[ABD] Latest Posts

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
TheUniqueTiger

Re: [RC] Latest Posts

Post by TheUniqueTiger »

jimcarrel wrote:
TheUniqueTiger wrote:I think he placed the block (in index.php) before the line

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE forumlist_body.html -->
instead of its intended location.
I'm a little confused now, I have no <!--xxx--> whatsoever in my index.php
I do in the viewforum_body.html under styles.
Tis okay tho, cause I did find something while digging, (an edit i misplaced for another mod) that I needed to fix.
Cheers and thanks
I meant the template for index.php - the index_body.html file.
You have only One Life... So before you are History, make sure you make it to the History books! - TheUniqueTiger
jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

Well I'll be...... I've tried putting it at the top before, but it came out all wrong, This time it looks pretty dadgummed good.
Thanks to the both of you.
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve
GlennP

Post by GlennP »

Hi - Thx for the mod. (I was hoping the V3 would have everything I needed so I would have to apply mods - here it is day 2 and applied this one! :x )

Two things.

1. Can the mod show the root subject (as sometimes people don’t type anything - or type something so unrelated and cryptic it is hard to work out what it was about)
2. Can it be implemented in a page outside of the phpbb area? For example an index outside of the forum (but same server)? If so what code needs to be included etc...

Thanks!

Glenn.
da`

Post by da` »

Hi
it didn't work, until i changed is_dynamic for 'latest_posts' and 'allow_guests_latest_posts' into phpbb_config table into the DB to value 1 !!

now works fine, but i'm going to change code to show the root subject ;)
y0y0
TheUniqueTiger

Post by TheUniqueTiger »

You just had to purge the cache so that the config variables are recached... Making those is_dynamic simply recached them forcibly. I'll suggest you to set the back to original values (as they are not dynamic values) and purge the cache.

In phpBB3, every post by default has a subject... So I don't think a user would purposely delete the post subject. Even if he does so, it will show a 'No Subject' titled link to the post... (I'll have to make it language based in the next version.) Till now I haven't seen any post on a live phpBB3 forum without a subject.

The code is pretty simple as you'll notice... The only thing is that it implements the auth system, the cache (for post icons) and requires the two config variables (and the db of course). If your external page can support these then you can easily use the blocks of code in that page too.
You have only One Life... So before you are History, make sure you make it to the History books! - TheUniqueTiger
Molopää

Post by Molopää »

Hi, TheUniqueTiger

Edit... Good mod i think.. But MOD Download: Download link, not work.
apeee

Post by apeee »

*** I have considered the table prefix as 'phpbb'. Please replace it with your table prefix.

INSERT INTO phpbb_config VALUES ('latest_posts', '5', 0), ('allow_guests_latest_posts', '0', 0)
How do i install this code in myphpadmin. I'm new to sql and using myphpadmin. I opened the myphpadmin and clicked on the phpbb_config text which was at left hand side bar. I then clicked on the insert button. But from now on I don't know where and how can I put the values.

I can see following things there:

config_name varchar(255) option bar Null text bar
config_value varchar(255) option bar Null text bar
is_dynamic tinyint(1) unsigned option bar Null 0

please let me know step by step how to insert your values and where. This is the first mod in my phpbb forum that I'm using.
    TheUniqueTiger

Post by TheUniqueTiger »

The download link works!!! I just now managed to trigger a download successfully.

Please read the 'How to use phpMyAdmin' topic in this forum for more help... In this case, after having clicked on 'phpbb_config' in the left sidebar, click on 'SQL' tab on the top links on the main right frame. Now you will have a large text box with some default text. Remove that text and paste the line 'INSERT INTO phpbb_config...' as given in the install instructions in that large text box. Then click 'Go'.
    apeee

Post by apeee »

i think i have installed it correctly. coz when i open my forum index no errors comes up but I'm unable to see the last posts in the index forum. I have even allowed to see the last posts to guests. but still its not working i think. setup was perfect as you told.
    apeee

Post by apeee »

Sorry for troubling you but it started working now. Just changed the position in index_body.html. Thanks for great mod. I'll also love to install your forum statistic mod. Your great man, doing so well as such a young age.
    TheUniqueTiger

Post by TheUniqueTiger »

apeee wrote:Your great man, doing so well as such a young age.
    Thanks for your compliments!!! 8-)
    Balero

Post by Balero »

Is there any possible way that this could be configured to scroll the latest posts?

Thx ;)
    TheUniqueTiger

Post by TheUniqueTiger »

Balero wrote:Is there any possible way that this could be configured to scroll the latest posts?

Thx ;)
    This only shows links to the latest posts... I guess you mean to scroll the entire text of the post, which is not possible with this MOD.
    googleandroid

Post by googleandroid »

I am using the acidtechred style and I cannot install this mod.

I can install this MOD up until it says this:

Open: styles/prosilver/theme/common.css

my acidtecred template doesn't have Common.CSS
    I have ie7.css, mac.css stylesheet.css and theme.cfg

So how do I do the following step that the mod installation instructions tells me to do:

Open: styles/prosilver/theme/common.css

Find
    Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

Code: Select All
    .clear {
    display: block;
    clear: both;
    font-size: 1px;
    line-height: 1px;
    background: transparent;
    }

I tried to partial find these codes in stylesheet.css but i don't have any code named block or .clear {

Add after
    Tip: Add these lines on a new blank line after the preceding line(s) to find.

Code: Select All
    /*MOD Latest posts*/
    span.latest_posts{
    font-size: 1.1em;
    }
    span.latest_posts a.latest_post_subject{
    font-size: 1.1em;
    font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    }
    /*END MOD*/

Also what are the steps to make this MOD display at the top of my forum, instead of at the bottom? I need detailed instructions as I'm not an expert.
    TheUniqueTiger

Post by TheUniqueTiger »

You can paste the block of code to be added to common.css, at the end of your stylesheet.css file.

And if you wish to display the latest posts above the list of forums you can paste the block of code to be added to index_body.html file before the line

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE forumlist_body.html -->

If you need any more help, let me know.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”