[ABD] TS Photo Gallery Mod for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
VISIBLETHUNDER

Re: [DEV] TS Photo Gallery Mod for phpBB3

Post by VISIBLETHUNDER »

Purging the cache is really simple, whenever you edit any of the html files for your forum, you generally need to do a cache purge. this ensures that the template files the visitor sees are up to date.

For future reference:
To purge simply log in to your Admin Control panel
scroll down to find the option "Purge the cache" and click "run now".

You will be asked to confirm, Click "Yes"

Job done.

as for the transferring of forum posts, I have a little general chat forum (http://threesixes.co.uk/forum)

if you pose the question in a thread on there with a little info into your knowledge of (and confidence level when) dealing with MySQL then I will see what I can do for you :)
TS Gallery related FAQs, DOWNLOADS and LANG PACKS can be found @ the TS MOD PREVIEW BOARD

Because Version 3 is taking longer than anticipated, I have uploaded a few temporary tools/add-ons to the preview board.

Tinquerbell

Post by Tinquerbell »

I'll have to do a little digging in my cpanel because I can't find a link to "Purge the cache" It's probably in a sub folder. Thank you so much for your help, and I'll be certain to post on your forum. ;)

It's people like you that make the world easier. (or at least the internet) :D

tropicalsuns

Post by tropicalsuns »

tropicalsuns wrote:Very nice mod thanks!

I have a couple odd things happening.

I use the smooth blue theme ( a subsilver mod) and when viewing the menu.php my header is condensed to about 600 pixels wide and hard right shifted. The members gallery is about 130 pixels wide and hard left shifted.

That happens when viewing "menu" "my alblums" "manage alblums" (manager.php)

It looks perfectly fine when using "Highest Rated" "Recent Images" "Most Viewed" and the header stretches back out and behaves itself. So hot.php, recent.php and views.php all look like this....

Upload.php looks like:

If I switch to regular subsilver it all seems to work fine...

Any thoughts on how to correct this as some pages display just fine?

Thank you....

A THANKS goes out to AndyGpy for solving my issues...thanks Andy.

hp_solomon

Post by hp_solomon »

Nice mod. Never had a problem installing this on my site. Thanks!

fiorefrank

Post by fiorefrank »

hi VISIBLETHUNDER,
when do you think will the next release be released?
I'd like to mix this mod wiht this other one "invite a friend mod"
So a person that want to let him/her friend know about his/her album will be able to do it!

It's integrated with referral mod of Highway if an administrator board have installed it.

I have in mind to take one image form user album and put it into email and wrote : "User XYZ is inviting you to see her album ...."
Of course have to be taked who send the email so if the next step after the album view will be the registration , the user who send the mail will be added into referral field(if it is installed)

What do you think about it?

VISIBLETHUNDER

Post by VISIBLETHUNDER »

It sounds good :) at the minute the new version isn't working as one entity, I am piecing together the separate sections once each is tested, so I am unable to send you a pre-release for you to get started. but as soon as I can I will :D
TS Gallery related FAQs, DOWNLOADS and LANG PACKS can be found @ the TS MOD PREVIEW BOARD

Because Version 3 is taking longer than anticipated, I have uploaded a few temporary tools/add-ons to the preview board.

LeNeR

Post by LeNeR »

Well, I am back again. I have installed the Gallery again. :roll: (never give up) One thing I never thought of trying was to resize the imagesize width and hight. I only tried changing the Kibs. By saving it for web and so on. Well after talking to one.com I finally figured out what the problem was, so I finally thought of saving my photos with less width and height pixels. (you probably told me, but I guess I didn't think that was what you ment. Well the photos do not resize still, but at least it works when makine hight and width lower. So i will just tell mye users that they need to change the width and height before uploading.

Well to my new problem. I use a custom theme with tabs and not links. When I go to /gallery/menu.php the nav bar doesn't look much like a navbar. Se photo below.

But it is suppose to look like this.

So what to do to make the navbar look right. Thanks in advance

cunyalen

Post by cunyalen »

I'll be perfect to mix this mod with the myspace mod: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &sk=t&sd=a.

fiorefrank

Post by fiorefrank »

cunyalen wrote:I'll be perfect to mix this mod with the myspace mod: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &sk=t&sd=a.
nice ;)
but i think it need a restyle :)

VISIBLETHUNDER

Post by VISIBLETHUNDER »

Lener the overall header which outputs the nav links should not be affected by any of the gallery code, you need to check any alterations to stylesheet.css

I have had a look at the myspace mod, I'm sure at some point I could look at ways to incorperate it, If not come up with something similar :)

fiorefrank

Post by fiorefrank »

hi friend,
i opened a new post on my board for an addition at TS gallery mod and maybe other galleries.
Like i sayd in the past i'd like to make an addition, like a plug-in for choose skin.
Here the develop :
http://www.futuresquare.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=59

See you ;)

VISIBLETHUNDER

Post by VISIBLETHUNDER »

Thanks fiorefrank,

I will check out your additions :)

[EDIT] I have had a quick look and would like to see the previews, I like the concept :)

It is things like this that I wish to have as add-ons to the gallery, rather than having it part of the core code admins can choose to use it or not.

Keep up the good work

sabrown100

Post by sabrown100 »

Hi,

is the some way I can tweak this so that users are asked to provide a URL for the image to be accessed dynamically from rather than uploaded to the server? Thanks in advance.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Hi.

Re: Template Changes.

I have just installed this mod very carefully this evening, and it looks to be fantastic :D

However I have a query please with regards to the template.

I am using Serenity template and when I load this template it look looks wrong but so far I have made no changes to the Serenity files, basically because I am confused as to what I need to change, let me explain.

In the installation file there is code for changing both Subsilver 2 template and Prosilver template.

Subsilver 2 asks to modify these files : overall_header.html, memberlist_view.html, viewtopic_body.html
Prosilver asks to modify these files : imageset.cfg, stylesheet.css, overall_header.html, memberlist_view.html, viewtopic_body.html

I am confused now not knowing which files I need to edit in my Serenity template.

Can someone give me an idea please, I'll work at this 24/7 until its right I dont mind hard work I just really am stuck now and unsure what files I need to edit.

Many thanks in advance.

Matt :)

LeNeR

Post by LeNeR »

Diablo wrote:Hi.

Re: Template Changes.

I have just installed this mod very carefully this evening, and it looks to be fantastic :D

However I have a query please with regards to the template.

I am using Serenity template and when I load this template it look looks wrong but so far I have made no changes to the Serenity files, basically because I am confused as to what I need to change, let me explain.

In the installation file there is code for changing both Subsilver 2 template and Prosilver template.

Subsilver 2 asks to modify these files : overall_header.html, memberlist_view.html, viewtopic_body.html
Prosilver asks to modify these files : imageset.cfg, stylesheet.css, overall_header.html, memberlist_view.html, viewtopic_body.html

I am confused now not knowing which files I need to edit in my Serenity template.

Can someone give me an idea please, I'll work at this 24/7 until its right I dont mind hard work I just really am stuck now and unsure what files I need to edit.

Many thanks in advance.

Matt :)
You will need to know wich template the Serenity style is based on. Subsilver and prosilver are the default styles, and if I have understood it correctly all styles are based on one of these two templates.

My guess would be that it is based on prosilver, but CyberAlien is the serentiy style developer. You could just pm him and ask.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”