[ABD] TS Photo Gallery Mod for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
petereeles

Re: [DEV] TS Photo Gallery Mod for phpBB3

Post by petereeles »

I don't know what's going on here. A real shame that the author hasn't let us know what's happening.

Unless a knowledgable coder is able to pick this up, perhaps we can use this forum to discuss the best alternative mod, and how we can migrate any images that might be in our galleries to that. I'm very reluctant to use a mod that isn't supported since a future phpBB upgrade make break it. Thoughts?

Cheers,

- Pete
Andy_Delbaere

Post by Andy_Delbaere »

FYI
I've started building some kind of multiple uploader.
The only thing is i'm making it in .NET as a windows application since i'm not a php programmer.
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

Pete, I think someone has pointed nickvergessen to this code to ask him for conversion help to his photo gallery mod. Time will tell.

Maybe we could look at his multiple upload functions and borrow the relevant code to write into this mod? :?
Muggins
amethyst5

Post by amethyst5 »

That would be great if someone could take a look at the code. I really like the look of this photo gallery. i just wish that there was a way to rearrange the photos in an album and a way to reorder the albums in the Member's Gallery.

Thanks
ameisez

Post by ameisez »

muggins wrote:Pete, I think someone has pointed nickvergessen to this code to ask him for conversion help to his photo gallery mod. Time will tell.
I think that is me :D
muggins wrote: Maybe we could look at his multiple upload functions and borrow the relevant code to write into this mod? :?
I think that is a good idea. Multiple upload is the only thing that turn this MOD down (at this stage). Every other feature doesn't really bother my members but having no multiple upload is what's making my them complain.
PHPBB on HOSTGATOR SERVER. MY PERSONAL CHOICE ;)
Need phpBB images and buttons? HIRE ME
my MOD: BB3 Media Player | a phpbb based media player
allingeneral.com

Post by allingeneral.com »

Can someone point me to a working copy of this mod, running on their board? The author's "Preview" site appears to have been removed. I just want to see how it looks before I go installing it.
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 »

allingeneral.com wrote:Can someone point me to a working copy of this mod, running on their board? The author's "Preview" site appears to have been removed. I just want to see how it looks before I go installing it.

Here is one on my TEST board that is the base install just for me to see if it would install ok:

http://www.ronnie-james-dio.com/PHOTO-S ... /index.php
Papp

Post by Papp »

DragonMaster1 wrote:
allingeneral.com wrote:Can someone point me to a working copy of this mod, running on their board? The author's "Preview" site appears to have been removed. I just want to see how it looks before I go installing it.

Here is one on my TEST board that is the base install just for me to see if it would install ok:

http://www.ronnie-james-dio.com/PHOTO-S ... /index.php
Your link is NOT TS Gallery :)

Here is the orginal link from beginning, before VISIBLETHUNDER taked over:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 2#p3188572

MY DEMOBOARD!
I hope you understand my English :-)
Terikan

Post by Terikan »

Ok I installed from the link in the most recent post here, and uh, none of it works at all. menu.php is just a blank page, when I go to the gallery tab in acp, it's also just a blank page. I get no feedback at all, no php errors. The content of the files is uncorrupted.

Anyone have any ideas?
ameisez

Post by ameisez »

Review the install procedure. You might have missed something. It's all OK on mine.

But take note that this MOD seems to be abandoned. There is another one HERE that I would have tried if I don't have this one installed.

This MOD is really great but the author is not responding to our querries anymore. it's hard to keep abandoned MOD especially in DEV stage.

Goodluck pal ;)
Celle

Post by Celle »

Edit:

i had a error but fixed it*
Last edited by Celle on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petereeles

Post by petereeles »

ameisez wrote:... this MOD seems to be abandoned.
Sure does :(

So - which mods are people likely to move/migrate to? Does anyone have a similar mod that is being maintained? I'm pretty reluctant to use anything else. If there is such a thing out there, then I'll personally look into creating a migration script.

Thanks for any replies.

Cheers,

- Pete
Celle

Post by Celle »

Everything works fine after installing this mod, also in acp, but when i try to upload an image he allways says its to big?! I even tryed with a verry small image and still its to big :s
What can i do about this problem? thx
Papp

Post by Papp »

Set your folder gallery/upload/cache/ and folder gallery/upload/pics/ permissions to 777.
I hope you understand my English :-)
ameisez

Post by ameisez »

petereeles wrote:
ameisez wrote:... this MOD seems to be abandoned.
Sure does :(

So - which mods are people likely to move/migrate to? Does anyone have a similar mod that is being maintained? I'm pretty reluctant to use anything else. If there is such a thing out there, then I'll personally look into creating a migration script.

Thanks for any replies.

Cheers,

- Pete
Nickvergessen's Gallery is what some of here is trying to look at. HERE is the link.

Hope you can make migration scrip.

I also have asked him, so you better ask him as well. maybe he already started and you can help finishing it off.

Thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”