[ABD] SiteMap Generator

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Andey

Re: [BETA] SiteMap Generator

Post by Andey »

can someone upload this on a working server
i tried for the past three days now link is dead.... the whole site is dead
iBotPeaches

Post by iBotPeaches »

Heres B4, sorry I'm still waiting for B2 like all of you.

http://ibotmodz.net/downloads/SiteMap_G ... .0.0B4.rar
alecrust

Post by alecrust »

Hi,

I have installed everything, but when I click the "Run Now" button, my ACP disappears and I get theis about 20 times down the page:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/sitemap_functions.php on line 124: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument
Then this:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sitename/public_html/includes/functions.php:2970) in /home/sitename/public_html/adm/index.php on line 149
And that repeated down the page but with different line numbers.

Can anybody help me out?
Joshua2100

Post by Joshua2100 »

the download wasn't down for that long... : /
alecrust

Post by alecrust »

I'm sorry I don't see how that fixes my problem...
DubCA

Post by DubCA »

alecrust wrote:Hi,

I have installed everything, but when I click the "Run Now" button, my ACP disappears and I get theis about 20 times down the page:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/sitemap_functions.php on line 124: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument
Then this:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sitename/public_html/includes/functions.php:2970) in /home/sitename/public_html/adm/index.php on line 149
And that repeated down the page but with different line numbers.

Can anybody help me out?

Great mod, but unfortunately I have the same issues as above and the following issue...

When I submit sitemap_index.xml to google I get the following error from google

Code: Select all

Network unreachable: robots.txt unreachable
We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.
Got any idea what I should do? There is no robots.txt included in the files. I followed all instructions.
andrewgalpin

Post by andrewgalpin »

will try great MOD! :)
woodsman

Post by woodsman »

The mod generates nice xml sitemaps. The problem is that it both lists private/hidden/restricted forums and the topics within them. shouldn't it just list what's accessible to guest/bot type user?

I have a forum for administrators, another for moderators and other 3 for trusted registered users that no one else can see. I don't really care about listing them as the contents is not revealed, but google and other bots are going to return errors when trying to access those links.
Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things »

woodsman wrote:The mod generates nice xml sitemaps. The problem is that it both lists private/hidden/restricted forums and the topics within them. shouldn't it just list what's accessible to guest/bot type user?
Right, I agree on this, a sitemap showing links to inaccessible topics will not be liked by Google.

I'm still using phpBB2 and for some time I have been using the Googlesitemapgenerator by Pentapenguin. This MOD has two inconveniences, it generates links to inaccessible topics and it doesn´t generate a good lastmod date. It uses the time the first post in a topic was posted so the lastmod date never changes.

Recently I found the perfect sitemapgenerator for phpBB2. This one generates a sitemap without links to inaccessible topics and it uses the date of the latest post in a topic as the lastmod date.

Looking at the code of your MOD I understand you also use the lastpost date as the lastmod date which is great.

I posted the link to the phpBB2 sitemapgenerator so that you can have a look at how it eliminates inaccessible forums and topics from the sitemap it generates. Maybe you allready know that MOD but if not I hope it can help you to sort out the item brought up by woodsman. ;)
For phpBB2 support visit phpBB2refugees.
flightlevel23

Post by flightlevel23 »

Hello, this seems like a great mod. When would this mod support 3.01? :D
Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things »

It does allready.
For phpBB2 support visit phpBB2refugees.
TheMoustic

Post by TheMoustic »

Hello !

This MOD works perfectly before I upgraded to phpBB3.0.1 and to phpBBSeO0.4.2.

When I click on run now, I have :
Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in (...)/includes/sitemap_functions.php on line 95
Which is:

if (!function_exists('clean_url'))
            {
                trigger_error($user->lang['SEO_NOT_INT'] . adm_back_link($this->u_action), E_USER_WARNING);
            }    
If I disable SEOMOD:
(..............)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at (...)/includes/functions.php:2989) in (...)/adm/index.php on line 151

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at (...)/includes/functions.php:2989) in (...)/adm/index.php on line 153

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at (...)/includes/functions.php:2989) in (...)/adm/index.php on line 154

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at (...)/includes/functions.php:2989) in (...)/adm/index.php on line 155
adm/index.php on line 150 to 158:

// application/xhtml+xml not used because of IE
    header('Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8');

header('Cache-Control: private, no-cache="set-cookie"');
    header('Expires: 0');
    header('Pragma: no-cache');

return;
}  
Waiting for a fix ;)
Theory, it is when nothing works, and when we know why.
Practice, it is when everything works, and when we do not know why.

Here, both are combined: nothing works, and nobody knows why.
Albert Einstein
alecrust

Post by alecrust »

I have exactly the same problem.
flightlevel23

Post by flightlevel23 »

Dogs and things wrote:It does allready.

Ahok, thanks installed and working perfectly.

May i ask how to add meta tags and a description to PhpBB3 :D .
UncleVIBES

Post by UncleVIBES »

you can add metatags with 'Advanced Meta Tags MOD' Version 1.0.0 same forum
it make tags like these one on my site, 2 fields are concern keyword content &description content. Of course each page is original -this page is from built by phpbb code of http://www.mixvibes.dj/forum-rules-t8961.html It makes a summary of the first post. Tuning is from the board acp. Easy. Global words can be added. (by highway of life)

<META NAME="TITLE" CONTENT="Mixvibes Dj Community">
<meta name="keywords" content="welcome, the, mixvibes, community, and, support, space, first, thing, send, your, name, forum, user, serial, userserial, you, will, receive, confirmation, email, with, which, give, full, access, update, downloads, rules, are, pretty, simple, offensive, material, off, any, kind, courteous, helpful, pms, moderators, for, can, make, new, post, then, link, mod, though, mix mp3,control vinyl,time coded vinyl,Serato,Invibes,Final Scratch, Torq, U46MK2, PCDJ, Virtual Dj, DVS, Digital vinyl system, DVSPRO, VCI100, Hercules dj console, control midi" />
<meta name="description" content="hi welcome to the mixvibes community and support space the first thing to do is send your name forum user name and serial to userserial mixvibes dj you will receive a confirmation email with h which will give you full access to the update downloads the rules are pretty simple no offensive material off any kind be courteous and helpful no pms to moderators for support you can make a new post and then pm the link to a mod though some specific problems need to be posted by pm not general support before posting check for a new update and update your mixvibes check the faqs and tutorials use the search functionnality when posting let us know what hardware you are using laptop soundcard controller device if reporting a technical issue post a config report gt congig-report-how-geenrate-one-t html the following things are not allowed on this forum messages that " />
<title>Mixvibes Dj Community &bull; View topic - FORUM RULES</title>

works perfect with phpbb3.01as this mod
// application/xhtml+xml not used because of IE
header('Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8');

header('Cache-Control: private, no-cache="set-cookie"');
header('Expires: 0');
header('Pragma: no-cache');

return;
}
I got the same seo mod installed & more, this part doesn't need a fix for me.
Last edited by UncleVIBES on Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”