chances of you posting any updated version of this Mod?
Neverbirth

Post by Neverbirth »

I plan to release a new version of the Dynamic Forms System MOD as soon as possible, which I'd like to make public this weekend, but I can't assure it's going to happen. Then I'll halt its development for some time so I can contribute to another MOD, look into releasing a new version of this one, and start working on a completely new MOD that I think a lot of people will find of interest.
tas2580

Re: [BETA] Knowledge Base 0.2.11

Post by tas2580 »

Update to 0.2.11

New functions:
  • Article rating
  • Similar articles
  • Save old article versions when editing an article
To update form 0.2.10 look at the kb_update.php in the new ZIP file.
bog_tom
Translator

Post by bog_tom »

Thanks tas2580

Do you have an ETA when final version will be released ?
tas2580

Post by tas2580 »

No,

I will try to add some other functions like article comments, permissions for each category and trace if a user has viewed an article.
After that I make some tests and then I make it to final.
Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen »

Is there a fix for the article count not showing up in classic view?
tas2580

Post by tas2580 »

Look that in the phpbb_kb_categorie table cat_articles is by default 0 and not NULL, this will fix the problem.
Turbid

Post by Turbid »

Installed this using automod just fine on a home test server running phpbb 3.04 and all went fine, tried to do the same on my site running phpbb 3.05 and I get 2 errors.
Error:You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `bbcode_uid` varchar(255) collate
CREATE TABLE phpbb_kb_article_diff ( `diff_id` mediumint(8) NOT NULL auto_increment, `article_id` mediumint(8) NOT NULL, `article` longtext collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `bbcode_uid` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `time` varchar(14) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `edit_reason` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `user_id` mediumint(8) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`diff_id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1;
Error:You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'collate utf8_bin, `show_edits` tinyint(1) NOT NULL, `post_for
CREATE TABLE `phpbb_kb_categorie` ( `cat_id` mediumint(8) NOT NULL auto_increment, `right_id` mediumint(8) NOT NULL, `left_id` mediumint(8) NOT NULL, `parent_id` mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', `cat_mode` tinyint(1) NOT NULL, `cat_parents` text collate utf8_bin, `show_edits` tinyint(1) NOT NULL, `post_forum` mediumint(8) default NULL, `cat_title` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `description` text collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `bbcode_uid` varchar(8) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `bbcode_bitfield` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `bbcode_options` mediumint(4) NOT NULL, `image` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, `display_on_index` tinyint(1) NOT NULL, `cat_articles` mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0', `last_article_url` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin default NULL, `last_article_time` varchar(14) collate utf8_bin default NULL, `last_article_id` mediumint(8) default NULL, `last_article_poster_name` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin default NULL, `last_article_poster_id` mediumint(8) default NULL, `last_article_poster_colour` varchar(6) collate utf8_bin default NULL, `last_article_title` varchar(255) collate utf8_bin default NULL, `ads` text collate utf8_bin, PRIMARY KEY (`cat_id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;
padlets

Post by padlets »

tas2580 wrote:Look that in the phpbb_kb_categorie table cat_articles is by default 0 and not NULL, this will fix the problem.
Thanks, i had this problem too. i have aother problem, when i delete an article the count don't updates and no't the last article.
bog_tom
Translator

Post by bog_tom »

When I link a KB category to a forum I get an error (see below). If I use it without the link works fine. What could be the reason?

I added following entries in MODs->KB->Configuration->Post template section:
Topics Title: {TITLE}
Post text: {TITLE}, {DESCRIPTION}, {POST_TIME}, {TYPE} , {URL}, {AUTHOR_ID}

I use 0.2.10. Is this KB version compatible with 3.0.5?

Thanks

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Column 'topic_first_poster_name' cannot be null [1048]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_topics (topic_poster, topic_time, topic_last_view_time, forum_id, icon_id, topic_approved, topic_title, topic_first_poster_name, topic_first_poster_colour, topic_type, topic_time_limit, topic_attachment) VALUES (0, 1244348124, 1244348124, '16', 0, 1, 'test', NULL, NULL, '0', 0, 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1949
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_kb.php
LINE: 479
CALL: submit_post()

FILE: knowledge/kbposting.php
LINE: 194
CALL: activate_article()
bog_tom
Translator

Post by bog_tom »

bog_tom wrote:When I link a KB category to a forum I get an error (see below). If I use it without the link works fine. What could be the reason?
I made some tests and it looks like the error occurs only on an upgraded forum from 2.x to 3.x

Probably there is something different on forum table structures.
Turbid

Post by Turbid »

uhg
bog_tom
Translator

Post by bog_tom »

0.2.12 [BETA] was released !

Tobi is working hard these days ;)
femu

Post by femu »

Hi Tobi,

what's about upgrade instructions?

I altered the mini KB in a way, that I can't just overwrite everything. Also I think, there are additions to the database ....

I'm currently use 0.2.10 ....

Thanks,
femu
Regards, femu

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”