[ABD] Filebase 2.0.0 (Download MOD)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
rbraud

Re: [RC3] Filebase 2.0.0 (Download MOD)

Post by rbraud »

It's ok with passwords, great.
I think that it would be better to explain that.

Regards,

Rodolphe
Freak46

Post by Freak46 »

What to put in overal header for the navigatiion bar. (subsilver2) it isn't added in the install.xml
Damien Boyle

Post by Damien Boyle »

Great mod nice work :) would be cool if you could add a Progress Bar in the next version ;)
SafariAl

Post by SafariAl »

Sorry to bump but after installation, it uploads but nothing happens with the sub categories. Should a link appear where it has the catagory title? because nothing happens for me :(
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

I have tested this mod and it works great in all aspects, but I feel possibly lacking a few key functions for admins and possibly user.

Admins -
Delete an entire catagory or sub catagory even with files in it that would succefuly delete all files from within that directory or sub directory from the list and the server. ( or at least allow to delete the catagory then manualy go delete that catagory from the server ourself)

Edit fields Like edit names of files I have noticed sometimes with uploads thier names are jacked up due to another possibly need to fix item (if a user uploads a file named with some marks like ' IE Guns 'n' Roses The file name gets messed up and comes out like n roses. I am assuming the mod is trying to escape qoutes etc for php. Not sure. Anyways editing filenames would be nice for if they upload some long name that is unneccasary as well like this Linking Park - Meteora - 03 - Somewhere I Belong.mp3 I would rather just rename that to Linking Park I Belong or whatever I felt like :P

Users-
Users allowed to change filename (same reason as above permission based)
Users can delete thier own upload (permission based)

I had a few other ideas but forgot what they were. Meant to post earlier but been busy.
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

Another one that would be nice is a link field for off site linking. My host only allows for 32mb files to be uploaded (but I cant seem to get them to get php to pass more then 6.5 mb :evil: Not sure why) But I store files on my home sever too. I would Like to offer some of those files in the filebase using a link. I forget wich mod it was on phpbb2 but there was one that did just that. You could upload a file or use a link as the download info. That would be nice :D
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it
Tails_UK

Post by Tails_UK »

What permissions should this be?

1. Create folders (if not exists through upload) and give them all rights:
- filebase
- filebase/preview
- filebase/tmp
- filebase/tmp/prev

I have got the error "You are not allowed to see the filebase!" on my forum. I am not sure if this is related because I wasn't sure what these should be

I have checked the permissions in the ACP and allowed all users to be able to view Filebase and I have even added it to my admin user and I still can't see the filebase. I have created some sub catergories still the same.

Refreshed the cache too.. :?: :?:
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

Did you go to group permissions > select the group> Advanced Permissions> Set your options and click apply permissions ? Same as the arcade and alot of other permission based mods. ?

PS as far as the "rights" I think they mean the cmod rights IE 755 or 777 or whatever you want. Becasue that you are reffering to the folder if not uploaded add rights.
pertneer

Post by pertneer »

I have a feature request:

Have option for either a PM or email to be sent to admin when a new file needs to be "Approved".

I for one do not check this often enough and users end up posting about it not showing up. Would be a nice addition to a great mod.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright
Tails_UK

Post by Tails_UK »

ThunderCrew

Yes, I have changed the permissions in the ACP for the admin user. I have check the admin group and applied the permissions to the group. Checked the Admin user and it has permissions to filebase. But when I go to the file base option in the forum I get the error that I am allowed to access it. I have purged the cache and everything but sill the same.
Overhead

Post by Overhead »

@ Tails_Uk

do the same under User (Name of the Admin)... ;)

cu Overhead
JiiPee
Name: Jani Partanen

Post by JiiPee »

Because this mod seems to be dead, does anyone know any other project?
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

This mod is actualy a very nice one working verry well (with a few small flaws like fetures that really should be on it) But I do agree there has been no reply from the author in a while etc. Dont think there are any other upload / download file storage mods out right now for 3.0 but then again I have not looked for one since this one seemed to be working well enough (hopped for new releases with some of the feture request added though :D )
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

Last visited: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:22 pm

And his last post is on the previous page. I don't consider this abandoned...he's just been busy.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
crevette

Post by crevette »

Hi

I translate your mod in French.

You can find this translation here :
http://www.lehaguet.net/mod/frenchLangu ... _2.0.0.zip

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”