[ABD] TS Photo Gallery Mod for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
danielnguyen

Re: [DEV] TS Photo Gallery Mod for phpBB3

Post by danielnguyen » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:29 pm

Oh sorry, there was a problem, I clicked upload an jpg image and it show

Code: Select all

Information

Array

Click here to go back.
, but when i click tab View, I don't see any picture! So, how can I solve? Please help me again! Thanks
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net

VISIBLETHUNDER

Post by VISIBLETHUNDER » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:58 pm

basically before I can be of any help to you, you would need to go over every step of the install file and double check that all files were edited as per instruction.

there is no need to complete the sql section again but doing things like checking that all the provided php files have been saved to the correct locations and that all required file edits have been completed is sure to solve your issues.
TS Gallery related FAQs, DOWNLOADS and LANG PACKS can be found @ the TS MOD PREVIEW BOARD

Because Version 3 is taking longer than anticipated, I have uploaded a few temporary tools/add-ons to the preview board.

Xabi

Post by Xabi » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Welcome again, VisibleThunder :D How is it going with the gallery? Could we help?

VISIBLETHUNDER

Post by VISIBLETHUNDER » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:08 pm

Hi Xabi,

erm I have worked my way through a lot of the list of requested features and thing like

ACP managable "upload to" visibility switch,
Image title requirement switch,
User managable sub albums,
Album list pagination and
the Watermark feature

are ready and working on my test site and will definitley be included in the next release

the main problem I am working around is that for those of you who would be updating rather than installing I have to unset and remove all the gallery modules and then add them again with the new additions included otherwise they do not work,

with that in mind I decided it would be best to complete all of the features and have one update rather than have to navigate this potential minefield more than once

which brings me to my next issue, multi image uploading.

the latest php versions don't allow file information to be recalled when a page is refreshed so there is no real way to have a new upload box appear after the details for the previous file have been entered.

other than that it is just time i'm juggling at the moment. hopefully I will be able to have a good crack at it over the weekend and be able to get atleast a working install version up by next week.
TS Gallery related FAQs, DOWNLOADS and LANG PACKS can be found @ the TS MOD PREVIEW BOARD

Because Version 3 is taking longer than anticipated, I have uploaded a few temporary tools/add-ons to the preview board.

WMCMoo

Post by WMCMoo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:16 pm

Glad to see your back

Not so glad to hear aboutt he multiple upload not going to be featued :( damn ! is there no other way

i mean the mupliple attachment mod works fine ???? so cant you use something like that ?

like in here

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... d#p3190905
.mOo . cOw.

moozer

Post by moozer » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:30 pm

hi guys, quick question,
is there a way to not focus on the cursor in the comment area when opening a picpage?

everytime i open the viewpic-page, i need to scroll up to view the picture....
Board at http://www.noobdude.com , Running phpbb3, Template(s) used: ProSilver, Language(s) used: English, Its hosted on a local server, Version of PHP used: 5.2.0, Database and version used: MySQL 5

kyle1745

Post by kyle1745 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:47 pm

Im sure there has to be a way to do multiple uploads. There are many php based galleries that do it.

What about uploading from a directory? or some bulk processing.

thejdm

Post by thejdm » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:23 am

you taking any requests as far as new features for this mod?

i like how you have the BBCode text box @ the top of the page showing the image. but i was suggesting a few pages back maybe a dropdown box with image names in it or some kind of DHTML or ajax DIV that pops up on a post reply letting you pick 1 or 2+ images and once selected it will add the BBCode of that image to the post??

just a suggestion.
www.thejdm.com ...turn it on, y0

newcastlefishing.com

Post by newcastlefishing.com » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:30 am

hi all

sorry i just editted this post due to a silly mistake i make.

cheers

SocalSponger

language dev

Post by SocalSponger » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:50 am

what files would I need to modify in order to create a (spanish) language pack???

Ive already started modifying/translating the strings in /root/language/es/, but the changes arent taking effect. what other code needs to be modified in order for the spanish version to load???

please help. thanks

VISIBLETHUNDER

Post by VISIBLETHUNDER » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:32 am

Moozer, I'm certain there is a way to stop the cursor from jumping to the comment box only I don't know how just yet.

thejdm, I will still add features to the request list but they won't be added in the next release, simply due to the amount of requests i am already adding. :D

socalsponger, I appreciate you working on the lang packs but would like to point out that the next release has some major changes and a great many additions to the language file. perhaps it would be an idea to hold off for a while?

K2

Post by K2 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:30 am

Hi again... got an interesting lil issue with using 'img' tags and trying to link to a photo in the gallery.

Say I have a pic on my gallery, and I want to show a thumbnail of it in a forum post. The link to that would work fine in the address line of any browser (http://yourdomain.com/phpBB3/gallery/pi ... l&pic_id=1 as an example), but if I wrap it in the 'img' tags on my forum, the error line I get is It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. and I'm unable to post/edit the message. Wrapping the same line in 'url' tags allows the post to go through, but it just makes a link out of the line, rather than showing the pic.

Anyway to work around that in a next version?

VISIBLETHUNDER

Post by VISIBLETHUNDER » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:37 am

It is something I am working on,
The issue is caused by having a maximum image allowance for forum posts set in the ACP.

WMCMoo

Post by WMCMoo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:02 am

kyle1745 wrote:Im sure there has to be a way to do multiple uploads. There are many php based galleries that do it.

What about uploading from a directory? or some bulk processing.
I really do hope so as i need a multifile upload and pretty sharpish
.mOo . cOw.

danielnguyen

Post by danielnguyen » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:46 pm

When I access UCP, I just only see the Tab Gallery Preference and when I choose this Tab, I just only see 2 options and there is no way to upload picture! How can I upload pictures?
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”