[ABD] Filebase 2.0.0 (Download MOD)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Insomniac'

Re: [RC3] Filebase 2.0.0 (Download MOD)

Post by Insomniac' » Mon May 12, 2008 12:51 pm

Hello everybody,

Just one question : The next version (2.1.1) will be released soon ? It'll be just an update of the Filebase 2.1.0 Pre or a new version we can install immediately ? Thanks for your work !

Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp » Mon May 12, 2008 1:06 pm

Should be an update.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs

viper77

Post by viper77 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:50 am

There will be an update or a new install. There will be definitly the need to exchange all the FileBase files because i have done modifications in all of the files. On forum.visop.de you will see an example how it can look like. I'm not 100% sure if i'm adding preview images for remote files at the moment.

spideyh2003

Post by spideyh2003 » Fri May 16, 2008 2:50 pm

PLEASE HELP ME ON THE FOLLOWING... i was not able to follow this instruction.. :(
IV. Follow these steps, to add management functions to MCP
- Goto "Admin Control Panel"
- Goto tab "SYSTEM" on left side goto MODULE MANAGEMENT: Moderator Control Panel
- Type in field for new module "Filebase" and click on "Create new module"

- IN THE FOLLOWING DIALOG CHOOSE THE OPTIONS
Module Type: Category
Parent: MODs
Module enabled: YES
- Click "Submit"
- Now you can goto "MODULE MANAGEMENT:Moderator Control Panel"
- Click on "Filebase"
- There is a box to add modules
- From this you have to choose the two options for "FILEBASE" and click "ADD MODULE"
- Finally you have to enable the two options
- To get access to the MCP Section of Filebase you need to set the User or Group Permission under Permission

Regards,
Don

viper77

Post by viper77 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:38 pm

What is unclear? You go in the ACP Section and add the module there as described.

OKCRandy

Post by OKCRandy » Fri May 16, 2008 4:40 pm

spideyh2003 wrote:PLEASE HELP ME ON THE FOLLOWING... i was not able to follow this instruction.. :(
IV. Follow these steps, to add management functions to MCP
- Goto "Admin Control Panel"
- Goto tab "SYSTEM" on left side goto MODULE MANAGEMENT: Moderator Control Panel
- Type in field for new module "Filebase" and click on "Create new module"

- IN THE FOLLOWING DIALOG CHOOSE THE OPTIONS
Module Type: Category
Parent: MODs
Module enabled: YES
- Click "Submit"
- Now you can goto "MODULE MANAGEMENT:Moderator Control Panel"
- Click on "Filebase"
- There is a box to add modules
- From this you have to choose the two options for "FILEBASE" and click "ADD MODULE"
- Finally you have to enable the two options
- To get access to the MCP Section of Filebase you need to set the User or Group Permission under Permission

Regards,
Don
The documentation is lacking in telling the user where and what to look for. I found this in two areas of the documentation.

Here is a screen capture for the two options to add. MCP_Filebase

Also, when you are setting permissions for groups to use Filebase, be sure to select "Advanced Permissions" to see the Filebase permissions.

Open the above links in a new window or tab or they will open in this window. :roll:

I hope this helps. Atleast you figured out the four options that are not listed in the documentation.

Cheers
Randy

viper77

Post by viper77 » Fri May 16, 2008 8:01 pm

If the mod is installed correctly then you see Filebase there. And if you are installing Filebase then it should be clear that Filebase and the two or now three options are for the mod i think? Or not. :)

In your screenshot there are missing some edits for the language which is documented in the mod installation.

But the next version is out. 2.1.1 RC1

OKCRandy

Post by OKCRandy » Fri May 16, 2008 8:24 pm

viper77 wrote:If the mod is installed correctly then you see Filebase there. And if you are installing Filebase then it should be clear that Filebase and the two or now three options are for the mod i think? Or not. :)

In your screenshot there are missing some edits for the language which is documented in the mod installation.

But the next version is out. 2.1.1 RC1
Since I do not know what it is supposed to look like, I may have missed something in the installation. I meant to mention that in the above post. I am not sure that everything is installed and correctly configured at this point. Even though I was careful in each step, even when the instructions where not clear.

Thank you for your support and great work so far.

Randy

justin2748

Post by justin2748 » Sun May 18, 2008 2:30 am

I am having a problem. I have installed this mod, and it appears to all be working, I can see the filebase, and have all the ACP and MCP modules added. I have also updated the admin permissions allowing everything for the filebase, however when I go to the file base everything works fine until I click upload, at that point it logs out my user and tells me I don't have permission to view the filebase, and than I have to log back in. Anyone else have this problem? If so how did you correct?

spideyh2003

Post by spideyh2003 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:52 am

OKCRandy wrote: The documentation is lacking in telling the user where and what to look for. I found this in two areas of the documentation.

Here is a screen capture for the two options to add. MCP_Filebase

Also, when you are setting permissions for groups to use Filebase, be sure to select "Advanced Permissions" to see the Filebase permissions.

Open the above links in a new window or tab or they will open in this window. :roll:

I hope this helps. Atleast you figured out the four options that are not listed in the documentation.

Cheers
Randy
Dear Randy,

thanks for your response, however it is the "MODS" in the dropdown for the parent category that I can't find, as it is written in the instructions. Here's a screenshot on my end.

also thanks Viper for this module and if you have a reply to my problem too i would appreciate.

regards,
Don

Tripp
Former Team Member

Post by Tripp » Mon May 19, 2008 12:34 pm

That part is to add the ACP part of it which is why it says the parent is .MODS

Formerly Drugs

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Mon May 19, 2008 7:33 pm

viper77 wrote: But the next version is out. 2.1.1 RC1
thats what I am waiting on before starting to test this mod out.....
If it still has plan on "hotlink" files.
The reason being is some files I want to add are between 60-200+mb and my host dont store that size so I want to use home server to store and link to those.
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

golgoth

Post by golgoth » Mon May 19, 2008 7:39 pm

2.1.1 RC1 has been released the 16th and it does support remote upload :)

OKCRandy

Post by OKCRandy » Mon May 19, 2008 7:50 pm

Are there screenshots of the ACP and MCP to let the user know what should it should look like. I am still missing where the edit previews is.

Does 2.1.1 RC1 completely replace 2.1? I really would rather wait on installing do not want to put rc on a live site.

Randy

Tripp
Former Team Member

Post by Tripp » Mon May 19, 2008 8:09 pm

People need to understand that modules function regardless or where you put them. I put all my mods under Board Settings in ACP even though some tell me to add them under .MODs. Add the module in MCP and ACP where you feel it best fits. Where it's located in either does NOT hinder the functionality of the mod or settings.

Formerly Drugs

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”