[ABD] Integration for DokuWiki

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Re: [ALPHA] Integration for DokuWiki

Post by bonelifer »

Wobo undo everything you've done. Then try this bridge from Dokuwiki's site.

http://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:integrate_with_phpbb3
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
wobo

Post by wobo »

LOL! That's what I am talking about all the time. I used exactly this "tips:integrate_with_phpbb3" page and I thought this here is the discussion thread about that bridge! Sorry, a big misunderstanding on my side!

Ok, as you see, I already did what you're suggesting. I also found out how to avoid those notices about errors in auth.php - but those had nothing to do with the problem that the bridge does not work.

I am at the point where the bridge seems to de-activate the dokuwiki groups and fails to activate the phpBB3 groups. I start phpbb3, log in as admin, click on the dokuwiki link and I see the wiki, but I am not admin there.

wobo
Parents: Talk to your kids about Linux!
Before someone else does it!
eisa01

Post by eisa01 »

I couldn't get it to work either. Then I tried pasting the config info into local.php, and it worked...
wobo

Post by wobo »

eisa01 wrote:I couldn't get it to work either. Then I tried pasting the config info into local.php, and it worked...
Which config info? You mean the contents of local.protected.php into local.php?

wobo
eisa01

Post by eisa01 »

Yep.

Also, the line in phpbb3.class.php that tries to correct the $php_root_path doesn't really work.
wobo

Post by wobo »

eisa01 wrote:Also, the line in phpbb3.class.php that tries to correct the $php_root_path doesn't really work.
What did you do to make it work?
Pasting the lines of local.protected.php into local.php did not change anything.

wobo
eisa01

Post by eisa01 »

I haven't fixed that, but it was not necessary to make the login work. But it's necessary for assigning group rights.

If it didn't help to paste it in local.php instead, I have no idea what might be wrong with your setup.
wobo

Post by wobo »

eisa01 wrote:I haven't fixed that, but it was not necessary to make the login work. But it's necessary for assigning group rights.
Hmm, can it be that we are talking about different things here? It's about the group rights which are not defined so when I login in phpbb3 and start dokuwiki I have no admin rights in doukwiki. I am logged in as plain user.

wobo
eisa01

Post by eisa01 »

Ok, seems like we did have a different problem. I couldn't log in at all until I did the change, but then I was properly recognised as admin.

I'm set as founder in phpBB, are you? I've also set up new groups that does work fine, so it should be possible to get it right. You might want to login with the user you created under the dokuwiki install to check how the groups are set up. Then you'll probably run into the path issue I mentioned, but you can edit that on a case by case basis.

A tangential question: Is it possible to assign more than one usergroup in phpBB to one usergroup in DokuWiki?
wobo

Post by wobo »

eisa01 wrote:I'm set as founder in phpBB, are you? I've also set up new groups that does work fine, so it should be possible to get it right. You might want to login with the user you created under the dokuwiki install to check how the groups are set up. Then you'll probably run into the path issue I mentioned, but you can edit that on a case by case basis.
I am set as founder in phpbb3. I've also set up new groups which work fine. The way groups are set up under dokuwiki is exactly the problem! In the admin panel I can fill in the same groups I have in phpbb, after I activate the bridge, all of the users in those groups are mere readers, as I am, not admin any more.

What exactly is the path problem and could you give an example of what you did?

wobo
eisa01

Post by eisa01 »

In phpbb3.class.php:

Code: Select all

if(strpos($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], "/lib/exe/") !== false) { $phpbb_root_path = '../../'.$phpbb_root_path; }
This doesn't work on my server. The strpos didn't get a match, so I inserted an echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] so I could figure out what it should be on my server. But there's an additional problem in that it's no fixed directory depth, so on some places it needs to go two extra levels up, but only one in some cases.

Specifically I had to change it one extra level up to get Access Control List Management->Permissions for {GROUP} to work.
wobo

Post by wobo »

Thx. I'M not a PHP coder, so I do not fully understand but I'll look at the code on my server tonight and try my best :)

wobo
wobo

Post by wobo »

Hmm, sorry, but I don't get it, my knowledge of PHP is not sufficient.

My structure on the server:
/var/www/ is the webserver's root of http://www.mandrivauser.de
/var/www/testweb/forum3/ is phpbb3's root
/var/www.testweb/doku/ is DokuWiki's root

'echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']' gives /testweb/doku/doku.php
And the $phpbb_root_path is already defined in local.php as '../forum3/'
wobo

Post by wobo »

I'm still stuck at this problem, has anything new turned up so I can make this bridge work?

wobo
gussie

Post by gussie »

Is there a way I can use this script across two domain names without using the server paths?

I set up DokuWiki on a separate domain name, but I would like to give my phpBB3 users access via their phpBB3 login IDs. I'm in touch with my webhost to figure out why my DokuWiki cannot seem to access the phpBB3 files in my forum website's path. I get this error:

Code: Select all

open_basedir restriction in effect. File(../../...pathtomyphpBB3.../common.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home... pathtomyDokuWiki.../httpdocs:/tmp) in /home... pathtomyDokuWiki.../httpdocs/lib/plugins/phpbblogin/action.php on line 38
Res tantum valet quantum vendi potest
Do not hire Christian Bullock - he will not finish the job and he will not return your money.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”