[ABD] FCKeditor MOD (WYSIWYG HTML editor)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
DRCOM88

Re: [Alpha] FCKeditor MOD (WYSIWYG HTML editor)

Post by DRCOM88 »

Hi all..
when I decided to download your editor, I found that the file: /template/prosilver.xml can't be opened properly...
Please reupload the file...
because I've changed phpbb3 files, but the prosilver template files remained unchanged
thanx for this great work
sangho

Post by sangho »

is this work in PHPBB 3.0.1?
Any one here successfull install on PHPBB 3.0.1 can give us a demo board. Thanks :roll:
DRCOM88

Post by DRCOM88 »

Hi agein..
replying on myself
Im facing a silly problem, but no body wanna help me>> the file "templates/prosilver.xml" is not working properly,, so I can't change the templates on my board..
When I try to open it it gives me:
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource 'file:///H:/Yazan/very new/porr/fckeditor/templa...
so i wannna know if there is any way to read this file,, if not, pease upload a working file for me..
I really need help
legend19892008

Post by legend19892008 »

is it available 4 phpbb3.0.2?
plz reply
zb22222

Post by zb22222 »

I have installed FCKeditor mods in the same way as the Installation Instructions In the file and everything went well.

After activation of the editor, FCKeditor not visible and it is still my old bbcode to be seen!

I have installed 'FCKeditor plug' Version 0.1 Alpha on phpbb 3.0.2

What can I do?
mrdodge

Post by mrdodge »

DRCOM88: move modx.prosilver.en.xsl into same folder as prosilver.xml

I followed the fckeditor.xml
I followed all the prosilver.xml

I get the error: Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/fckeditor.php'

So I go to the ACP and change the "Rich editor path:" to point to /phpbb3/language/en/mods

but it still can't find the fckeditor.php file... what should I set the server to?

Setting it to phpbb3/fckeditor doesn't help because the fckeditor.php file is not it there (see phpBB3mod from FCKeditor_mod_0_1.tar.gz). And when i place a copy of fckeditor.php in there, I get a different error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: fckeditor

Please help...

Thanks,
MD
kiran_n444

Post by kiran_n444 »

mrdodge wrote:DRCOM88: move modx.prosilver.en.xsl into same folder as prosilver.xml

I followed the fckeditor.xml
I followed all the prosilver.xml

I get the error: Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/fckeditor.php'

So I go to the ACP and change the "Rich editor path:" to point to /phpbb3/language/en/mods

but it still can't find the fckeditor.php file... what should I set the server to?

Setting it to phpbb3/fckeditor doesn't help because the fckeditor.php file is not it there (see phpBB3mod from FCKeditor_mod_0_1.tar.gz). And when i place a copy of fckeditor.php in there, I get a different error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: fckeditor

Please help...

Thanks,
MD
you need to go to their website and download the latest version of the wysiywg editor.

Don't install this mod, I don't reccomend it because they've stopped developing the phpbbmod, also after installing, when you try to make a thread/post you'll always get an error saying that the post doesnt have the minimum characters. You can go ahed and try to figure out that error, I've tried, so I just uninstalled the mod altogether. =) hope my first comment helps you out

PS Sorry for discouraging this mod... but its a sad fact
Smart_Viral

Post by Smart_Viral »

i want FCKeditor in phpBB 3.0.2 what can i do?
mainhoondon

Post by mainhoondon »

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Out of range value adjusted for column 'user_login_attempts' at row 1 [1264]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
kiran_n444

Post by kiran_n444 »

Smart_Viral wrote:i want FCKeditor in phpBB 3.0.2 what can i do?
Download and and Upload the Latest fckeditor to your forum root and then intsall this mod.
numediaweb

Post by numediaweb »

THIS RELEASE IS NOT WORKING ON V 3.0.2 !

TESTED WITH PHPBB 3.0.2 AND DIDN'T WORK, EVEN ON THE FCKEDITOR'S WEBSITE, THEY DID NOT MENTION THAT PHPBB 3 SUPPORTS THEIR WYSIWYG; THEY EVEN HAVE A PHPBB FORUM WITH THE ORIGINAL NATIVE PHPBB EDITOR!!!!.. IF IT WORKS FOR PHPBB, WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST IMPLEMENT IT ON THEIR FORUM!!
Last edited by numediaweb on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiktor

Post by wiktor »

THIS RELEASE IS NOT WORKING !
True, but remember that this is a "MODs in Development" forum. As the title says, it's an Alpha version, it is more a "concept proof" release than a stable version. It was developed on phpBB3 RC7 and (at this moment) is not compatible with phpbb3.0.2.

If there is anyone willing to help in working on this module (average knowledge of javascript + php is required), please feel free to send me a PM.
Best Regards,
Wiktor Walc
--
http://cksource.com
faldoroc

Post by faldoroc »

Is this mod officially not working for 3.0.2? If so, anyone has an idea of why?

I don't get very far in the MOD installation process. This is where i get stuck:
AFTER saving all files, making all modifications (remember to follow the instructions inside "templates" directory!), there is one more thing to do.
Login to Administration Control Panel. Do the following:
Go to "General -> Post settings" and enable "Allow rich editor"
Go to "General -> Private message settings" and enable "Allow rich editor in private messages"
Go to "General -> Server settings" and set "Rich editor path"
Darkmoox

Post by Darkmoox »

wiktor wrote:
THIS RELEASE IS NOT WORKING !
True, but remember that this is a "MODs in Development" forum. As the title says, it's an Alpha version, it is more a "concept proof" release than a stable version. It was developed on phpBB3 RC7 and (at this moment) is not compatible with phpbb3.0.2.

If there is anyone willing to help in working on this module (average knowledge of javascript + php is required), please feel free to send me a PM.
It works for me in 3.0.2 and I was able to change my current template to use it.

The actual problem I have is that I added BBcode "Justify" and FCK doesn't manage it.
I Have the button but by clicking it nothing happens...

Have someone any idea ?

Thx !
Hamed2000

Post by Hamed2000 »

Thanks for your work. we are wating for new version. ;) :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”