[ABD] Integration for DokuWiki

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
gussie

Re: [ALPHA] Integration for DokuWiki

Post by gussie »

My webhost ultimately took off some safeties that prevented my 2 websites from accessing one another's paths. So I now almost have it working. DokuWiki can reach the common.php file at my phpBB3 and doesn't crash.

What I'm stuck on now is the login - I can't seem to login at DokuWiki. Are we NOT supposed to do this anymore? When I click on the Login Button in DokuWiki, I am sent to a create a wiki page which shows the path to my phpBB3 ucp. In other words, instead of going to the usual DokuWiki login URL, my phpBB path name is inserted into the form.

I'm wondering if I should be commenting out the login button in DokuWiki altogether. I do not seem to have any access in DokuWiki at the moment, even though I am logged in as an admin at my phpBB3
Res tantum valet quantum vendi potest
Do not hire Christian Bullock - he will not finish the job and he will not return your money.
gussie

Post by gussie »

Can this bridge be as simple as the Wordpress-phpBB3 Authorization bridge described here
This plugin allows to use the password from a working phpBB installation to log into a Wordpress blog.

You still need to create users in the Wordpress administration panel, but the users may use their phpBB password to log in.

Wordpress passwords are still valid to log in.
The main benefit I am looking for is to allow my Forum members to be able to log into my DokuWiki without creating a new username/password. Session (cookie) managment is a nice to have, but not critical in my opinion.

Any ideas?
Do not hire Christian Bullock - he will not finish the job and he will not return your money.
Turbid

Post by Turbid »

I would love to see this finished.
faraday01

Post by faraday01 »

I made my own integration with many achievments (but not finished yet):
  • user-page for users
  • auth integration
  • language and timezone support
  • links to user profiles in dokuwiki
  • login redirection to phpbb3's loginbox in dokuwiki
coming soon:
  • subscription integration
  • discussions of articles in phpbb3
  • and more
if somone is interested in this project, just contact me. when i will have been finished with this whole project, i'll upload it or something like this, so everybody can use it and work on it.
greetings faraday

p.s. sry for my bad english...^^
wobo

Post by wobo »

Well, I'd really love to see this and I don't think I'm the only one!
Pls keep us posted about the progress of this.

Regards
wobo
Parents: Talk to your kids about Linux!
Before someone else does it!
gussie

Post by gussie »

For what it is worth, we are experimenting with JFusion (www.jfusion.org) Joomla bridge, which supposedly can handle user logins for phpBB3 and DokuWiki. Users will log into the Joomla module, which supercedes the logins in phpBB and Dokuwiki
faraday01

Post by faraday01 »

gussie wrote:For what it is worth, we are experimenting with JFusion (http://www.jfusion.org) Joomla bridge, which supposedly can handle user logins for phpBB3 and DokuWiki. Users will log into the Joomla module, which supercedes the logins in phpBB and Dokuwiki
Yeah i tried this one. But it wouldn't work perfectly. The basic idea is very good, but the final implementation is - in my opinion - weak. And note additionally: the imlementations i made aren't supported in the joomla bridge. The joomla bridge only combines the auth-system (yet), not more.
wobo wrote:Well, I'd really love to see this and I don't think I'm the only one!
Pls keep us posted about the progress of this.

Regards
wobo
Yes, i thought that i'll upload this (as a open source project maybe?), when i'm done.

EDIT: I've got a new implementation: full sid support!
Derky
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Re: [ABD] Integration for DokuWiki

Post by Derky »

Marking this MOD as abandoned. Nathan Brittles if you want to continue this MOD please PM me or an other MOD Team Member to reopen this topic.
faraday01, if you want to take over this MOD/idea you may open a new topic in this forum. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”